Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Today, the CIA publically released nearly a half-million files recovered from Bin Laden’s hard drive. That includes Al-Qaeda correspondence, video files, propaganda, draft materials, and Bin Laden’s personal journal. It also includes loads of copyrighted materials, including films ranging from Antz to Resident Evil, loads of videogames, and a substantial collection of anime. Even Final Fantasy VII makes an appearence, with evidence of sequel movie Advent Children having been watched.

It seems Bin Laden - or whoever else used his computer - was a connoisseur of emulated DS titles, judging by the ".sav" entries populating his file index. Those naturally include standbys like New Super Mario Bros and Animal Crossing: Wild World. His tastes also ran alongside the otaku, with plenty of Naruto, Bleach, and Dragon Ball games in the list, on top of the complete Devil May Cry anime series.

Not everything originated from Japan, though. There are also PC games like casual ball-shooting puzzler Zuma, as well as a torrent for plastic soldier RTS Army Men 2. It probably shouldn’t come as a surprise that Bin Laden was gathering his games illegally, but here’s your confirmation: terrorists are sometimes also software pirates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/the-west-wing-trump-is-apoplectic-as-allies-fear-impeachment

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

comeys new book cover

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

works for me

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

2 oscars dont win themselves y’know

gently caress that guy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

fuckin a what a story to be able to tell

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

he made america great again

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

Dude didn't have internet.

hed type up comments on a usb drive for others to post for him

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hyde from that 70’s show likes scientology and rape

http://uproxx.com/tv/danny-masterson-sexual-assault-case/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

idk what life is like depending on chain pizza instead of having 5 places within 2 miles that make homemade pizza but it sounds like poo poo to me

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

It turns out that Keith Schiller — who is set to be grilled by the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday about a 2013 trip to Moscow and the 35-page dossier (yes, the one about the alleged “golden showers”) as part of the ongoing investigation into collusion with Russia during the 2016 presidential campaign — would go to Mickey D’s at Trump’s behest when White House chefs fell short.

“When the White House kitchen staff couldn’t match the satisfaction of a quarter-pounder with cheese (no pickles, extra ketchup) and a fried apple pie, it was Schiller, bodyguard and Trump whisperer, who would head down New York Avenue to McDonald’s on a stealth fast food run,” Politico wrote in their recent profile of Schiller.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im sure they did it for Bill Clinton

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERES MY TOY!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

on his asia trip trump is gonna negotiate with China to get the two transformers mcdonalds toys thats hes missing from his collection in exchange for nuclear secrets

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah he was a mcd’s fiend, now hes vegan

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im very happy i was out of iraq before the surge, because it seemed like everyone was getting waivers when i enlisted in 2002

i didn’t know what else there was to waive at that point

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk whats to stop a nork from doming trump across the dmz if he went there

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I didn't get a waiver, but was about 30 pounds overweight when I joined in '02. My brother had to get a waiver to join in '03, because he's as sharp as a bowling ball (asvab waiver).

I had guys roll into my units that had falsified HS records, unreported misdemeanors, and all varieties of shady poo poo from '04 until I got out in '06. gently caress. That. Noise.

height, past medical/legal history, and asvab waivers were all the rage when i went for my initial physical

i went through basic with a 4’8” girl. she had a size 1 boot.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

looks like someone just gave her a jacket bc she’s cold

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hells yes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

She had a pretty nasty dunk on Marshall too after the race was called.

gd

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

last time the house of delegates switched a shitload of seats in va was 1975, when 5 seats switched democrat

a 35 seat majority was wiped out yesterday

jesus goddamn christ, now is a good time to stockpile ammo to sell to idiots in a couple years

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also pro-level biden move

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

When will we get our first Shrek president?
after they drain the swamp

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

jfc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dylan roof sentenced to death

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey now i dont feel bad about never watching louie

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Enrollment rates in Obamacare plans were sharply higher in the first days of this open enrollment compared with last year.
This sign-up season is the first full one under the Trump administration, which opposes Obamacare.
Advocates for Obamacare fear that cuts to outreach efforts and other Trump actions will depress overall enrollment this year.
The rate of enrollment in Obamacare health insurance plans was sharply higher in the first week of sign-ups compared with last year, official data released Thursday show.
The data confirm earlier reports that there was a big upsurge in consumer demand for individual insurance plans on the first day of open enrollment, Nov. 1, the first season under the Obamacare-opposing Trump administration.
The number released Thursday suggests that consumer demand for Obamacare plans almost doubled over last year in the first days of enrollment. But it remains to be seen if that pace will continue.
A total of 601,462 people in the first four days of open enrollment selected a plan on HealthCare.gov, the federal Obamacare exchange that serves much of the United States, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
A total of 464,140 customers renewed coverage, and 137,322 new consumers selected a plan on HealthCare.gov.
CMS did not release data for the first four days of open enrollment for last season for comparison with the new data.
However, a CMS release in November 2016 said that in the first two weeks of open enrollment for that month there were 1,008,218 plan selections on HealthCare.gov.
Those two weeks encompassed just 12 days of actual enrollment, given the way CMS measures sign-up periods.
That means that each four-day period last year in the first weeks of open enrollment saw about 336,000 sign-ups on average.
The first four days of sign-ups this year was 1.79 times as much as that tally.
Data released by CMS on Thursday and last November does not include enrollments on the dozen Obamacare marketplaces run by individual states and the District of Columbia.
California's exchange, the largest state-run Obamacare marketplace, said its enrollment business was about 25 percent higher on the first day of sign-ups this year compared with last year.
Maryland's exchange had 70 percent higher enrollment on the first day.
Lori Lodes, a former top CMS official, said the data released Thursday "is a great start to open enrollment and is further evidence that people want health insurance and that they're finding coverage they can afford."
"The administration has caused a lot of anxiety for people over the last year when it comes to health care but there's also been a more in-depth conversation about what Obamacare really is about," said Lodes, co-founder of Get America Covered, an enrollment advocacy group.
"So when most people logged onto HealthCare.gov they found plans that are more affordable than they expected."
Obamacare advocates like Lodes have feared that the Trump administration's hostility to the Affordable Care Act will lead to a marked decrease in the final enrollment tally relative to last year, particularly because of a sharp decrease in outreach budgets. There is also a much shorter sign-up window this year compared with last year in much of the country.
Open enrollment ends Dec. 15 in states served by HealthCare.gov.
Most other states have longer enrollment periods, but all will end by late January.
The ACA requires most Americans to have some form of health coverage during the year or pay a fine that can be as much as 2.5 percent of household income.

from cnbc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

what does reddit say about all this

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Joe Biden thinks it’s critical that Donald Trump not get a second term — and though it’s early, he doesn’t yet see anyone else who could stop that from happening.

So, he's been telling people privately, that might mean he’ll just have to run himself.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/10/joe-biden-2020-trump-244757?cid=apn

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dead nazis would make america great again

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bird cooch posted:

Duckworth/franken 2020

yuuuuuuuuuup

Nostalgia4Butts