Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if your reading this post nukes, gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

What the gently caress is dubs vs subs?

original language with subtitles vs dubbed over with different voice actors

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

oh my god nerd trap sprung

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/30/john-boehner-says-he-told-sean-hannity-youre-nuts/?utm_term=.296cc0606477

he's running

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

I think that it'll come from multiple places at once, but "collapse-inducing dieoffs in the 45-64 fentanyl junkie age bracket" is going to be one of the early contributors since it'll pinch off a good part of the drug money pumping the RE markets in nearly every west coast urban area from San Diego to Vancouver. When the drug money stops, the launderers end up falling below the critical mass needed to also wash the inflows directly from China (ever since the Tianjin fire they haven't had much luck maintaining the car broker industry) so they stop serving as EB-5 chaperones and homebuyer tour bus operators (yeah sure they just happen to stop in Irvine for 3 days on their way to Disney, no real reason) which means there isn't ground cover for the LA fashion district launderers to stash THEIR drug money and the shady Richmond freight operators disappear overnight because their sugar daddies go into hiding, and then the Armenians lose their biggest secret partners which means the consumer credit market flatlines overnight because instead of defaulting 3 years from now the Armenians all start bouncing checks right away, which means they have no money to pay the inland meth gangs the protection money for their trucks and then you see collapses of home prices in places like Modesto and Turlock.

can you repeat this, but english

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what did it say

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/HouseInSession/status/926191150259585024

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

McNally posted:

Maybe a staffer was trying to save the country and briefly suspended the account, only to be tackled to the floor and the account was reactivated?

twitter can't afford to make any enemies with Republicans by banning Trump after the whole selling political ads to russia thing.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

McNally posted:

I thought that was Facebook. Did they both do it?

yeah

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/polit...rip0734PMVODtop

lmao

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I don't know what yall were expecting. Bergdahl is an easy target for discontent hatred for the forever war. Getting killed while pointlessly walking around the desert due to an idiot is a pretty good analogy for the entire war

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

:piss:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

Berghdal will be just fine, he can make a shitload selling a book, guest speaking, doing interviews, etc. for the next 3 months until the national attention span snaps. As long as he puts the money away. And he can come out of storage as an MSNBC commentator during the next forever war.

if he went on fox news an hour each month and let people just hate on him he'd make a million dollars a year

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

she's not in charge of anything is she

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

stein/brazile 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

we've figured out how to solve the surplus of phds at least

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

this saudi poo poo reads like something from game of thrones.

I think they're gonna get beheaded because I don't see this playing out with them living after this type of power move.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

we need another war so we can get more marine posters

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

does trump not sell bumper stickers or are people not putting them on their cars because I haven't actually seen any actual red hats in the flesh in months. I mean I've met trump supporters but no one wearing any visible signs of it.

cowboy elvis posted:

New York Times just dropped a huge story finding a significant Russia connection to current Trump administration.

Commerce Secretary’s Offshore Ties to Putin ‘Cronies’
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/world/wilbur-ross-russia.htmlhttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/world/wilbur-ross-russia.html

page not found

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

as someone else pointed out becasuse trump isn't screeching too loudly he was prob white

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

shut up jerry

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://fortune.com/2017/11/06/trump-jr-russia-lawyer-deal-clinton/

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Waroduce posted:

How legit is this

no clue. my gut feeling is the lawyer would show up and testify that there was in fact no collusion or something. either that or they're being incredibly overt trying to get trump to do something for them

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

smash

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

state

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) is currently on trial for corruption, the case is currently at the jury. Democrats want him to step down, if convicted, but only after a new, likely Democrat governor wins today. The governor appoints the replacement senator in the NJ system. So what is the jury currently discussing in deliberations right now?

https://twitter.com/AdamWollner/status/928020002552336384

Things are going well.

jaden smith is old enough for jury duty i guess

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

:cripes:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

And drat, North Korea must be terrified by America's propaganda video technology. Those slow motion shots of the Orange Leader walking past rows of soldiers! :ohdear:

"drat he's good"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

Religious police in a desert community... 🤔

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

a lot of stuff changes over 8 years. I mean we've come a long loving way since the civil war which wasn't that long ago.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I think the biggest hurdle in american politics is the first openly atheist president.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

someone buy trump an SA account

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its gonna be funny when trump doubles down on his endorsement, forcing the hand of other senators lol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Whoever democrats run, they need a good VP to go with it because god drat I don't even remember who hillary's VP was. Hillary needed someone like Biden or Franken that could be her attack dog, not a limp dick nice guy.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what democrats really need is someone like Biden to get out of being an actual politician and be a talking head that 'tells it like it is' in regards to actual loving nazis. Hillary wasn't factually wrong with her deplorable statement, she just didn't have anyone that could say it.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Rather, she didn't have anyone who could say it without sounding high and mighty. I mean, all you really needed to say was "these guys are nazi sympathizers and confederate losers, gently caress 'em" without sounding like an elitist about it. Biden could likely pull that off, Clinton not so much.

exactly. So could Franken. Hell jon stewart is retired hire him to help with campaigns.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Best Friends posted:

Her supporters especially seem to have forgotten him, judging by how many #ImWithHer #Resistance types post about how supporting pro-choice candidates is non-negotiable. Except for putting them one heartbeat from the presidency I guess?

He was one of the most dispiriting signs of the Clinton campaign, because it's obvious she chose him for being someone who would not challenge her, and for her sympathy with the right edge of the party. She would have been a terrible president. Not as epically bad as Trump of course.

She would have been a terrible figure head. Can you imagine hillary trying to ban guns after this Texas shooting? She would have been asked point blank if we should ban all guns, she would have said yes, and then republicans sweep 2020.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Whoever runs in 2020 needs to do three things. First is to have an actual plan for something they plan to accomplish that is going to have tangible benefits to our society and be able to explain what they plan to do, how they plan to do it, and how it benefits everyone. If you can't explain to voters why universal health care is important and how BLUE COLLAR WORKERS not having to retire at 40 because their knees go out and they don't have health care then you should be taken out back and shot in the head.

Second, they need people that can passionately and articulately defend their positions and attack the awful positions of the GOP. Get more spokespeople for fucks sake. Get people on TV to talk about civic responsibilities, get a pastor that isn't crazy to point out how wanting people to die of preventable diseases because they're poor is in fact not christian. Let Biden, Franken etc off the chain before Trump gets reelected, not after.

Third, don't get bogged down in the GOP's culture war. "we have old people dying of preventable diseases and young people ODing before they can ever contribute to the work force, and you want to talk about where transgender people poo poo? Listen, I don't like to sit by anyone when I use the bathroom and prefer to go at home. I'm running for president because I want to accomplish X, not because I want to dictate where people pee and poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

KildarX posted:

First Nazis and Clansmen, now kid diddlers. GOP will certainly be a big tent party.

its really loving insane and something is going to give eventually. We're one prominent Republican starting a new political party away from a republican implosion.

• Locked thread