Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
A wild package was found .... in the Forster where the former partner had shoved anything I had left there.

There are tings in the packet!

And a note that explains everything!

Thanks DJ, that wiring test rig esp is going to come in goddamn handy testing the heap of poo poo I'm rebuilding...... let alone that yes, the WRC car HAS had that happen before and a test kit would have bloody handy........

(I had no idea the cruise control on a XT was controlled by a key?????? That is truly odd and also drat cool)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I haven't officially thanks my Santee now that they've revealed themselves. Thank you Wrar! You have gone above and beyond and have made my first AI Secret Santa a resounding success!

A giant thank you to iForge for running it.

Edit: Phone posting means I can never spell correctly

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

A wild package was found .... in the Forster where the former partner had shoved anything I had left there.

There are tings in the packet!

And a note that explains everything!

Thanks DJ, that wiring test rig esp is going to come in goddamn handy testing the heap of poo poo I'm rebuilding...... let alone that yes, the WRC car HAS had that happen before and a test kit would have bloody handy........

(I had no idea the cruise control on a XT was controlled by a key?????? That is truly odd and also drat cool)
Those Extech test lead sets are pretty nice. Not silicone leads, but for the money, they're a deal. I've got 2 sets in my travel gear, plus some silicone leads from Franky on eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Just saw my package got delivered, hooray!

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
just received my package, hooray!

pictures coming shortly

Fermented Tinal posted:

Just saw my package got delivered, hooray!

waitaminute

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 2, 2018

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
"package" "delivered"

Just who is menacing whose buttcrack here, hmmmmmmmmmm

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Everything make it? The note details the contents far more accurately than the customs declaration.

The note also is a unique look into untreated mental illness.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
PAGING BCM, YOU HAVE A PACKAGE AT RECEPTION

FROM THE FROZEN WASTES IT CAME

YES its a good thing you removed the cigars and the "Kinder Surprises"
(which I assumed was an aphorism and had to Google) :stonk:

shaking the box resulted in lots of clinking. I hope nothings broken! :ohdear:

tension builds ...

we have a letter!

let's see : three pages, three five b]seven[/b] apologies, discussion of hockey, beavers, Canadian Tire and correct usage of the word "chooched"

Canadian AF

QUITE the haul!

TREATS! i've eaten one packet while unboxing and arranging everything, saving the rest for later. Giant M&Ms !

this stuff is perfect for field repairs! not available in *any* local store.
also : they aren't touching each other, so no violence. Yet.

the nephews aren't getting these, nope!

ya know, there's just enough room on the pocket bike frame for a 1S lipo, a tiny brushed motor and a receiver...

tools and a streamlight ! v nice. especially the streamlight - my old one fell someplace inaccessible and I've been meaning to get a replacement. How did you know?

can those serial num,bers be traced back to you? Because Mischief.

POS Durango was debaged back when I had it repainted. I still have the original badges, just never bothered putting them back on. Mazdafying it is going to happen :D

those bearings are perfectly fine! That pad has plenty of life in it, just flip it around! :haw:

Thanks, Santa! Tinal !

e: fucktypos

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 3, 2018

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

buttcrackmenace posted:

the nephews aren't getting these, nope!

Nice!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

buttcrackmenace posted:

can those serial num,bers be traced back to you? Because Mischief.

No, they cannot. Someone tossed about 40 of them in the scrap steel bin at work and I have no idea where they came from other than they were unused. I have about a dozen left because some of the maitenance personnel found my stash and helped themselves.

As for the streamlight, the letter doesn't lie, maybe Amazon knew.

Glad it all got to you intact. Belated Merry Christmas!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
That is a sweet haul, particularly the old hot wheels. Hell yeah

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Old hot wheels? They were in a bin at CT for $4 ea.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The packaging looks like the old ones idk

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
To my poor Santa who is waiting for pics... I don't have it yet, but I will have the package on Tuesday. Sorry for the wait.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Good news!

It's here! Though the box is a bit worse for wear. Opening it up in what is certainly not the prescribed manner,

I like where this is going...

Classic FoMoCo shop manuals and a Honda hat! I think someone is trying to hint at a future project.

Definitely going to have that hat for when I finally get around to buying a CBR to go climbing hills around where I live. (Yes, I know that's the Honda Cars logo.)

Thanks Mr. Wiggles! Some cool swag that will find a good home here in Formosa.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
With that post, AI:SS 2017 is a wrap! No deadbeats this year thankfully!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Took a while, but glad to hear it. Thanks iForge for the hard work.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Thanks iForge! I know everyone appreciates your hard work.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Thanks for putting up with this for another year, iForge!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Thank you again, Santa-Daddy for putting this thing together. I hope everybody enjoyed their goodies.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Thank you! It was a great time and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Thanks for taking this on iForge! It made what promised to a be a pretty heavy Christmas a little bit lighter.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

CovfefeCatCafe posted:

Good news!

It's here! Though the box is a bit worse for wear. Opening it up in what is certainly not the prescribed manner,

I like where this is going...

Classic FoMoCo shop manuals and a Honda hat! I think someone is trying to hint at a future project.

Definitely going to have that hat for when I finally get around to buying a CBR to go climbing hills around where I live. (Yes, I know that's the Honda Cars logo.)

Thanks Mr. Wiggles! Some cool swag that will find a good home here in Formosa.

You need a maverick in your life.

Merry Christmas!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Didn't have time to participate this year due to life getting in the way, but thanks nonetheless, it's been entertaining, even from the sidelines.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I just realized I never uploaded the photos of my package from Boaz MacPhereson. Sorry for being a lovely Santee and dropping the ball for close to a month... :eng99:

To begin with was a really great letter! :)

Followed by a really cool 'Ring shirt that sent my sperging boss further sperging since she speaks German and doesn't understand why I'd have seemingly random German words on a t-shirt.

Random mags and a cutout of the bane of my childhood existence, an "inboard runabout" or as I call it a motherfucking Chriscraft timesuck. But my kids love it, so it's cool. :3:

Some key/carlot tags, marker lights, couple packets of lube, some microfiber cloths, and a speed wrench! I was just about to go get one of those for a Christmas vacation project and then I got one in the box. Thanks for reading my mind!

And finally, the pièce de résistance, a piston and connecting rod proving that you can throw any poo poo in a box and USPS will still send it. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to use it for, but I think a future welding project needs to happen, probably involving ripping off a certain trophy in a movie.

Thanks again for the haul Boaz, you've been an amazing santa both times thus far! :)

Also, thank you again for throwing this whole thing together for us iforge!

edit:

Cage posted:

And finally, making good use of the flat postage we have a part:

Not too sure what it is, little help?

It's an oil filter housing assembly for a 2002 Mini Cooper S rushed from England to my doorstep in 2 days because it was still 1/8th the price of a part from the Mini dealership and 12 days faster! :haw: It's missing a lovely plastic clip with spring aka the "drain back plunger" because you can't just buy that lovely part by itself, you have to shell out for the whole loving thing. Who would've known that plastic in an area that repeatedly gets hot/cold would make it brittle? In any case, glad you liked your stuff!

keykey fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Hooray! Glad you liked all the stuff, man. The piston's out of an LQ4 and the marker lights are the originals off the Nova. Happy the shirt will work out.

• Locked thread