Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Totally waiting for the bubble to pop in Colorado....

Gonna be a while.
It might not be a bubble, just a legitimate spike in demand by people who want to move to a liberal state where you can smoke weed. There's a running joke in my area that anyone who announces they're moving is always moving to Colorado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Vasudus posted:

I think the only fast food baron that wasn't a horrible piece of poo poo is Dave Thomas.

And if history is anything to go by, he probably had a whole rape dungeon anyway.
https://twitter.com/carolynryan/status/832092502312239104
:unsmith:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Godwin already formally suspended Godwin's Law for the duration of the crisis.
https://twitter.com/sfmnemonic/status/896884949634232320
It's his pinned tweet.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Do you think that since Trump doesn't fly commercial ever he doesn't know that planes can have wifi?
Air Force One has wifi. Whether anyone has told Trump that is unknown.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

He just double-pasted the link in haste. Working link.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

In patient mental institutions vary from "high security lockdown" to "we don't lock the doors", so I would wait for more details on that.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how long has it been since we had a president that personally killed someone
George H.W. Bush bombed some people in WW2.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Immanentized posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/12/the-making-of-an-american-nazi/544119/

Decent long-form article on Andrew Anglin- one of the top Alt-Right organizers and ringleaders from the Daily Stormer. A lot of these guys seem like they came from the exact same background and social upbringing. The really interesting deep-dive happens about a third of the way into the article where it talks about these guys radicalizing through conspiracy theories.
Every line of this is quotable.

quote:

A declared atheist, he styled his reddish hair in dreadlocks and favored jeans with 50-inch leg openings. He often wore a hoodie with a large gently caress racism patch on the back.

quote:

Alison (who asked that her last name be withheld from this article) told me that during Anglin’s sophomore year, she called him, distraught: She said she’d passed out at a party and been raped by a friend’s older brother. She needed compassion and support, but Anglin just laughed and broke up with her.

“You’re a slut,” she remembers him saying.

quote:

In Davao, however, Anglin hit on every pretty young Filipina he saw and had success with many of them, sometimes taking advantage of their hope that an American husband could be an exit from poverty. Most of these girls were 18 or 19 years old, but Edward says some were younger. He remembers Anglin once picking up a 14-year-old in a bar and bringing her back to the Sampaguita to spend the night.

quote:

Perhaps in response, Anglin grew even more maniacal. He went on a popular alt-right podcast and rambled to the baffled hosts about the “electric universe” and “deconstructing reality” and assured them that “as soon as we finally do exterminate these Jews, we’re going to be fighting aliens.”

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

orange juche posted:

I can't see imgur links at work but I'm going to assume it's some snarky bullshit. No I'm saying "wait what?" because why in the gently caress would you legalize importing elephant trophies into the US? You're just going to have a poo poo ton of poachers bringing in "legitimately harvested" ivory, etc.

Oh wait, Trump administration, gotcha.
It's a photo of Donald Trump Jr. holding the severed tail of an elephant he killed.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

psydude posted:

Real talk: outside of the most indoctrinated college Republicans and Telecom executives, does anyone actually know anyone who supports the roll back of net neutrality regulations?
My T-Mobile plan doesn't count data from YouTube, Netflix, Spotify, and a number of other content providers against my monthly data. This is exactly what net neutrality advocates wants to stop. Net neutrality would immediately make my cell phone plan worse to prevent some hypothetical future evil.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

my kinda ape posted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/net-neutrality-portugal-how-american-internet-could-look-fcc-2017-11

If you think the telecom companies won't spray diarrhea directly into our mouths at every possible opportunity when allowed the chance then you've been living under a rock.
Twitter commentators said those packages aren't to be allowed to use the products, they're for unlimited use and it not counting against your data limit. So for five euros you get unlimited video, for five euros you get unlimited talk and text, etc.

So if you think that's why net neutrality is bad, you're saying my cell plan should be made worse in the name of ideological purity.

M_Gargantua posted:

Net neutrality wouldn't prevent them from offering discounts to your plan for choosing content providers that they're affiliated with. That's a common misconception. If T-mobile chose to revoke the special status for Netflix then that's their choice and free hand of the market etc

Net neutrality prevents them from artificially limiting your access to HBO now or CBS all access. Hulu and Amazon. You right now still have full unobstructed connectivity to them since you pay for a dumb pipe of data.

Net neutrality prevents them from disallowing non-affiliated content.
Your proposed corporate dystopia is Charter tries to upcharge me for my Netflix subscription or degrades the quality. Net neutrality is the dumbest nerd poo poo imaginable and I wish you guys would direct your energy to sort like something that actually affects people's loving lives.

bird food bathtub posted:

Living up to your av pic here if you're willing to believe corporate/GOP propaganda (though I repeat myself) that the poor, downtrodden megacorporations really just have your best interests in mind and those mean old regulations are stopping them.
The real retard is the guy who thinks net neutrality is about Big Evil Corporations vs little scrappy guys. Net neutrality is a fight between two groups of mega corps neither of which love you.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Got a phone alert that vanished before I could read it all and for some reason it hasn't popped up in my news but apparently navy lost an aircraft with 11 on board.
http://www.c7f.navy.mil/Media/News/Display/Article/1379141/eight-personnel-recovered-from-c2-a-aircraft-crash-in-philippine-sea/

They saved eight and are still searching for the other three. Maybe no one died :unsmith:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

KildarX posted:

I never got a trophy and now I hear about all these people with trophies.
I took a year of Judo in college. At the end of the second semester our professor (an ancient Asian man with black belts in three martial arts) informed us of a tournament a hundred miles away. Five of us signed up and five of us got our asses loving beat. I went 0-7 on the day and I don't think anyone else did any better. The punchline is not very many people showed up and they weren't evenly distributed across the weight classes, so between five of us we took home like a half-dozen trophies. I got a second place trophy in the grappling division because there was only one other guy in my weight class.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

are there any good online universities out of curiosity
As long as you stick to a normal college that also offers online degrees you're good. Thomas Edison State College is a good bet.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

Wait who was the other one?
Charlie Rose, CBS host of This Morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

that in mind i thought about who’s been the top of the top millionaire stars in the past-say-decade

-tom cruise
-the rock
- johnny depp
-nick cage

thats as far as i can think at the moment
box office mojo lets you browse top-grossing actors/actresses.

I can definitely see Samuel L. Jackson having some dumb poo poo from his crack days come back to haunt him.

• Locked thread