Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I apologize for FAT 32 SHAMER. YOSPOS purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

For content, how is the new Ford Bronco looking? I haven't been able to keep up with any news since I've been so busy, but I was legit excited to hear about it since I loved the style of the original.

they trained me here first :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

scuz posted:

Welp, got my ankle bill. After insurance, I still owe $4 grand, which is like a month-and-a-half's worth of salary. Spent my meager savings on new tires so I don't die this winter. Time to call em and say "hey so yeah please help me pay you."

Wow.. does your insurance plan not have a 'max annual out of pocket', or is it just stupidly high? I believe mine caps out somewhere around two grand, but my deductible is 800, so only another 1200'ish after paying my deductible I hit max out of pocket and everything goes to 100% covered. I guess I'm lucky in that I've never hit it, but it's nice to know it's there if something like what you are going through ever happens.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
THE FURTHER SOUTH I GO THE HOTTER IT KEEPS GETTING

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

That's a bit of a weird situation. It looks like it's been re-released with a new publisher so the dev will start getting paid again. According to the description the content is largely the same apart from the addition of extra vehicles, I've no idea what the changes to the physics engine actually are.

Edit: Dirt Rally is 80% off for the next 16 hours as well

ephphatha fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 31, 2017

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 31, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

DICK DICER posted:

THE FURTHER SOUTH I GO THE HOTTER IT KEEPS GETTING

:wink:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

they trained me here first :colbert:

I think you meant to say "Eazy taught me."

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Is it just me or is it weird that adults throw birthday parties for themselves. A surprise party from friends/family I get, but planning one for yourself? Just seems odd to me.

For party read 'come to my place on this particular date to eat pizza and get wrecked.'

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Despite living in an apartment complex with many kids all over the place and plenty of well-lit sidewalks, precisely zero trick-or-treaters. I'm gonna have to eat all this goddamn candy aren't I...

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Now I'm picturing Clarkson shoveling candy into his gaping maw.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLC4jpqG-ho

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

scuz posted:

Welp, got my ankle bill. After insurance, I still owe $4 grand, which is like a month-and-a-half's worth of salary. Spent my meager savings on new tires so I don't die this winter. Time to call em and say "hey so yeah please help me pay you."

US heathcare is so weird in how different the costs are.
I got hit by a car, had dr visits, x-rays, and 3 months physical therapy and Kaiser charged the driver's insurance $2 grand. Meanwhile you ankle costs $4k in just out of pocket. This country's healthcare is so broken.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The Locator posted:

Wow.. does your insurance plan not have a 'max annual out of pocket', or is it just stupidly high? I believe mine caps out somewhere around two grand, but my deductible is 800, so only another 1200'ish after paying my deductible I hit max out of pocket and everything goes to 100% covered. I guess I'm lucky in that I've never hit it, but it's nice to know it's there if something like what you are going through ever happens.

....you have really good insurance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I invite people out to get trashed every year for my birthday. That way I control where I end up and don't have to go to some lovely burger joint with dirty counters.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

The Locator posted:

Mine has an out of pocket of $8000, the PICU care for my son hit it in 1 day. Anthem was also kind enough to reset it mid year when they removed all his records :( We managed to get it sorta fixed, we could prove all but $300 worth of bills, which they were lovely enough to add back onto the deductible. So yeah, we are going to spend close to $8500 this year not including the $180/m premium. Next year looks to be the same, we have $3500 or so saved so far for it.

I would say your insurance is among the best I have heard of in a long time. Decent healthcare coverage seems like a long ago dream at this point. At this point I just pray nothing happens because the result is bankruptcy.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

rdb posted:

I would say your insurance is among the best I have heard of in a long time. Decent healthcare coverage seems like a long ago dream at this point. At this point I just pray nothing happens because the result is bankruptcy.

I've been on my company health care plan for coming up on 7 years now, and the premiums have gone up, along with the deductibles and out of pocket and co-pays every year. I guess I just feel like it's terrible because it's the only one I know and it keeps getting worse.

If mine is one of the best, then that is utterly depressing.

Edit: Know also that I'm single, and everything doubles for family plans except co-pays of course.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm in Korea worryin' about BOATS!

We've got an engineer flying in today to install some sensors. We *thought* the ship was supposed to arrive tomorrowish and be here for a few days. Unfortunately, due to a scheduling issue, she arrived *yesterday*. I got my job done, but I'm stuck here fretting over his installation, making sure his devices can talk to our devices. There's an 80% chance I could fix whatever issues arise over a really slow satellite internet connection, and maybe a 20% chance I might have to talk my way back into the port.

Being in Korea as a business traveler is stressful in unexpected ways. I did my best to learn a little Korean before I left: I can identify most consonants and a few vowels and sound most short words out, but, like, finding a place to eat has proven remarkably challenging since I lack a fundamental ability to parse information in Hangul. Still, it's nice here, and most people are really enthusiastic about helping (especially pantomiming about the right way to eat food).

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Alright, question for the electrical nerds. All the wiring in the Nova is going to be getting redone (eventually) and while I've been gathering ideas, I'm still fuzzy on some parts.

I'm going to move the battery to the trunk so that will mean running a cable from there back up to the starter. I may do a little power distribution center/relay block under the hood to send power out to fans, lights, etc.

Question is how do I get power to the distro block. Feed it off the starter post the battery is feeding? Split it before the starter with a terminal post (still not super sure what those are for)? Something else?

Just looking for some ideas.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Locator posted:

I've been on my company health care plan for coming up on 7 years now, and the premiums have gone up, along with the deductibles and out of pocket and co-pays every year. I guess I just feel like it's terrible because it's the only one I know and it keeps getting worse.

If mine is one of the best, then that is utterly depressing.

Edit: Know also that I'm single, and everything doubles for family plans except co-pays of course.

11 years at my company and never had to pay premiums, but i think that changes soon

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Alright, question for the electrical nerds. All the wiring in the Nova is going to be getting redone (eventually) and while I've been gathering ideas, I'm still fuzzy on some parts.

I'm going to move the battery to the trunk so that will mean running a cable from there back up to the starter. I may do a little power distribution center/relay block under the hood to send power out to fans, lights, etc.

Question is how do I get power to the distro block. Feed it off the starter post the battery is feeding? Split it before the starter with a terminal post (still not super sure what those are for)? Something else?

Just looking for some ideas.

Split from a terminal post or battery cutoff switch that'll feed both the starter and the terminal/fuse block.

Really, the using the starter pole as a terminal post isnt the worst idea, but would probably make your wiring less modular and more of a pain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sweet, Cooper approved my rebate so I can go get those new tires mounted and I've got a handshake deal to sell the old tires for $100. That makes the new tires $144 not including installation.

A good day.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Safety Dance posted:

Being in Korea as a business traveler is stressful in unexpected ways. I did my best to learn a little Korean before I left: I can identify most consonants and a few vowels and sound most short words out, but, like, finding a place to eat has proven remarkably challenging since I lack a fundamental ability to parse information in Hangul. Still, it's nice here, and most people are really enthusiastic about helping (especially pantomiming about the right way to eat food).

IMO more people should try poo poo like this. You haven't lived until you spend time in a place where you speak fuckall with the natives.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

IMO more people should try poo poo like this. You haven't lived until you spend time in a place where you speak fuckall with the natives.

It's fun, but can also be frustrating. I've spent a lot of time over the last 15 months or so in Mexico, and learning to communicate has been a huge obstacle for me, as apparently I'm not great at learning a new language. I will say that I can make quite a few coherent sentences in Spanish now, and basic communications in restaurants and hotels is something I can do now, but it's been quite a trip, and can still be frustrating when I get hung up on something that the person I'm dealing with clearly thinks is simple.

Need a babel-fish!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

cursedshitbox posted:

TBH I've not really had any huge issues with only being a native English speaker when traveling for extended time - usually I've been able to make myself understood.

The only place I have had severe problems was Miami. Even loving Finland I was able to work out how to communicate with non english speaking Finns but for fucks sake the amount of people in Miami who I could not communicate with on any level blew my loving mind.... and some of them DID speak English. Even in Spanish speaking areas of SoCal were far better than that shitfest. I found the housekeeper of the hotel I was at wasn't too bad but my guess is she was used to communicating with non Creote(sp?) speakers so she had some clue how work with a Aussie with no bilingual skills.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

People in Miami don't want to communicate with you, that's the problem.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Okay people, I have a question: What's your favorite "guilty pleasure" beer/drink/sin? My GF's is Grolsch. She used to drink it a bunch as a younger person, and still enjoys one maybe every six months. Mine is Coors Banquet. It's garbage, but I enjoyed it for a few years off and on, and I really enjoyed it playing My Summer Car. I have this rule where, if I go to a proper liquor/wine store, I buy something different every time. I mean, I may buy the same thing, but it has to also include something I've never had before. The only two beers I get with any regularity (like, maybe 4 times a year, tops) are Coors Banquet and Heineken. Everything else I try is brand spankin' new.

What's your guilty/embarrassed liquor or other (if you don't drink)?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Coors Banquet (is that the name now?) is the best of the cheap macros IMO. My guilty pleasure beer is any cheap rear end novelty beer. Beer:30, Burger Beer, Schiltz, etc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I used to think Rolling Rock was good but I was 17 and a loving idiot so what can you do.

I think Jack & Coke is the apex of booze even if I no longer drink it.

IPAs are garbage beers for garbage people.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
gently caress. FRS decided to throw a CEL out of nowhere tonight. Still runs fine, fluids look okay. Guess I get to limp it to the parts store after work and pull the code.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Regular, non-flashing CEL and still runs okay? I bet you it's some emissions thing.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pretty much. Or some nebulous lean/rich code.

Also, anymore I just like an angry orchard cider. Or a chocolate porter.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Angry Orchard is good but also bad. I'll accept it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Depends on which one. Crisp apple and whayever the sour apple one is are good. The others are meh. Strongbow is another good cider.

Edit: Johnny appleseed also is delicious.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 1, 2017

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
My three weeks old son just looked my dead in the eye and then expelled an eight second fart. Never blinked. Never looked away.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Asserting dominance. If you don't counter immediately you lose.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Old Milwaukee is my shame.

Only beer my college roomies wouldn't steal.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

bolind posted:

My three weeks old son just looked my dead in the eye and then expelled an eight second fart. Never blinked. Never looked away.

I bet you felt an incredibly proud father at that point.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

IPAs are garbage beers for garbage people.
The issue is it seems like a lot of brewers have an obsession with making them taste foul.

Cider doesn't work for me, for some reason even a single pint of it gives me a headache. For the most part, I drink whisky and bourbon, though I've cut out alcohol and fizzy drinks for a while as I'm trying to cut down a chunk. Even though I mostly had Pepsi Max, being sugar free doesn't mean it's great for you.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Brothers toffee apple cider. Over-sweet sickly crap but occasionally I can't resist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

In Ireland recently I had an 'Orchard Thieves' cider aaaaaaaand it's my favourite cider now. And you can only buy it England in Sainsburys in piddly little 330ml cans instead of the hulking great 660ml bottles over there. #firstworldproblems

• Locked thread