Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Goober Peas posted:

I was pulling for the Doggers, however am glad that Astro got to be a winner.

I do not dislike them, unlike the burning hatred for the red sox and yankees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Feeling a bit better this morning - poo poo still sucks, but at least I've had some processing time.

Might be a crappy few weeks while things play out. Ah well, more coffee and scotch (albeit the second has to wait until after work...)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gently caress cancer

So sorry

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Goober Peas posted:

I was pulling for the Doggers
:staredog:

Add another one to the cultural/language divide.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

:staredog:

Add another one to the cultural/language divide.

Same divide as 'World Series' meaning 2 countries at best?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Same divide as 'World Series' meaning 2 countries at best?

That train left the station 114 years ago, sorry you weren't on it.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Eggball vs Football vs Soccer

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Goober Peas posted:

Eggball vs Football vs Soccer

This is not a problem for me personally, as I tune out immediately upon hearing any of them.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Adiabatic posted:

This is not a problem for me personally, as I tune out immediately upon hearing any of them.

Same but with American sports too.

*edit for clarity: all sports are poop to watch. Play sports instead, it's more fun.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 2, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Non Autosports sports are boring.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

College football is good. That and motoGP are about the only sports I can stand to watch.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Larrymer posted:

College football is good.

College football is a leech on Collegiate funding and College programs for the benefit of the NFL.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

College football is a leech on Collegiate funding and College programs for the benefit of the NFL.
A Good and Right Post.

College sports can gently caress right off.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Adiabatic posted:

I do like menz in uniform :glomp:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Larrymer posted:

College football is good. That and motoGP are about the only sports I can stand to watch.

MotoGP is the poo poo, have you seen the last few races? Phillip Island was epic. Best racing around right now by far.

CommieGIR posted:

That's cool as long as the NFL has a farm system to get players from :)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Applebees Appetizer posted:

That's cool as long as the NFL has a farm system to get players from :)

No its not. And that's about as far as I'll go with it. If the NFL wants to farm players, it can readily afford to make its own system. gently caress off my Public Education system.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

American football is slowly dying off thanks to more and more parents pulling their kids out of it because of all the hotbrains issues

Soon the only people left playing football are the poor kids who see it as their only shot to make it

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

No its not. And that's about as far as I'll go with it. If the NFL wants to farm players, it can readily afford to make its own system. gently caress off my Public Education system.

Whatever man, it's been that way forever and is not going to change. The NFL is awesome and so is college football.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Whatever man, it's been that way forever and is not going to change. The NFL is awesome and so is college football.

Appeals to Tradition is a logical fallacy, you know that right?

gently caress football, gently caress the NFL using our Education System as its free-to-them recruiting system, and gently caress the whole thing for leeching on ACTUAL needs of college students in favor of bread and circuses for the rich and wealthy to dip their hands into to keep themselves rich.

http://www.businessinsider.com/university-new-hampshire-football-stadium-scoreboard-librarian-donated-million-dollar-estate-2016-9

quote:

Alumna Claire Cortese wrote a blog post vilifying the school's decision, identifying UNH's art and photography departments, and student publications — which have received funding cuts in recent years — as more worthy recipients of Morin's money. She also drew attention to the fact that the school just completed a $25 million renovation of the football stadium.

"Ultimately, the school's administrative decision to spend a quarter of Morin's generous donation on a inconsequential trinket for the athletic department is a complete disgrace to the spirit and memory of Robert Morin," Cortese wrote. "As a wildcat, I feel deeply saddened, and honestly completely ashamed of my alma mater for this."

gently caress your sport. You have to face this, and this is not a matter of me being a pessimist: You are actively contributing and cheering for the crushing of public education so you can watch a game.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-01-04/college-football-s-top-teams-are-built-on-crippling-debt
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-greenwald/college-football-is-steal_b_8282690.html

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Man I've got to agree with CommieGIR on this one.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus Christ. Aren't you leaving the country anyway? Guess you won't have to care anymore then huh.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Jesus Christ. Aren't you leaving the country anyway? Guess you won't have to care anymore then huh.

dont worry he'll never stop posting

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Does that make it okay then? I'm leaving, ergo the money suck that is college football is okay?

I know I'm being an rear end in a top hat here, but c'mon now. You don't get to openly say "HOORAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL!" and then ignore the very real consequences of the sport you praise will have on generations to come because you wanted to watch a game.

Changing that viewpoint is essential to changing the overall ethos. Its not about me being an rear end in a top hat, which I get that I am, its about facing the reality that you are creating through ignoring what its actually doing to the country at large.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I get to openly say whatever I want. Football is cool and I enjoy it, have fun watching soccer in Germany I guess?

Lol what the gently caress.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the NFL is an evil and corrupt corporation that is ruining public education but hey i love football! go have fun in europe watching their dumb gay sports! my country is falling apart :smug:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

new "no sportsball chat" rule incoming :rip:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Everything can be turned into a political argument I suppose :shrug:

I like football so I'm a jerk, oh well.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

new "no sportsball chat" rule incoming :rip:

:rolleyes:

In other news I saw this really good post recently and I think y'all should go take a look. Especially CommieGIR since he doesn't have anything else to do for 6 hours. Here's some excerpts:

Adiabatic posted:

1. Don't be an rear end in a top hat for no reason.

2. Basics

No militantism. It's okay to have an opinion. To go on little "campaigns" every time someone mentions something you don't like is retarded.

12. Slothlaw is now in effect

Be Chill To One Another

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

unfortunately everything that is fun and enjoyable also happens to be extremely profitable and our capitalist overlords want to make sure to extract every last dollar from the population before someone else does it first

while football isnt political, there are a lot of politics involved in the way that they draft players right out of universities instead of leagues that theyve established like the MLB and NHL do. There are also a lot of politics involved when building their stadiums and giving them tax breaks because having the team will supposedly bring a lot of business to the surrounding area

and in almost all cases everyone except the team owner is the loser on all of these deals

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The only reason political chat in particular is done is because it always devolves immediately into a bunch of assholes arguing with eachother.

Devolving into assholes arguing with eachother on any subject is bad and you should feel bad about doing it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

The only reason political chat in particular is done is because it always devolves immediately into a bunch of assholes arguing with eachother.

Devolving into assholes arguing with eachother on any subject is bad and you should feel bad about doing it.

Everyone should do what i do and ignore the news and stay in bed for as long as possible every morning because the future is terrifying and life is mediocre

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CommieGIR posted:

Appeals to Tradition is a logical fallacy, you know that right?

gently caress football, gently caress the NFL using our Education System as its free-to-them recruiting system, and gently caress the whole thing for leeching on ACTUAL needs of college students in favor of bread and circuses for the rich and wealthy to dip their hands into to keep themselves rich.

http://www.businessinsider.com/university-new-hampshire-football-stadium-scoreboard-librarian-donated-million-dollar-estate-2016-9

gently caress your sport. You have to face this, and this is not a matter of me being a pessimist: You are actively contributing and cheering for the crushing of public education so you can watch a game.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-01-04/college-football-s-top-teams-are-built-on-crippling-debt
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-greenwald/college-football-is-steal_b_8282690.html

This is a good post

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Everyone should do what i do and ignore the news and stay in bed for as long as possible every morning because the future is terrifying and life is mediocre

No thats only Michigan

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

unfortunately everything that is fun and enjoyable also happens to be extremely profitable and our capitalist overlords want to make sure to extract every last dollar from the population before someone else does it first

while football isnt political, there are a lot of politics involved in the way that they draft players right out of universities instead of leagues that theyve established like the MLB and NHL do. There are also a lot of politics involved when building their stadiums and giving them tax breaks because having the team will supposedly bring a lot of business to the surrounding area

and in almost all cases everyone except the team owner is the loser on all of these deals

Lol you don't think I know this? I'm not worried about any of that, I'm 46 years old and have been watching football since I was a child, I just like to watch football ok. I really don't give a poo poo about any of that.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

If you love football so much why don't you marry it or at least advocate for it to be a more responsible institution without having to detract from any of the reasons you enjoy it??

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

shut up morrissey

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Olympic Mathlete posted:

In the UK it's been shown that the general public believe that 'lazy shiftless sad sacks' are leaching ten hundred billion quid from the pot. Fact is the real number is absolutely gently caress all in the grand scheme of things. Ironically those that are loving the country over are the huge multi million pound + companies.

Not saying don't chase the small leeches but when you have huge ones feeding directly off your arteries you may want to prioritise a bit.

Also I love not having to gently caress about doing taxes ever :allears:

Its alright for some you bastard :(. I have to do taxes and they loving suck working as a 1-man business since I have to follow the same rules and procedures as those huge companies.

I have just had to do a VAT return. The 'simple' scheme I am on changed in April and I have now had to follow these incredibly badly written instructions to work out my new VAT rate.

quote:

These businesses will now be classed as “limited cost traders” if they spend:
• less than 2 % of their VAT inclusive turnover on goods in an accounting period; or
• more than 2% of their VAT inclusive turnover but less than £1000 a year.
I spent ages trying to understand this and have concluded that it should just say "if they spend less than 2% of their VAT inclusive turnover OR under £1000 per year on goods", which seems much simpler.

also

quote:

Goods do not include:
• goods you will resell or hire out unless this is your main business activity

:psyduck:
surely all business goods are resold? (ideally)

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 3, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lol you don't think I know this? I'm not worried about any of that, I'm 46 years old and have been watching football since I was a child, I just like to watch football ok. I really don't give a poo poo about any of that.
Unfortunately it means that you're leaving the future in a worse state than when you arrived

fridge corn posted:

shut up morrissey

I was looking for a job, and then I found a job / And heaven knows, I'm miserable now / In my life, why do I give valuable time to people who don't care if I live or die?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fridge corn posted:

If you love football so much why don't you marry it or at least advocate for it to be a more responsible institution without having to detract from any of the reasons you enjoy it??

Because i don't have time for that poo poo, I just want to watch it ok?

Wow I never had to explain myself for liking football before lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Who wants to play a game of "poke the LiPo"?

At least now I know why my dashcam got even flakier over the past few days.

I think I have a spare supercap for one of those, after I replaced one, and it just turned out that my G1 was just sucking too much power in standby. If I can remember where I put it, you're welcome to it. Just plugs right in in place of the battery, I think.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

qft

• Locked thread