Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Hell yeah third year in a row. My last two santas were top notch. And my santees let me know there junk was appreciated. You guys are great for doing this.

About me i am a mechanic by trade. I love all tools. I also love stickers. My tool box is covered in them. I own a WJ and a honda accord. I wear a large shirt and prefer shirts that are a local buisness over any other kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Package shipped. Hope you enjoy Santee. Your only a state away so I hope it gets there sooner than expected.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

According to USPS tracking, my santee's package was delivered on Illinois today at 3:10 local time.

It was And i appreciate the strange international beaver. Potato phone pics ahoy.

I arrived to this canuckistani approved package. Listing all items and therefore causing spoilers.

An appropriate opening method was acquired.

Upon opening i could see the canadian post had accurately measured and list said items.

After removing the international beaver i was rewarded with more goods.

A Letter! From a mayor no less.

My son promptly stole some hot wheels

Thank you mayor of the frozen north. I have a serious fetish for german tools and will love the knipex till they outlast me. Also the letter didnt say anything about the U joint? Looks old and the shape makes me think older.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

Hey you are most welcome, I hope they serve you well and that you didn't already have some in that size :ohdear:

Anyway, yes, the harmonic balancer, that fiasco can be found here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3264505&pagenumber=33#post477751467 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3264505&pagenumber=33#post477867766

The U-joint is actually out of my grandparent's 1990 ford f-150, I have not yet done up the write up on that particular bit of maintenance but I will soon. The truck can be seen here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3264505&pagenumber=32&perpage=40#post473158421 if you are interested.

Those are my first knipex pliers. I have other cherman tools. I have stalked err followed your threads for a while and assumed it came from the f150.

And leperflesh I made them tiny because my phone makes them huge and didn't wanna hear complaints of broken tables.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Santee I hope you recieved your package. It was delivered yesterday. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

extreme_accordion posted:

I did! Lot of individually wrapped items to unbox and holy poo poo did you ever dig through my post history! I did not get a picture of the unbox and unwrap process because I drunkenly went through them while on the shitter when I got home Wednesday night.

My love affair with Datsun's is apparent. An orange GTI to go in the real orange GTI. Offset metric long wrenches! I don't have to go buy some now. Rad Matco tools cap. Small space drivers for my largish paws. A bag of assorted bits I haven't picked through and a ring gear or trigger wheel? (is there significance that I'm missing with either of those?)

Badges from past ownership history: Ford, Chrysler, Honda. The Chrysler + radiator cap made me laugh about the poo poo mechanics will try on the uneducated, including myself at the time. A huge bolt and two nuts wrapped together in very dong like fashion.

The excellent card! "I've got a lot of problems with you people!"

And.... rear end in a top hat tax is paid:

Glad you liked it. The VW was a shot in the dark. The trans part was a spare that ended up in my collection. Those wrenches are amazing when dealing with lovely locations of drum bleeders.

• Locked thread