Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Spacman posted:

Thinking on the Manafort antique rug thing... wasn't some Persian rug shop a dead drop or spy centre in one of the Clancy Jack Ryan Mary Sue novels.

Life stranger than fiction if so.

I remember the antique book store in London being one in Patriot Games. In the Burlington Arcade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Ill be honest here

My early teens were a lot of Clive Cussler, Dale Brown and Tom Clancy

Because the idea of a sst-nosed BUFF slanging AMRAAMS is cool as poo poo when you’re 12.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

bird cooch posted:

Same-same.
From pages back, but I was almost named Dirk.

Dirk Pitt got to flush Adolf Hitler's ashes down the white house toilet. That was the last book I read.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Nah I'm willing to bet it's additional support for the arching above the grand gallery. There's voids above the King's chamber too for pressure relief on the granite slabs

Even though Egypt is a bit of a shithole I recommend that everyone who has even a small interest in ancient history go see it. Khufu's pyramid is legit the most impressive thing I've ever seen and the king's chamber is otherworldly. That whole room seems to just absorb light. If you get there early before the tourist busses show up and get inside when there's only a guard, go over to the sarcophagus, put your hands on it and close your eyes. It's the closest thing I've ever experienced to an out-of-body experience.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

If you loving idiots crash the housing market because of Orangegropenfuehrer's incoherent twitter ramblings I will be really pissed off I'm selling my condo early next year DON'T gently caress YOUR NEIGHBOR IN THE rear end AMERICA.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Oh yeah it’s loving crazy I’m waiting for the bubble to burst but if it’s gonna burst I want it to be Canadian hubris that does it.

MADE IN CANADA QUALITY

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

My sister sold her semi-detached 1700 sq ft 3bd/1ba with a finished basement early October, it's a nice place, backs onto the Humber river. It's what people would have considered a nice starter home about 15 years ago.

They bought it for 650 back in 2012. It went on the market for 799. It sold within a day (with 12 viewings and 5 offers) for 980.

A million buckaroos for a starter home.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

There's a reason that the sale of new homes in BC and Ontario suddenly dropped off markedly as soon as the provincial governments instituted a "Foreign Buyer's tax" on each home purchase.

Watch what happens when an empty home tax gets raised.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Racist perjury elf strikes again!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sure it's because we don't have a whole lot of data on their fuckups but it sure does seem like the FSB is otherworldly good at their jobs.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I wanna give those nerds a wedgie but they'd shoot me :(

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Nature Boy's doin' whatever pays these days! WOO!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

America: Hey look we love sticking our dicks in wasps nests
Israel: HOLD MY MANISCHEWITZ WINE GOYIM

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Harry Truman. Artillery officer in WW1.
Dwight Eisenhower.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I have been to few places more depressing than Reading, PA. And I used to live in Hamilton, Ontario.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Minuteman/Polaris 2020

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 13, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

In the United States, they are farrrrr left RAPEY JOE STALIN COMMUNIST

In most other western democracies they'd be pretty centrist.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Only way to keep her brothers away from her.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Prop Wash posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/16/magazine/uncounted-civilian-casualties-iraq-airstrikes.html

Scathing (and v. long) assessment of precision airstrikes by the NY Times. Excellent article, even though it basically tears the USAF a new one. It's just that every time they talk about offices in CENTCOM that are supposed to be responsible for these things I imagine empty chairs, unfilled positions and dudes who go their whole deployment without ever looking at the continuity.

I would have more respect for the USAF if they had just come out and said "We don't give a gently caress about civilian deaths". This just makes them look totally retarded.

USAF: WE HAVE NO RECORD OF AN AIR STRIKE OCCURING IN THIS AREA
*Posts a video to youtube of the airstrike occurring on the place in question at the time in question*
USAF: *removes videos from youtube* NOPE LOGS DON'T SHOW IT

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

G*d save the queen
Long may she reign
(mainly because gently caress Charles nobody wants to see that muppet on the throne)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Immanentized posted:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/11/first-known-interstellar-visitor-is-a-bizarre-cigar-shaped-asteroid/

This is neat. Extra-solar dildo dropping by the outer planets. I'm stumped as to how something with that profile and shape could form in microgravity, any physics professionals able to puzzle that out?

Easy.

It's gonna quickly stop it's rotation once it's in proximity to earth and then fire up a fusion torch, orbital bombardment by a space dick.

It's what we deserve.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I don't know why but I'm reminded of that really early episode of TNG where they find the frozen 20th century people with incurable diseases and there's a dude that's like "Excuse me Captain can I have a phone I need to call my stock broker"

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lol I'm paying $115 a month (CDN) for 4.5 GB of data. I was paying that much for 7 last year but I had to get a new phone and they made me switch plans and it was close to $150 to stay at 7gb. I loving hate Rogers so much but Bell is worse so it doesn't really matter what I do, hosed either way

dude I can get you on that public mobile poo poo, same service as Bell/Telus for SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Shuttles after the first few flights didn't have ejection seats either...but if they had, only the commander/pilot had them. Wonder if they would have used them and leave the crew to die.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Don Dongington posted:

So the deputy Prime Minister of Australia and human tomato Barnaby Joyce was recently kicked out of parliament for being a dual citizen, which makes you ineligible to be a sitting member here. He's up for election on the weekend, having renounced his NZ citizenship.

Well last month, there were also a number of rumours kicking around that he may have knocked up a young staffer, and paid for her abortion.

Turns out his wife found out and kicked him out of the house, threw his clothes on the front lawn and then drove over them with his ride on mower. His daughter then stole his campaign ute and drove around the regional town his office is based in yelling at people through a megaphone not to vote for him.

None of the media outlets will touch it, because the government's majority depends on his seat. If he loses, the government falls and they can't win the next election based on polling. But multiple locals are confirming the story on twitter. What a country.

:australia:

This is the most Australian thing I've ever read and it's wonderful. Except for the poor staffer who got knocked up, that sucks.

But the wife and daughter are awesome.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

don't besmirch the fine name of :canada: because you're ashamed of your toddler-in-chief

we elected woke bae ~*Justin*~'s party and his sexy socks and you have to live with what you've done.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

FRIENDSHIP WITH N4I IS ENDED

FREDDY MERCURY IS NEW BEST FRIEND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

What in the gently caress

• Locked thread