Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I shipped out my package today and it was kinda bulging. It seems unlikely it'll arrive before Christmas but maybe before the end of the year as long as USPS gets their mitts on it before Canada Post shuts down for the Holidays. Paid the extra $15 for expresspost to help hurry it along too.

E: Emailed the tracking # to iforge as proof I didn't deadbeat.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Santee, you will be seeing a yellow or black sleigh in the next day or two rock up :)

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

AH THE BEES THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

No idea what the piston is out of, it will fit in nicely with my garage art collection. Thanks a bunch mystery Santa!

It's out of a '55 Bel-Aire drag racer. Enjoy!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I've been a bit crap of a Santee for ~reasons (baby, going out of town.)~

However, last week I got a box:

There is a very useful thing for a Subaru owner:

But beyond that, we should take inventory:

Stickers, check. Cher tape... check. Not sure if I have a working cassette deck but hey, Cher!

Random mechanical bits, some working, some failed, check!

All and all, an AI box of fun!

Thanks CSB!

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Santee your package is finally on the way! Due to a combination of personal laziness and being hosed around by courier services it's running a bit late. Sorry. I'll tell you the story when you get it!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Safety Dance posted:

I got a big box from Amazon today!

Holy cow that's a lot of cookies! I'll enjoy 'em, my wife will enjoy 'em, and probably my whole office will enjoy em. The note indicates that's part 2! If that's part 2, I can't wait to see what part 1 is.

The note did not indicate who my santa is, so thank you anonymous goon!

Part 1 arrived! Thank you Cage!

Nestled in only the finest newspaper with a Star Wars: The Last Jedi headline, we have:

- LEGO Knight Rider
- Electric fly swatter
- The biggest zip ties I've ever seen
- A pair of super comfy pajama pants for drifting around corners at 80mph
- Two beers wrapped in God's Only Wrapping Paper: shop towels.

What beers, you may ask?

I'm totally into sweet beers! I love how they're so local to upstate NY! Thank you so much!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thank you for not posting my hand writing. Don't turn your porch light off yet though. :ssh:

edit: I tried to find pants as ugly as firecocks were but on ebay they were at hipster prices so you some mildly lame ones.

Cage fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 21, 2017

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Dear InitialDave, thank you for the lovely gifts Santa!

So, there was an initial gift from amazon of two Jay-Z CDs with a card saying this will make the supra go faster (which I will admit I totally didn't get at first (2JZ :v: )) ). I thought I had a picture of that but I cannot seem to find it, so I apologize for that - will grab at some point.

Then today, I picked this up at the post office:

What's inside? Holio gently caress, what isn't inside it? Some loving sweet periodicals and sales brochures from the distant past, a rad hat, a leather apron for metalwork and stickers.

A closeup of the hat reveals celebrity heritage!

A great deal of UK snacks, treats, mustard, marmite(!) and chocolates which my girlfriend immediately recognized at least 30% of.

An old Land Rover Badge, a lotus, a mini(? I think?), some cleaner wax, an unused cartridge oil filter, one of those neat little magnetic flashlights for your screwdrivers.

A very nice letter.

Seriously, thank you man, this is really awesome and I really appreciate the effort.

The supra sales brochure is mega cool, where the hell did you get this?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You're welcome! The brochure and magazines are just from resellers of old stuff like that, you can usually find quite a few of them at car shows etc. What's interesting is that the brochure appears to be a generic one, that they then put in a regional cover slip for the UK.

The mustard is mainly for taunting people who don't realise English mustard is a lot stronger than normal American yellow mustard - like the Marmite, light amounts only, just to get the flavour of it!

The oil filter is from a Clio I once owned, just to show how stupidly tiny it is. The yellow toy car is a Vauxhall/Opel Adam, kind of their attempt atore of a "premium" supermini. Landie badge was off the appalling Discovery I had a while back.

Other food items are just a random selection. Managed to get some spotted dick in there, unfortunately I couldn't find faggots or haggis in a "postable" format/container.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Package arrived last night...

Pro packaging - the boys like the flavor of the packing peanuts but weren't fond of how it stuck to their faces

The note

The haul

STICKERS!

Horror Freight extendable ratchets and the mythical 10mm

Handy magnetic light and compressor piston to go with my random piston from AI:SS collection

Truck, Moose enjoyed the packaging but wasn't sure what to do with the truck

A bad rear end trophy

An oscilloscope which will be very nice for troubleshooting the caddy, race car and everything else .

Thanks Terrible Robot

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Awesome trophy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My Santee is going to be late as we had a minor medical expense come up

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
What is the make/site for that O-Scope because that is awesome! Need one.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Hell yeah! :D

The SCCA trophy is from the estate of a former Gulf Oil executive that had a thing for racing british cars back in the 60s and 70s. My friend ended up with all his old trophies and car memorabilia because nobody in the family wanted any of it.

O-scope I got from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0728GCBLD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
a Box is finally on its way from the middle of the Atlantic ...

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Cage posted:

Thank you for not posting my hand writing. Don't turn your porch light off yet though. :ssh:

edit: I tried to find pants as ugly as firecocks were but on ebay they were at hipster prices so you some mildly lame ones.

Oh hey and the coffee just got here! Thanks a bunch duder!

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I really hope the contents of my santee's package arrives intact. (Please don't hate me too much, lol).

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Santee I hope you recieved your package. It was delivered yesterday. :ohdear:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I really hope the contents of my package don't start some sort of international incident.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

Hell yeah! :D

The SCCA trophy is from the estate of a former Gulf Oil executive that had a thing for racing british cars back in the 60s and 70s. My friend ended up with all his old trophies and car memorabilia because nobody in the family wanted any of it.

O-scope I got from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0728GCBLD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have that one too, its awesome for doing diag on the car!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Well, I guess this year's Christmas gift to me is gonna be an oscilloscope...

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

A package has been picked up from the post office! Unboxing will unfortunately have to wait until after work today.

I can't wait :suspense:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
AI:SS Stats of this moment:
13 days past soft shipping deadline
1 day before hard shipping deadline
51 users participating
42 users have sent me shipping confirmations
36 users have posted pictures and thanked their santa
2 users have posted that they got a box but have not posted pictures.
I did not take the time to check how many packages have not been delivered yet, but:

Those are rookie numbers. Gotta pump those numbers up. Thank you to all who have shipped/emailed/posted so far!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Oh my god do I get to ban 9 people?!

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
More stats!

4 santas have not provided shipping proof and their santee has not posted, emails have been sent to check the status of these.
6 santees have received a package and not posted pics
6 santees still have packages in transit to them

Can we please not have 4 deadbeats this year? Shipping deadline is mandatory. No exceptions.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Over in Trad Games we have 100% gift completion in the TGSS. These AI guys are losing to a bunch of gamer nerds. Step it up, car nerds.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I will be sending amazon goodies to all deserted santees, as payment for the joy of ban + 30ing all deadbeats.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

clam ache posted:

Santee I hope you recieved your package. It was delivered yesterday. :ohdear:

I did! Lot of individually wrapped items to unbox and holy poo poo did you ever dig through my post history! I did not get a picture of the unbox and unwrap process because I drunkenly went through them while on the shitter when I got home Wednesday night.

My love affair with Datsun's is apparent. An orange GTI to go in the real orange GTI. Offset metric long wrenches! I don't have to go buy some now. Rad Matco tools cap. Small space drivers for my largish paws. A bag of assorted bits I haven't picked through and a ring gear or trigger wheel? (is there significance that I'm missing with either of those?)

Badges from past ownership history: Ford, Chrysler, Honda. The Chrysler + radiator cap made me laugh about the poo poo mechanics will try on the uneducated, including myself at the time. A huge bolt and two nuts wrapped together in very dong like fashion.

The excellent card! "I've got a lot of problems with you people!"

And.... rear end in a top hat tax is paid:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wrar posted:

There is a very useful thing for a Subaru owner:

You rock CSB

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Can confirm those subaru axle punch tools are worth their weight in gold. A+ gift for someone having to contend with the Gorester.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

extreme_accordion posted:

I did! Lot of individually wrapped items to unbox and holy poo poo did you ever dig through my post history! I did not get a picture of the unbox and unwrap process because I drunkenly went through them while on the shitter when I got home Wednesday night.

My love affair with Datsun's is apparent. An orange GTI to go in the real orange GTI. Offset metric long wrenches! I don't have to go buy some now. Rad Matco tools cap. Small space drivers for my largish paws. A bag of assorted bits I haven't picked through and a ring gear or trigger wheel? (is there significance that I'm missing with either of those?)

Badges from past ownership history: Ford, Chrysler, Honda. The Chrysler + radiator cap made me laugh about the poo poo mechanics will try on the uneducated, including myself at the time. A huge bolt and two nuts wrapped together in very dong like fashion.

The excellent card! "I've got a lot of problems with you people!"

And.... rear end in a top hat tax is paid:

Glad you liked it. The VW was a shot in the dark. The trans part was a spare that ended up in my collection. Those wrenches are amazing when dealing with lovely locations of drum bleeders.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'll gladly cover a deadbeat, iForge. I've got plenty of extra stuff.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I left work early!

A magic box appears! [Insert your mom joke here]

Sweet Chili Heats keys make a suitable letter opener.

Hoooooly poo poo, my secret Santa has gone above and beyond!

I have now owned an RX-7 of every generation.

This incredible goons package included:
  • 1/10 Scale Tamiya RX-7 R1 kit
  • Oil filter for a 13B
  • Permatex gasket maker (for building a 13B perhaps?)
  • A 10mm socket!
  • A sweeeeet rotary engine vinyl decal
  • An Excedy decal (The preferred clutch of Formula D rotor head Kyle Mohan)
  • A metal plaque indicating my sentiments towards V8's
  • AvE's Cockford Ollie Mug

I did, in fact, laugh out loud when I saw this for the first time.

You're reading this in AvE's voice, aren't you?

This mug is amazing and will be joining me at work.

Whoever you are you magnificent bastard, thank you! Unless I missed your username somewhere? :ohdear:

I can only hope that my Santee enjoys their gifts as much as I have/will enjoy these.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Speaking of! My wife was hiding this package with the rest of the christmas deliveries. I completely forgot to take a picture of the rotor keys. As soon as I opened the package, my son claimed the cars and the jaguar keychain. The borescope will come in handy, I just recently bought one and gave it to a good friend of mine last week so the timing is hilarious. If I have time this weekend I'll take some shots of the completely destroyed FD engine we're working on next week. And the stamps are just fricken cool.

Thanks again McTinkerson, I hope you have a great 2018!

PS: I had no idea they made poutine lip balm.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 23, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I have received my Santa's package, but my phone has killed itself. I'll get some photos up shortly.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Leperflesh posted:

Over in Trad Games we have 100% gift completion in the TGSS. These AI guys are losing to a bunch of gamer nerds. Step it up, car nerds.

I sent both my AISS gift and TGSS gift at the same time. Not sure why my AISS Santee hasn’t received it yet...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
A blurry box arrives!

This picture of all the contents didn't come out well, but we have multiple goodies from Taiwan: Oolong tea, wasabi peas, some pull-back-and-go cartoony cars, plus a GTR one, keyring, what I think are called hongbao? Envelopes for gifting money? A gashapon toy, a blind-box toy, and a card.

I grew up on the understanding that it was coal which Santa put in naughty kids' stockings. I'm not quite sure how to interpret this card, but the imagery implies they may have been the lucky ones.

Wasabi peas are always a good snack kind of thing with a beer or two.

Is the Jeep blind? I don't know. Answers on a postcard.

The GTR comes with separate tyres and front wheels to install yourself.

The gashapon toy was, in fact, a toy gashapon machine. This is some Inception poo poo.

It dispenses even smaller still gashapon balls.

The blind box toy was a little figure of a girl with an oversized cup of coffee. Cup Fuchiko! I remember these from Japan, little mascots to sit on your cup/glass.

Thanks Santa!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

M AISS package arrived today. (I think part of it arrived earlier in the week but not 100% sure)

A package! (I saw my postal carrier lift with their knees! it must be mighty)

There is indeed stuff inside

well wrapped stuff!

Well blow me!

Sauces!

Snacks!

For when you only need a little bit of power:

A chain! (No turtleneck sweater)

A stuck water pump from something. (or a high speed snail)

I think santa made me a thing!

Drinks!

Well played santa.... well played:

The Haul:

This also arrived from Oregon so i think it may be santa related as well:

Thanks Santa! This is quite the awesome haul!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Yo that Secret Aardvark sauce is the fuckin bomb, I just re-ordered some earlier today actually. Also lmbo at that booze cage. Time to buy an angle grinder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
A box arrived:

With a note!

And junk!

And failure!

And success!

And a breath of fresh air!

And dairy products!

Overall very interesting! Thanks, Santee!

Finally the Endurance has a friend!

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 23, 2017

• Locked thread