Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

This thread is worth following. Seth Abramson has done a lot of good work explaining what all of this has meant, (it’s all loving bad for Trump) and doesn’t seem like breathless Louise Mensch type stuff at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

this is worth reading

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Problem, snowflake?

I'm triggered by acronyms!!!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

my kinda ape posted:

I'm triggered by acronyms!!!

Smdftb

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/the-west-wing-trump-is-apoplectic-as-allies-fear-impeachment

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

borgias.jpeg

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:bisonyes:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
So when exactly are they go in to take away angry oranges twitter?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Watch this guy walk free due to Trump tweets.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

I get the whole big stupid Twitter thread multi comment poo poo. Some people like it I guess.

Can I just ask for a real write up too? Long form style? In a link? To somewhere not loving Twitter which is the wrong goddamn platform for it?

Fucker wrote 30 loving tweets.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
Greek media portrays Papajohnalus as way more important to foreign policy than the Trump team is saying. That is important because the Russian ties will curtail Turkish power in the region somehow (I think?) The campaign fired him, "his piece was done." Then rehired him shortly before the election to go after Hillary some more.

It's more of the administration says one thing but reality is the opposite. I almost wish that there was competence at more levels so the world isn't constantly bombarded with how stupid and corrupt these people are.

I won't be surprised if our next president isn't given a Nobel prize right off the bat again just for being somebody not insane. poo poo, I don't really care if there's a power hungry, racist, homophobic, retard in the presidential palace of some shithole in South America or Eastern Europe. This is the goddamn USA though. We're supposed to represent, not be reprehensible.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

orange juche posted:

This is called tampering with judicial proceedings. Way to loving go.

If this bothers you I suggest avoiding the interview where he agrees the dude should get no due process and be immediately taken to Gitmo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Spacman posted:

If this bothers you I suggest avoiding the interview where he agrees the dude should get no due process and be immediately taken to Gitmo.

Thing is, Anger Mango isn't talking to anyone but his mouth breathing base with this stuff. If he manages to gently caress up the entire trial and the guy gets off completely free because of his tweets, his base is just so loving stupid they will see it as more proof of how right Strong Daddy Trump is and how corrupt the entire judicial branch is.

"Obviously a terrorist is guilty, how could they not lock him up? The judge is an ISIS sympathizer and the only way things can be put right is for Real Americans to use some second amendment solutions. Trump warned us, he's said from day one these so-called judges can't be trusted" and so on.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

orange juche posted:

This is called tampering with judicial proceedings. Way to loving go.

Aaaaand he just repeated it again this morning because of course he did.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Spacman posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/926053970535243777

Weren’t most of the people in GITMO rendered by the CIA, served up by other intel agencies, or captured in Afghanistan? That’s a hell of a lot quicker than a federal trial, unless Trump is confusing the process of releasing detainees with convicting them. Which of course he is.

:psyduck:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/926053970535243777

Weren’t most of the people in GITMO rendered by the CIA, served up by other intel agencies, or captured in Afghanistan? That’s a hell of a lot quicker than a federal trial, unless Trump is confusing the process of releasing detainees with convicting them. Which of course he is.

:psyduck:

Sometimes you need to go back to the original Fox and Friends clip to work out the logic.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/926057639624273920

Maybe this is the grain storage Ben Carson was talking about?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Spacman posted:

Well duh of course trump and his underlings want to squirrel him away to gitmo as soon as possible never to be heard from again cause CLEARLY he's a false flag actor sent out to be brown and cause mayhem so They could distract everyone from the indictments and papatopadopapowerbottomus flipping on them I mean come on a bb gun?!? Open your eyes sheeple!
:tinfoil::thunk::tinfoil:

Also lol I had to teach my phone "sheeple"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Is this like their cure for AIDS?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/30/john-boehner-says-he-told-sean-hannity-youre-nuts/?utm_term=.296cc0606477

he's running

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Nah I'm willing to bet it's additional support for the arching above the grand gallery. There's voids above the King's chamber too for pressure relief on the granite slabs

Even though Egypt is a bit of a shithole I recommend that everyone who has even a small interest in ancient history go see it. Khufu's pyramid is legit the most impressive thing I've ever seen and the king's chamber is otherworldly. That whole room seems to just absorb light. If you get there early before the tourist busses show up and get inside when there's only a guard, go over to the sarcophagus, put your hands on it and close your eyes. It's the closest thing I've ever experienced to an out-of-body experience.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

20 inch chrome rims versus submarines

throw some d's on that bitch

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
GOP tax plan came out.

Outlook is.... negative in some industries.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zeroisanumber posted:

GOP tax plan came out.

Outlook is.... negative in some industries.

Mortgage interest tax credit capped at $500k instead of the current $1m, per the plan. Also, RIP student loan interest tax credit.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/926093173683904513

I highly doubt the plan passes the Byrd rule though, not enough revenue for the cuts they're making. It's designed to *maybe* get out of the House, then the Senate laughs hard and passes their own thing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I will laugh so loving hard if this triggers a housing/credit crisis.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

I will laugh so loving hard if this triggers a housing/credit crisis.

Trump's Twitter was bragging about housing prices being at a high and I couldn't help but wonder how long it would take for him to trigger a crisis, what with all the stupid financial and consumer protection repeals they've been pushing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Trump's Twitter was bragging about housing prices being at a high and I couldn't help but wonder how long it would take for him to trigger a crisis, what with all the stupid financial and consumer protection repeals they've been pushing.

They're pushing significant reductions in take home pay for the demographic that is extremely leveraged and forms the foundation for most of the economy. It's like taking one more piece from a jenga game after it was already deemed impossible.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Halving the mortgage interest tax credit is one of the few parts of the tax plan that doesn't gently caress poor and middle class people, and if this does trigger some kind of crisis, then there was a bubble and it was going to pop sooner or later.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

at the date posted:

Halving the mortgage interest tax credit is one of the few parts of the tax plan that doesn't gently caress poor and middle class people, and if this does trigger some kind of crisis, then there was a bubble and it was going to pop sooner or later.

In high price markets it does. As ridiculous as it sounds, a $700k house in some areas IS middle class.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well that things deader then Weebo Bin Laden.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

at the date posted:

This would make the mortgage interest credit cutoff lower then the VA home loan max in some areas. Housing is expensive in urban areas and it's not a bubble.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If Republican tax cuts crash and burn the knives are going to come out and Reservoir Dogs will look like good, clean fun. Corporate donors, billionaire sugar daddies, wall street...the line of people waiting for their return on investment is pretty loving long.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Jarmak posted:

Housing is expensive in urban areas and it's not a bubble.

LMAO if you think its just expensive in urban areas. Its only inexpensive in areas that often have little to know employment that'll qualify you to purchase homes in that area.

bird food bathtub posted:

If Republican tax cuts crash and burn the knives are going to come out and Reservoir Dogs will look like good, clean fun. Corporate donors, billionaire sugar daddies, wall street...the line of people waiting for their return on investment is pretty loving long.

Its going to crash and burn. Period. They didn't learn their lesson from Michigan and Kansas, and continue to argue that Trickle Down works and that Conservatism cannot fail, only be failed.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

LMAO if you think its just expensive in urban areas. Its only inexpensive in areas that often have little to know employment that'll qualify you to purchase homes in that area.

Its going to crash and burn. Period. They didn't learn their lesson from Michigan and Kansas, and continue to argue that Trickle Down works and that Conservatism cannot fail, only be failed

Ummm... no not really... I'm guessing you're working off a different definition of "expensive" though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Jarmak posted:

Ummm... no not really... I'm guessing you're working off a different definition of "expensive" though.

Expensive is defined by the ability to actually qualify for the loans and pay off the house at a local income rate. Most areas where housing is inexpensive requires you to either drive long commutes to seek a job that'll allow you to afford said loans.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

In high price markets it does. As ridiculous as it sounds, a $700k house in some areas IS middle class.

I know a couple in Seattle who bought their 900 square foot house for $160k back in 2004, it's worth close to a half-million now. This is a big "gently caress you!" to coastal states and I don't think the GOP shitheads from those states are going to go along with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

Its going to crash and burn. Period. They didn't learn their lesson from Michigan and Kansas, and continue to argue that Trickle Down works and that Conservatism cannot fail, only be failed.

Fair point for the long run. Wealth inequality being kicked up to 11 will do all kinds of fun poo poo. I'm speaking more in the immediate sense of not passing Two Scoop's 'cut cut cut' plan. A whooooole lot of people paid good money to get those cuts.

• Locked thread