Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
as a bubble head I hated dubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lol at rand paul and his broken ribs

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

a good start

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am happy for the political and hollywood sexual predator purge

I kind of want to put a political or hollywood name on it

something like polisexualwood purge

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Terrifying Effigies posted:

A bunch of kids born after 9/11 and raised on Fox News and the Forever War...yeah that's going to suck down the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Social media is a disease. Who knew that pumping kids full of advertisements and targeted articles/ads would turn them towards consumerism.

I've pretty much turned off from TV, facebook, and twitter and it owns. Took a break from the trump thread, feeling even better.

The only time I hit up twitter now is if it is for work. Thankfully my previous gig herding politicians via twitter is over.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

It's not that hard? All you need is a textbook, really.

There are some text books that are just out right bad.

But you could probably just go to any school for tutoring.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

dropping a line in here since this might become a thing

but EA loving over everything for game companies with loot boxes and possible legislation is gonna be so loving good

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wait, what?

Is the gambling argument reddit has been screeching over actually sticking?

The mod video games made a thread for loot box general talk but it is very amazing that japan and china had issues and did some legal work while France, UK, Belgium, Australia, and now some minor US guys are looking into it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

EA doesn't have an army of lobbyists and if they make a stink fighting this right before the release of a new star wars movie that causes the phrase 'disney encourages children to gamble" to enter news paper headlines, the disney CEO will personally castrate everyone at EA responsible for this

this is literally happening right now

battlefront 2 got that, got media attention, disney called EA and EA pulled the ability to buy currency from the game within like 2 hours

now they are weathering the storm and a bunch of countries are going uhhh this is gambling

then EA did some changes to other games to make it less grindy and lol all because of loot boxes

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Also here is a podcast from an attorney about gambling and loot boxes that happened before this

https://headgum.com/robot-congress/robot-congress-52-are-loot-boxes-gambling-ft-marc-whipple

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

What were the other changes?

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/need-for-speed-payback-update-addresses-player-progression-w512315

https://my.mixtape.moe/xoyryw.mp4

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

emergency blow may not always save you if you are deep enough

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

October 2018: Comcast announces new "Bandwidth Boxes" system

The company was widely praised six months ago when it announced all current customers would be switched to a $30 a month internet plan* while the next "big thing" in internet service would be rolled out soon. Now they're doing it again with a brand new Bandwidth Boxes system. Customers can now purchase raffle tickets to upgrade their current package.

"It's a brand new paradigm that will bring value to the customer and the infrastructure" Comcast CEO David Watson was heard to say. "There's really only so much hardware out there to cover the growing needs, and it was overburdened by the old system. This way, the limited number of accounts with more bandwidth and a higher data cap can be distributed fairly by a lottery system. Customers who need more than the completely adequate Starter Blast! package can pay a small fee of $6.99 per ticket to try and get an upgraded account."

Meanwhile, rumors abound of an invite-only "Comcast Platinum Fiber" service open to a small elite. The company denies claims of this, though.

*1 MB/s, 3 GB/mo cap, $10/GB over throttled to 100 KB/s

I want to believe

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

psydude posted:

It's pretty spot on with what I hear conservatives saying. It would be funny if they weren't making their kids completely unemployable by encouraging them to forego any kind of higher education.

From reading the law thread and watching the number of engineers vs number of jobs, good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I can't speak arabic and I am not intel but I can use twitter and suck a mean dick.

• Locked thread