Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Do kids still collect stickers for sports events in your country? They sure do in Croatia! I worked on several albums for previous tournaments, and it looks like this.

Panini owns the rights for the official stuff but we can do this because it's Art. No photographs, no official kits, no FA logos, no official mascots etc. The project is accompanied by Facebook games, quizzes, giveaways and other stuff but I'm not involved with that this time. My job is to pick players, define most of the album content, organize illustrators and give them players' descriptions/ideas.

You can ask me stuff and I'll also ask you a bit about your teams. :bubblewoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

This owns so much. Are there any particularly racist caricatures in the weird off-brand panini sticker book you can show us?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

No, we only do national stereotypes.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Are there any australians? If so are they riding kangaroos?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

It will be almost exclusively teams that qualified so Australians have to defeat Honduras first. Yeah, something kangaroo-related might appear.

We had five Australians in the 2010 album but I don't have their drawings sadly.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was concerned that somebody was going to steal my usual Panini online sticker album thread

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some of these would make insanely good AVs

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

We need some avs and name changes for next year imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
These are really cool. Is that gnome part of the official product?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
This is great! I hope Italy loving qualifies so you can make some pizzaiolo guys.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Those are loving cool, will any of the expat corner shops in Switzerland get them you think?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

vyelkin posted:

These are really cool. Is that gnome part of the official product?

No, it's just random art to make the pitch more interesting. Our official unofficial mascot will probably be Siberian tiger.

greazeball posted:

Those are loving cool, will any of the expat corner shops in Switzerland get them you think?

That would be great but I have no idea what those shops stock and whose decision it is (shop's owner or distributor).

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

This is cool, can you show me the Costa Ricans when they're ready? I can answer questions about the team and the national stereotypes.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

This is great! I hope Italy loving qualifies so you can make some pizzaiolo guys.

Me too! We'll have at least one Italian (Buffon, naturally) because we'll have a page or two of players who didn't qualify. Mainly so that we can put some Bosnians because the album will be sold in Bosnia too.

Simone Poodoin posted:

This is cool, can you show me the Costa Ricans when they're ready? I can answer questions about the team and the national stereotypes.

We're working on them right now. My picks are
Keylor Navas
Celso Borges - heavy metal / drumming
Bryan Ruiz - journalism (pen behind the ear)
Cristian Gamboa - energetic (drawn with many legs)
Yeltsin Tejeda - I guess we'll put Boris Yeltsin's face on his kit

What do you think?

We might later expand to 10 Costaricans, depending on how the remaining teams qualify.

Doctor Malaver fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 1, 2017

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Where did you get the journalism thing for Bryan? Haven't heard that before. Borges and Gamboa are spot on.

I get Yeltsin being there because of his name but he's not really that important for the team anymore. I would choose someone else, maybe Campbell because he's more famous but my choice due to importance right now would be Kendall Waston, his thing is that he's a badass giant CB who scores a lot.

Here's him scaring the poo poo out of a journalist when celebrating the WC qualification https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVRlikz7elI

e: Bryan had a column in the now dead newspaper Al Dia, interesting. He's not really know for that though.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 1, 2017

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Great, that's exactly the kind of help I was hoping for!

I'll post the English players list tomorrow. Any other teams goons might help me with?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I'll dig up some poo poo on the Swiss if they manage to get past Norn Ireland. Let me know who might be on your list and I'll ask around.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Malaver posted:

Great, that's exactly the kind of help I was hoping for!

I'll post the English players list tomorrow. Any other teams goons might help me with?

I can make some suggestions for Australia in the unlikely event we don't choke vs Honduras

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Byolante posted:

I can make some suggestions for Australia in the unlikely event we don't choke vs Honduras

same

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Honestly the entire A league thread could make up a list and some hilarious suggestions for how to draw it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Have you got a picture of everyones favourite England Lion John Terry possibly beating up a minority?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

I have a 2012 superstitious Terry (incomplete) and a 2010 knight Terry.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Gareth Southgate - writing a book

Harry Kane

Joe Hart - golden gloves

John Stones - literally made of stones

Kyle Walker - a price tag

Gary Cahill

Jordan Henderson - hardworking (sweating, maybe building a wall made of footballs)

Dele Alli

Eric Dier - maybe taking a set piece?

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - rugby

Raheem Sterling - short, funny haircut and sideburns, runs fast

Marcus Rashford - a play on his youth, maybe a lollipop

Daniel Sturridge - earphones? Seems he has a record company

Chris Smalling

Comments welcome!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Joe Hart should be failing to catch something

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

Joe Hart should be failing to catch something

maybe have him applying butter to his gloves

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
raheem sterling runs like a woman

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Eau de MacGowan posted:

raheem sterling runs like a woman

To me it's more of a camp velociraptor

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Tsaedje posted:

To me it's more of a camp velociraptor

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
A t-rex with muscular dystrophy

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

OK, we'll draw him like that, heh heh

BTW based on the latest Southgate's moves, it looks I need to remove Oxlade‑Chamberlain, Sturridge and Smalling. And put Trippier, Gomez and Ashley Young?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Doctor Malaver posted:

BTW based on the latest Southgate's moves, it looks I need to remove Oxlade‑Chamberlain, Sturridge and Smalling. And put Trippier, Gomez and Ashley Young?

To early to eliminate anyone based on this squad, he's still experimenting and shuffling players around. Got anything for Winks yet?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Doctor Malaver posted:

You should definitely do a Phil Jones one, I mean have you seen his face?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

If you're doing Blegum make sure you get Nainggolan smoking several cigarettes at once even if he actually isn't in the team, and an anime version of Eden Hazard, everyone else is boring

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

belgend posted:

If you're doing Blegum make sure you get Nainggolan smoking several cigarettes at once even if he actually isn't in the team, and an anime version of Eden Hazard, everyone else is boring

Mertens is cool and good and could be drawn as a gnome something.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
lmao at Kanu

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Our deadlines got moved today and to meet them we'll have to draw fewer players in "special" poses. :( The huge majority will have to be in ordinary running / shooting the ball poses.

belgend posted:

Gigi Galli posted:

Mertens is cool and good and could be drawn as a gnome something.

We could do Nainggolan as a t-rex or something, he looks really mean. And we already have Fellaini blowing a dandelion because his hair is like a dandelion. :downs:

Any background on Hazard = anime and Mertens = gnome?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Doctor Malaver posted:

Any background on Hazard = anime and Mertens = gnome?

Hazard watches anime, there's some picture of him watching naruto after a game

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Speaking of anime, Bryan Oviedo wears DBZ boots if you need another costarican. He also gets injured a lot.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

trem_two posted:

maybe have him applying butter to his gloves

Surely running Head & Shoulders through his hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Is Joe Hart really known for dropping balls?

Or are you just being mean

• Locked thread