Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'll take President Pence over President Trump any day.

If Trump goes down, Pence goes down. Almost every scenario with Trump getting kicked out results in Paul Ryan becoming president.

Ryan would also be a lame duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
GOP tax plan came out.

Outlook is.... negative in some industries.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

In high price markets it does. As ridiculous as it sounds, a $700k house in some areas IS middle class.

I know a couple in Seattle who bought their 900 square foot house for $160k back in 2004, it's worth close to a half-million now. This is a big "gently caress you!" to coastal states and I don't think the GOP shitheads from those states are going to go along with it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

More lights = less crime

He could literally have just stopped there and been correct but he had to rope sexual assault into it for some dumb loving reason.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/RoseAnnDeMoro/status/926113763538780160

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Bergdahl just got sentenced. Dishonorable with a bustdown to private, no jail time.

https://twitter.com/AlexHortonTX/status/926473187013136384

This is incredibly reasonable and I'm kinda surprised.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure that that motherfucker just wants to go home and never talk about Afghanistan or the Army ever again.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

Does this follow from Poes law or invoke Godwins Law?

Godwin already formally suspended Godwin's Law for the duration of the crisis.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ded posted:

I wonder what would happen if the DPRK tried to lob a nuke at whatever city Trump was in while he is ~in asia~

I would die of laughter and terror in equal measure.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

"Rat on your boss and you'll save both yourself and your idiot son" would be extremely hard to turn down.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Prop Wash posted:

Slate's at the bottom of the dumpster these days too. I don't know what happened, it used to be a fairly decent website to read.

Trump broke a lot of brains, and not always in the good way.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk whats to stop a nork from doming trump across the dmz if he went there

We're none of us that lucky.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/928325667556548608

Just so y’all don’t forget the really important election was last year :smugdog:

Very not mad about getting shellacked last night.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
An Iranian separatist leader was just assassinated two blocks from my friend's hotel in The Hague.

https://nltimes.nl/2017/11/09/iranian-separatist-leader-killed-hague-reports

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Alabama will elect a child rapist before they elect a democrat.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
If we don't hear, "Well, she probably led him on a little" from some hickadoo down Roll Tide(!) Way before the day is out I'll be shocked.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dylan roof sentenced to death

Wasn't he already?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Slim Pickens posted:

Probably won't mean poo poo until a couple more people come forward, but there's a good chance that'll happen with the way the pedophile dominoes keep falling these days.

Four women are quoted in the article. I assume there are more because there always are.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KildarX posted:

For arguments sake, lets say that these are just baseless allegations run by the LIBERALS to take down a perfectly innocent man.

Wouldn't Wapo have just handed them a pretty easy case for Slander and be sued back to the stone age? I mean if that's the case shouldn't that guy just go "This is inaccurate I'll sue you!"

If WaPo published this without a million sources to back it up then Moore could own the paper by this time next year.

However, since they have 30 sources Moore is hosed.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
NSA Wizard, C/D?

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/928669662480564226

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

I assume the age of consent at the time in Alabama was 14 if you were married or something?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Best Friends posted:

Her supporters especially seem to have forgotten him, judging by how many #ImWithHer #Resistance types post about how supporting pro-choice candidates is non-negotiable. Except for putting them one heartbeat from the presidency I guess?

He was one of the most dispiriting signs of the Clinton campaign, because it's obvious she chose him for being someone who would not challenge her, and for her sympathy with the right edge of the party. She would have been a terrible president. Not as epically bad as Trump of course.

Tim Kaine getting the VP pick was some hard-core beltway politicking. It was Hillary to the core. The assumption was that with a Clinton victory Kaine's seat in the Senate would be open. VA governor (and longtime Clinton ally) Terry McAuliffe would appoint himself to the seat, giving Clinton a close ally in the Senate and then Ralph Northam would become governor and have the advantage of incumbency and close Washington allies going into 2017.

Kaine's also super-popular in VA and probably secured the state for Clinton in 2016, for all the good it did us.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MA-Horus posted:

Harry Truman. Artillery officer in WW1.
Dwight Eisenhower.

GHWB was a fighter pilot, so probably him.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

Democrats ran a boring centrist white male for the governor of Virginia and he won the largest number of votes in history and tied for the highest margin in modern times. The candidates that got elected to the house ranged from ultra-liberal to center-left. The reality of the electorate and their core concerns (Trump and healthcare) don't support your argument, and the results outright contradict it.

Maybe nationally Democrats could benefit from a liberal firebrand, but on a local and district level, they need candidates that can play to the constituency. These races matter far more to retaining control of the government than whoever is in the whitehouse. See: Obama.

Northam isn't a radical lefty, but let's not pretend that his victory wasn't powered by a major backlash against Trump and Trump-y candidates.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What a wonderful normal world we live in.

The president still can't spell for poo poo and is bitching about haters like a teenager. I can't even process the Kim Jong Un tweet.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/929511061954297857

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/929503641014112256

Gives people something to talk about besides the fact that realizing that everyone was pissed at him for cancelling the TPP and getting owned by China were the only things that he accomplished on this trip.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Really though, that's just sports team bullshit.

Dammit the quarterback is a kiddie diddler, but he's OUR kiddie diddler.

I would say that I know some Steelers fans who are decent people but I can't think of a single example.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Popeye's > Bojangles

Every time I go back to Illinois, I'm amazed Taco John's is still open. It's the blandest drat food outside of a gas station. But there's a lot of white people in rural Illinois and anything too spicy will melt their stomach linings. Anything more than the sacred three (salt, pepper, butter) is practically a sin.

I'm dying for some White Castle but the closest is St Louis. :smith:

Holy poo poo! You have Taco John's down there? I thought that was a MN only franchise.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Taco John's story: I got super-high and ate 6 tacos there once.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The only person who actually went through with the "waterboarding challenge" was Christopher Hitchens and he wrote an article afterwards that was literally called "OK It's Torture".

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

We are now in the Gloria Allred phase with a bonus new underage accuser.

https://twitter.com/lucia_graves/status/930095255810138113

Edit: lol the Menendez trial is going to be declared a mistrial because of that mouthy dismissed juror https://twitter.com/MichaelAronNJTV/status/930095259605876736

lol Menendez is so dirty that he makes regular New Jersey look clean.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

They're very affordable if you tax businesses and the wealthy.

Taxing businesses and the wealthy as much as i'd like would even pay for all that and leave money left over.

Guillotines have yet higher return on investment

Proscription followed by seizure of wealth paid for a lot of cool poo poo in the Roman Empire.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

I was originally really, really mad, now I'm not. Good work!

Edit: apparently we were very, very close to another mass school shooting. https://twitter.com/AP/status/930596578368335872

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/930602167198773249

gently caress me. Good job, guys.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Spacman posted:

Mate, I was clearly insane and that dastardly manipulator Hess ran it all, too bad you killed him.

Reasonable Doubt!

E: To clarify, Hitler was a bit of a oval office, and that whole thing from Little Nicky involving him being in hell having a pinapple shoved up his arse daily while wearing a maid outfit is good.

I think you mean Himmler. But that's a great story.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

An hour or two before shutting down Battlefront 2 microtransactions, EA got a reportedly unpleasant phone call from Bob Iger.

"If you gently caress up my movie premier I will cut your throat with a butter knife and drink your blood in front of your wife and kids I swear to God!"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

Every single day I thank my lucky stars that I'm:

white
male
veteran
combat disabled but still functional
graduate-educated
white collar

Because gently caress me, things are bad for literally anyone that isn't all of those things and it's getting worse.

Run for office

Not joking.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

Man, that "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a)" clause is going to get a hell of a workout.

Special Investigators/Councils/Prosecutors generally go wherever they want and investigate whatever they please. Remember that Ken Starr got started investigating Vince Foster and Whitewater and ended up writing a lurid report about Bill Clinton getting his dick sucked in the Oval Office.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

Eagles / Vikings NFC championship, Eagles lose in OT after Akers chokes on a 20-yard field goal.*

Vikings / Patriots Super Bowl, Brady is taken out in Q1 with a broken shoulder, Vikings win 28 - 24.

Minneapolis riots, US Bank field is torched, Al Franken is killed by a drunken mob.

Special election is held, Michelle Bachmann runs and wins.

Pence is dropped from the ticket in 2020, Bachmann is new running mate.

Trump wins in 2020 (because of course he does), chokes to death on a KFC Double Down, Bachmann is sworn in as POTUS.

Sarah Palin is picked as SecDef. Paul Ryan is new Vice President.

Bachmann launches preemptive conventional strike on North Korea, restarts Korean War

China invades North Korea and crosses the 38th, Seoul becomes Chinese real estate.

Russia uses the chaos to cross the Bering Strait, 'liberates' Alaska.

Palin shoots Ryan and Bachmann, seizes power as POTUS, launch first-strike against Russia, Russia retaliates, world ends.

*Probably the most realistic part of this

Vikings winning the Superbowl is in no way realistic.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

lets start a loving riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

Real talk: outside of the most indoctrinated college Republicans and Telecom executives, does anyone actually know anyone who supports the roll back of net neutrality regulations?

The bitter GOP base.

• Locked thread