Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
She emerged from DJT's dick so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah well he's conveniently omitting the rest of the satanic pantheon, like the polite satan, the sweaty handshake satan, the overly negative satan, the homophobic satan, and the satan who spends a really long time in the bathroom.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

at the date posted:

I'll wait for the summary. The melodramatic "I gasped" retelling of a loving phone call is what did it for me. Don't Politico and Hachette employ editors?

Are you aware that mainstream media is so retarded that it will do things like report that the biggest takeaway from allegations of sexual assault of a minor against Kevin Spacey is that he's gay?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Berghdal will be just fine, he can make a shitload selling a book, guest speaking, doing interviews, etc. for the next 3 months until the national attention span snaps. As long as he puts the money away. And he can come out of storage as an MSNBC commentator during the next forever war.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Doc Hawkins posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/927312251656265728?s=09

If so, it's clearly proof we can't safely let Bergdhal go free.

PROOF WE MUST END THE DEPLORABLE PRACTICE OF DISHONORABLY DISCHARGING AMERICAS HEROES

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

mlmp08 posted:

Guys, I know the USAF bungled the paperwork to log the most recent mass shooter as a DV perp, but check out this sick-nasty airplane commemoration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OHtAPTVPkE

Society pushes young men to bump stock from hotels, but the media coverage dissipates in days to promote "Vegas Strong" on their airplanes because it's less obscene!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Melania's outfit at 0:45 is...I don't really have the right word for this, but it's something.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/928279728125108225

New blade runner sucks

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, uh, :lol: if you judge opinion pieces as anything. They're not news and have never been presented as anything but opinion pieces.

WaPo and NYT are top tier outlets. Mostly because every other outlet has gone bankrupt over the years, but still.

Outside of politically charged stuff, NYTimes is a straight shooting rag, but they absolutely toe the party line for whoever is in power. They are the neoliberal equivalent of a media organization; they give the appearance of due diligence while conveniently ignoring plenty of poo poo. The current CEO was in charge of the BBC when all of the Jimmy Savile pedo stuff was going on (he left before it finally broke to the public).

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm not talking about winning, he would win 100%. His actual governance wouldn't be that good and would cause even more damage to the democratic brand.

edit: Joe should campaign and win the election and then immediately abdicate for his more progressive and younger VP. It seems like you need to be different people to win and to actually govern

I’m a little wary of any candidate who, having once been denied the chance to run, comes back when it’s their “turn” and victory is all but assured.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Democrats are fighting the move to the left tooth and nail, there isn't some "more leftist than thou" D&D competition going on

Yeah. Democrats realized that they like money.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Your Battle Buddy posted:

zeris/shim if get my chickenshoes account back can you get me my platinum at least and maybe an av tia

What happened? PM me

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/sarahkaplan48/status/931194602828324864

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

how do undercover cops not have like a codeword

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_of_the_day_(police)

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

You retards condemning Franken's accuser should really listen to yourselves. It doesn't matter what circumstances make her story suspect -- the reason we are just now, in 2017, taking seriously the extent of harassment and sexual assault faced by women is because of this dynamic right here. Every story has an element than can be twisted to fit another agenda, e.g. to cast doubt. When the first woman who speaks out is instantly discredited, other women (if they exist) are not going to make the same mistake. Don't let the accuser's decision be a mistake. If she's full of poo poo, that will come out in the investigation. In the mean time, consider that other victims may exist, and are watching and debating what to do.

If it's all a farce, Franken will be fine.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

bengy81 posted:

Is it sexist to comment on her mustache? Just don't want to eat a ban you know...

This is a fine line and anyone who looks like a dope and shills for trump deserves to be made fun of for both. My challenge to you all is to find something non-sexualized if you feel compelled to mock her appearance. Like, perhaps she’s horrible for reasons besides the fact you wouldn’t gently caress her (we know you’re lying anyway). Or whatever, she’s a gross girl and probably has bad farts.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

If there's ever been a motivation for me to make more money, it's living in a republican administration.

That is some Catch-22 level of irony right there

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

yep

i gotta make enough to get some of them sweet sweet tax breaks that are actually good money

I just watched The Florida Project so my mind is laser-locked on the hosed up ways our government already keeps poor people down and tries to throw anyone on the ledge into the pit. Seems like we are doubling down on it.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Every single day I thank my lucky stars that I'm:

white
male
veteran
combat disabled but still functional
graduate-educated
white collar

Because gently caressme, things are bad for literally anyone that isn't all of those things

and

it's

getting

worse.

ftfy

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

This is an experience every white dude should go through if only to be offered a behind the curtain peek at who in their life was a racist rear end in a top hat this whole time and you never noticed. Who needs friends anyways.

Does this still count when a white guy dates an asian woman?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

are you ok because you aren't really tracking here

SA was actually selected to be archived in the library of Congress.

https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0009701/

It didn't have anything to do with the FBI or SS13 as I know.

lol they stopped archiving in 2016. I guess that can be our official expiration daye.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

trump specifically tailors his suits to not look like a colossal loving blob

much like chris crispie has his belt halfway up his chest

unfortunately, the tailoring sciences have yet to develop commercially viable materials that warp the fabric of spacetime to hide the ugly truth

Looking forward to the vantablack muumuu trend right around when real life hunger games kicks off

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

This is a very good article on gun control:

I Had Never Touched a Gun Before the Las Vegas Massacre. Then I Bought One.

A liberal snowflake gets to know gun culture from the inside.

by Sean Nelson

quote:

Right on Target was taught by two NRA-certified US Marines, who conveyed a breathtakingly comprehensive knowledge of firearms—their history, their variety, their mechanical operation, and the laws that govern them. I was particularly struck by Brett Bass, a tall, affable guy who communicated his command of the subject matter with the wit and warmth of a born teacher.

Later, after the class, I asked if he'd be willing to talk to me for this story. I learned more in our four-hour conversation over pancakes and coffee than I have from any number of impassioned pro- and anti-gun editorials. Internet shouting is no match for face-to-face communication, particularly with someone who knows more than you do. Thinking of guns strictly as an us-and-them, pro-or-con binary is a recipe for stalemate. Bass's friendly eloquence in and out of class provided an essential reminder that you can't deal with this issue without getting real about its moral, legal, ethical, and human dimensions, and without being prepared to surrender your assumptions about the people who disagree with you.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Waroduce posted:

I have a gay black friend who is so loving staunchly republican that he works for the loving Coke brothers. He's like a state level manager of some type. He does like get out the vote poo poo and networks professionally. He's a really good friend from like freshman year of college, but we keep our political discussions firmly in the policy sphere and typically don't talk about domestic or civic issues because holy poo poo his existence is a contradiction and I don't understand how he lives.

Maybe he does it because he wants to and you should ask him rather than assuming his beliefs are "wrong". He might just be nuts, but if you form conclusions without asking, you're being a slightly racist dick.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

What if they really do kill net neutrality and then we all realize the internet is loving garbage and people stop paying for packages except for online billing/utilities/banking and netflix, and in the future you have to use a library in order to research any of the stupid retarded poo poo we spent the years 1997 - 2017 inventing and nearly destroying the world with?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

I had an interesting argument with my MAGA uncle over the holiday about how he thinks my job doesn't need a degree, since I'm not a doctor, engineer, or a 'real' scientist. He's got a GED, worked in a print shop for 35 years, and now runs the front desk for a government agency's main building as a contractor. I tried not to laugh.

He might be right to say that when he was in industry, working your way up through OJT was possible.

Capitalism has evolved to the point that companies are way more successful feeding their ranks with pre-trained candidates who have been vetted by graduating university and not burning any bridges within their network, versus hiring truly entry-level and facing the risk of candidates leaving. Outside of STEM positions & education, getting a BA is basically an ante that proves you're personally invested and ostensibly competent.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

That Works posted:

Its hilarious that the guy decrying colleges in the story got a bachelors and an MBA on a government funded paycheck.

Edit: I teach at a middling size state university and lmao at people who think this is some kind of liberal indoctrination camp.

Especially an online, for-profit MBA, which literally imparts the same skillset one could self-teach through about fifteen different free platforms and sites.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

lightpole posted:

I worked construction for my dad from when I was 12 through high school. College was an easy choice as it quadrupled my pay and created new opportunities as well.

This college problem might be solved easily if accreditation were only given to schools that required a year of blue collar work / manual labor before admissions. I guess it also might reinforce class misperceptions and stereotypes over the long run, but uh, we're kinda already there.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Arabic linguists and/or prior intel who are familiar with twitter and want to make close to 6 figures (more when you factor full health/dental/vision, stock, signing bonus) and live in NYC, Seattle, Dublin or London, and want to start immediately...PM me.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

It's a private company, clearances are not required (nor necessarily desirable), and they only use open source stuff.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

killmeimmafailure posted:

Holy gently caress the USA is so loving stupid. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress ducks, gently caress goats you pagan fucktards bitches. Death to America great Satan gently caress me. Mil trash, where do you keep your loose women?

BAN ME or gently caress me

One of you sick fucks talked about a women’s rear end in a top hat you could fall into. Can I get her number?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bye idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I will admit as a cat person that cats are loving retarded.

• Locked thread