Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

shame on an IGA posted:

Current Mood: Absolutely devastated because I can't find Deathy McDeath's loving incredible secret santa gift

Now that you got me thinking about it, I realize that I can't find Teflon Don's loving incredible secret santa gift.

shiiiiiiiiiit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Zeris posted:

Society pushes young men to bump stock from hotels, but the media coverage dissipates in days to promote "Vegas Strong" on their airplanes because it's less obscene!

:golfclap:

I appreciate this.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wanna save this picture for when the purges start like that one Stalin pic.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Spacman posted:

Im not trying to be a oval office and all, but I'm going to be...

You guys have gone full circle and turned into the Empire from Star Wars, right?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Peetown Manning posted:

Serious question.....why do generals tend to make press conferences in fatigues? I guess I'm just imagining Schwarzkopf kind of poo poo. I mean did Nazis tarnish flashy uniforms so bad that they have to put the brass in camo to lessen the authority of it or something? Like everybody knows those are the cleanest fatigues on the planet.

I feel a thesis on mass media and military bubbling up here but maybe thats just the mary.

Nobody likes wearing their dress uniforms, save the most institutionalized of senior NCOs. We only wear them when absolutely necessary, with the explicit or implicit threat of punishment for failure to do so.

If I had enough rank to wear fatigues to a press conference, I sure as hell would. Comfortable cargo pants+loose shirt vs. starched suit? Not a hard decision.

e: and the US Army and Air Force have been vying for the coveted "ugliest dress uniform" award for the last few years, so there's an element of shame in wearing the dress uniform, as well.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

My thoughts: Oh, cool, the ASUs aren't going away, but now there's a whole new dress-ish uniform we all have to buy and taxpayers get to fund just so we can have business casual-esque uniforms with a healthy dose of nostalgia, I guess. Also, if they're not making it as formal as the ASU supposedly, why are we still wearing maximum bling?

Business casual is a polo shirt and slacks. That is decidedly not business casual.

Looks better than any other dress uniform developed in the last 50 years, though, so I'll cut it slack.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

KildarX posted:

Are Fish and Wild Life just LEOs with special training in enviromental law and wood craft?

Bird law, duh.

State level Forest Ranger training looks to be absolutely brutal. In New York, one aspect of training involves fighting off attackers while being choked out underwater. Other elements of water training include being thrown into a pool with your hands tied behind your back, and then having to free yourself underwater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJG66CoOLwc

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Zimbabwe's President Mugabe looking more and more to be on his last legs politically.

Still under house arrest, and the people are jubilant.

That's a dope sign btw.

BBC: Zimbabwe crowds rejoice as they demand end to Mugabe rule

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Argentina is missing a submarine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42030560

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like a soldier drove drunk, killed an Okinawan, and now everyone is confined to the bases.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/19/asia/okinawa-american-drunk-driver/index.html

lol if you don't automatically assume it was a Marine.

Dude tested at three times the limit for drunk driving.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I always knew my crippling introversion would pay off sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

That midline though
:laffo:

Daily Mail posted:

The UK has also offered the use of Mount Pleasant Airfield, but no country has yet taken up the offer.
Britain put the fear in them once already, they won't need to do it again.

• Locked thread