Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Broke my AISS cherry last year, loved it.

I already got a SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT t-shirt so don't send another one of those. Medium for shirts otherwise. Whatever you send is going to my work (it's easier because Auspost) so no dicks on the ablative layer please. Do what you will on the inside.

Tools always appreciated, stickers always fun.

I understand shipping to the land down under is a pain in the rear end so SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT. Send something local to you. Send me a local beer or spirit or hot sauce! ("decorative bottle" for customs purposes) Hell a picture of a pretty sunset is nice.

Big Ups to last years SS, Ephphatha

I used the earplugs last Sunday at the Pennywise gig and guess what? My tinnitus is no worse than it was before!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dearest Santee,

I have consigned your poorly packed goodie box to the vagaries of the Australia Post system. Please expect it to arrive sometime between now and never. It may or may not be intact.

Crappy Holidays and a Mary Xmas,
slothrop

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ephphatha posted:

I think this is a new speed record for Auspost, 2 days to get a package ~100km! Surprised it didn't bounce between Melbourne and Sydney for a week.

Thanks for the packing peanuts, they were delicious! They actually taste loving awful if anyone hasn't tried eating one, I wouldn't recommend it.

Oh, there was a note and some other stuff in the box as well:

A wicker/cane storage box
A battery charger that the note informs me was borrowed and never returned
An Ardbeg branded leather card wallet
A Carlton stubby cooler
A Milwaukee torx driver set
A fuel gauge from Doug the EH Commodore
A set of leather Wild Turkey coasters
Some Wild Turkey branded playing cards in a metal tin
Mini bottles of Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Connemara whisky/whiskey
An absolute shitload of stickers! There's a bunch of cool designs like the insignia of the cult of the V8, a sticker that's dyno proven to add 5 HP, and my absolute favourite being the one visible on the right that says "If I crash upload my strava".

Thanks heaps slothrop. I really hope a lot of it was vendor swag cause it would've cost a mint otherwise. The torx driver set is gonna go in the car, the focus uses torx screws all over the place and my existing driver in the car toolkit is non-magnetic which makes using it frustrating. I've been meaning to get a card wallet for ages to clear the lesser used stuff out of my main wallet so that's perfect. I've recently been getting back into standard card games so another pack is always useful, especially given the tin is actually sized for the deck. This'll replace the one I have at work that rattles around in its oversized tin. Until now I only had one stubby holder and no coasters so those will be useful. Also, while whisky and vodka were my standard drinks when I was younger I've never tried anything fancier than JD so I can finally correct that character flaw. Those stickers are brilliant, I really want to put the strava one my cyclocross/commuter bike, just gotta find somewhere where it can adhere properly and wont get covered in mud.

Thanks for the battery charger but I already have one so if you want that one back I can drop it off next time I come through the mountains. The car battery was well overdue for replacement and was sorted the next business day, I still haven't bothered diagnosing the bike but I'm pretty sure it's a dead reg/rec since that's a known issue on DRZs and the battery is only a few months old.

Now I'm kinda guilty I haven't had a chance to send out my gift yet, I've got everything sorted and it'll be dropped off at the post office tomorrow morn.

Glad you like the stickers! They were the only thing I paid for and I got em like 75% off on a Black Friday deal (now that I say that I'm hoping I didn't leave the invoice in there :rolleyes:)

You were such a great SS last year I was stoked to get you this year! I was hoping to get a chance to deliver personally but it was looking unlikely so I committed it to AusPost.

As for the battery charger, if you don't need it, at some point you'll know someone who will. Pass it on.

Sadly Doug is for sale now, through the Sunday Motors guys. Hopefully he finds a good home

E: I forgot to say, I expect sticker photos in the chat thread when you find a home for them! No obligation to use the ones that were obviously free or from my work :v:

slothrop fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 8, 2017

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Glad you like them jabroni!

https://youtu.be/eCV9254WaLQ

Happy AISS everybody!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Brigdh posted:

Thanks Raluek!

The Anderson Valley Gose(s) are extremely my kinda poo poo™ in the warmer months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Santa has delivered! The only thing missing was a rolling burnout up the mall to scare the tourists off. Pictures when I get home

• Locked thread