Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

A package showed up at the door today...

Complete with a letter describing the contents!

A larger and much nicer sledge than the one I have, a set of Cray-branded playing cards, and a larger set of the badass engineer pliers. They do a great job of making engineers squeal removing stripped out screws, and yes, the original pair I have is fairly worn. This is already pretty damned awesome.

Because I'm perpetually five years old, gently caress yeah, stickers. The one at the bottom of the photo smells like drop bears. I think it might be venomous.

And... wait, did that letter say oil pump?

Yes, yes it did.

NitroSpazzz, you overdid it and then some. If that oil pump becomes garage art I suspect I'll take it apart first, because why the hell not? If nothing else I'm amazed at your dedication in getting the drat thing so clean. Any part like that I pull off an engine seemingly contains a wormhole from which oil randomly appears, forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Something is inbound from the bay area, according to USPS. :ohdear:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

IOwnCalculus posted:

NitroSpazzz, you overdid it and then some. If that oil pump becomes garage art I suspect I'll take it apart first, because why the hell not? If nothing else I'm amazed at your dedication in getting the drat thing so clean. Any part like that I pull off an engine seemingly contains a wormhole from which oil randomly appears, forever.

Oil pump getting that clean is a result of pure luck. I must have propped it up at just the right angle when I tossed it in the shed for most of the oil to drain. I'm impressed it arrived that quickly, they estimated Friday delivery.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 14, 2017

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Package is on route, should arrive next week!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Gave my package to the postman this morning.

:wiggle: Shipped my secret Santa gift, too.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:member::hf::buddy:

Santee, your package has been shipped! May the postal carrier deliver it with care and love.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Package received! Boring box, so no pictures.

F1 coffee cup (insulated, too!) 2x 7/16" wrenches, one stubby, one ratcheting, and some tradeshow swag.
The Roush CleanTech keychain is going on my TDI key... it's clean... sure.
Thanks Cornholio!

:edit: My santee's package is out for delivery!

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 14, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
My santee's package has been out for delivery since 11:30 and I've checked on the status like 15 or 20 times at this point JUST loving DELIVER IT

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have received a package! It is festooned with amusing things. I have not opened it yet because I am still working but I will crack it open tonight and take photos when I have a few minutes.

I have already worked like 44 hours this week or something and I'm nowhere near done :argh:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

We have goodies!

Came home from work to a box on the counter. I have reason to believe that this is but the first wave, but I cannot confirm.

As presented by the Official Package Inspector, the goods:

Holy poo poo!

Awesome! You better believe I'mma Lasertip the poo poo outta some screws. Awesome! Thanks Santa! :)

More goodies!

First off, rags! Nice and big. I tend to run through paper towels like mad so these will be damned useful.

And stickers! One will be a fine addition to the tool cart. The other one may come to work with me.

Thanks for everything iForge. You are truly a king amongst goons.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

More goodies!

First off, rags! Nice and big. I tend to run through paper towels like mad so these will be damned useful.

And stickers! One will be a fine addition to the tool cart. The other one may come to work with me.

Thanks for everything iForge. You are truly a king amongst goons.

You are welcome! There is one more package that is a bit delayed, but contains two identical items, one for you and one for your wife. I had a more personal package that I had started, but due to the fact that I rarely wrench on cars now and just work on broken HVAC systems, the things that I found to put in it didn't really follow the car theme that we do here so I went to Amazon instead. Plus I don't think you want me to ship you a 100lb crankshaft out of a reciprocating compressor :V

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SOMETHING HAS SHOWN UP IN THE MAIL. Something.... heavy, and suspiciously wooden-like. I suspect my letter carrier was cussing a bit.

Deceptor101 posted:

Dropped off the package at USPS today, Santee your ETA is 12/15! I did end up building a crate for the flat-rate box, and I'm just going to say right now: yes I could have hammered the nails straighter and yes the saw doesn't really cut square. It was rushed on my lunch using work's tools. That being said, it's great knowing it's nigh-indestructible.

Welp!

Let's see what we have here.

I didn't even bother trying to keep the cardboard box intact.

STICKERS! :neckbeard:

:perfect:

So.. on to the crate.

:ohdear:

Blowd up parts, and yes, I do need u-joints, thanks! (I wound up doing the job without them, which was a pain, but these are going straight into the toolbox for future use... tried to buy some at Walmart, they didn't have any, and it was too late to hit up anywhere else).

The pinion looks almost new. That's kinda amazing with the ring being as blown up as you claim it was. :stare:

"Tactical stocking" indeed. :laffo: I'm not the tactical/prepper/whatever type, but my stepdad will get a kick out of it.

... if I can get it back from my cat. Did you put catnip in it or something? He's swatting me away anytime I try to pull it away from him. :v: (unrelated, yeah that is a container of catnip in the background, but that was forgotten about a few days ago, and he knocked it off a table at some point).

Oh man... just reading the ingredients on these has me drooling. If I'd gotten home earlier, I'd run to the store and get some chicken to try these out with (but everything around here, except Walmart, closes at midnight). They will definitely be tested out tomorrow.

This is awesome man. Thanks! :glomp:

e: I'm definitely putting the "WARNING MODIFIED SUSPENSION" sticker on a strut tower in my car, just for the lols when I take it in for its state inspection next weekend.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 15, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
:siren: Package is at local post office for delivery today! :siren:

Edit: God drat. Post office getting poo poo done.

USPS posted:

Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 5:27 am on December 15, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 15, 2017

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Santee's gift still hasn't arrived from Amazon, so I think I'm calling that one a bust. I'll try to have something out by this afternoon.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Well crap. Plaster investments I made for AISS gift leaked so it's "modern art" instead of "part". Will try to get stuff shipped and will just come back to it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

sharkytm posted:

Package received! Boring box, so no pictures.

F1 coffee cup (insulated, too!) 2x 7/16" wrenches, one stubby, one ratcheting, and some tradeshow swag.
The Roush CleanTech keychain is going on my TDI key... it's clean... sure.
Thanks Cornholio!

:edit: My santee's package is out for delivery!

Hooray! Hope you can use the stuff. The coffee cup was bigger than I thought it would be when I ordered it but it looked really well made.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
So a package with an interesting and circuitous delivery history showed up this morning. I'll have to wait until I get home to open it since I got it on my way out the door for work but here's the delivery story:

Santa accidentally added a zero to the end of the address. But the street numbers on my road don't go up that high. And, of course, since I didn't give Santa my last name but he did have my forums name, the postman didn't have a last name to go on. So it got delivered like a week ago. Somewhere. Presumably down the street. Then somehow made its way back to the postman who I ran into by chance this morning on my way out the door and he asked me if I knew a "Tom Praeda" since he had a package that had a nonexistent address but was similar to mine. I think if I'd not run into him, it would have gone back as undeliverable so talk about fortuitous!

It's a seriously heavy box and I'm really looking forward to opening it!

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Last part for my SS arrived. Hoping to ship it out Saturday. Let's hope USPS isn't too backed up. (I know it will be. ugh.)
LIES - I have to make one trip Saturday to pickup something at one of my favorite stores Saturday.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 15, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A package arrived yesterday, festooned with a strange constellation of arcane drawings:

Within, a missive from Something Awful Forums Goon SharkyTM:

Wonderful! A delightful selection of useful objects and substances.

I'll definitely get use out of most of this stuff. The camera bag will work great as a caddy for my increasing collection of spare lenses, I can use the filters too. You always need more vise grips. My wife is like "oooh apple butter!" We've made our own too, have some stashed, but we're suckers for collecting jars of delicious goo and we'll be able to compare yours to ours and a third goon's stuff we've got stashed too. There's also a lot of bits! Always need more bits, the fuckers go missing don't they. I had no idea you could get magnetic inserts for sockets but that sounds incredibly useful, I am trying those out immediately. The linesman's pliars are swell, I don't have a pair so that's good. And the hood ornament will take a place of pride stuck to a shelf somewhere or something.

Thanks SharkyTM!

Naturally being a generous soul, the best part of the christmas present went to the cats.

This is Bean.

This is Bean's box now. gently caress off, all other people & cats, you can't have it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Oh man... just reading the ingredients on these has me drooling. If I'd gotten home earlier, I'd run to the store and get some chicken to try these out with (but everything around here, except Walmart, closes at midnight). They will definitely be tested out tomorrow.

Just tried both. Both are awesome, the habanero is gonna be something I'll be ordering from them regularly. That's tasty!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Just tried both. Both are awesome, the habanero is gonna be something I'll be ordering from them regularly. That's tasty!

Excellent! I'm glad you like them. If you do want to go even spicier, the black label is the hottest sauce with the best flavor I've ever tried. That being said, the bottle will last quite a while as it's best used sparingly. I'm glad the U-joints were still needed in your toolbox, if not for the job you needed them for. You'll need them someday. I have no idea why the cat liked the stocking so much. I have dogs, but they didn't get a chance to play with it at all, definitely no catnip while it was in my possession.

Here's the ring gear to go with that pinon, this was moving the car just fine for a few hours of racing actually. I'm pretty sure the diff was near empty for a good bit of that too.

This is going to be the spare-tire ring for my truck.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A box of awesome stuff appeared on my bed when I got home from work to cheer me up. I'll post pics when both me and the phone have a better charge in them. :sun:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I sent mine out yesterday. Sorry about the super rushed note, I really wanted to get it sent out that day and almost missed the post office. I usually put a little more effort in it than that.

I may have spent a little too much on a joke gift, I hope its still good. :shobon:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Just sent out a part 2. It should get there the day after your first one. Stay tuned!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My gift is shipped and tracking email has been sent to iForge!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

:siren: Package is at local post office for delivery today! :siren:

Edit: God drat. Post office getting poo poo done.

:ohdearsass:

Santee's been awful quiet...

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Same.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Same here.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

My santee's gift is out for delivery.
Much excitement.
It's not as good as some of what's been posted, but I hope it's cool enough.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Same :eng99: It was delivered yesterday morning so it might be a little premature for my concern.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

This thread better be really active tonight, package is showing out for delivery for me too.

Break the silence Santee's!

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

I got mine! Let me just upload my cell phone pics to imgur.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Sorry I didn't post earlier... been running around like a headless chicken.

Well what have we here...

NOS keychain... what...

Ha ha ha holy poo poo, it's even the 4-spoke 1st gen wheel pattern! That's on my keychain right now, ironically next to the RX-8 key.

Something something tree... apex seals...? Is that laser etched or CNC'd, do you know? Also perfect for the tree.

... and the weirdest thing is my wife was literally talking about Tim Tams 15 minutes before I opened the package and I'd never had them before. And some crazy part of me wants to make a 1/5th scale shock dyno (you know, in my infinite spare time) :D

Thank you very much, Somewhat Heroic!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
My package is listed as "addressee to collect from depot", so I am assuming they attempted delivery while no-one was home.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Package shipped. Hope you enjoy Santee. Your only a state away so I hope it gets there sooner than expected.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

mekilljoydammit posted:

Something something tree... apex seals...? Is that laser etched or CNC'd, do you know? Also perfect for the tree.

... and the weirdest thing is my wife was literally talking about Tim Tams 15 minutes before I opened the package and I'd never had them before. And some crazy part of me wants to make a 1/5th scale shock dyno (you know, in my infinite spare time) :D

Thank you very much, Somewhat Heroic!

Goon toe spotted. Glad you got it and that Tim Tams are not entirely unknown in your house! The shock absorber is a really cool piece from one of my vendors in the UK. As noted the oil that I used was far too light of viscosity but it was just what I had at my desk handy and I didn't want to send a shock that was just dry.

The ornament is lasered on. I know someone with a laser machine so that is 1:1 and if automotive production numbers have taught me anything 1:1 = priceless

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I came home to a package from Australia on the front step! I have to run some errands now but I will open it later tonight!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Opened my box from extreme accordion and found it packed with a couple lego sets and some super rad hotwheels. (specially dat green boat car, 10/10 would daily.) Tell your little girl she did a good job picking out gifts, they made a lovely couple days alot better. :kimchi:

Also included in this was a movie about an indy 500 race called winning. Gonna have to watch that here soon.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

iForge posted:

I came home to a package from Australia on the front step! I have to run some errands now but I will open it later tonight!
Golden Gaytime, now in spider flavour!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Golden Gaytime, now in spider flavour!

I wish, instead we get this:

https://twitter.com/Vegemite/status/940801544341131269

• Locked thread