Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

e: something came up, I'm out. sorry guys.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

e: gently caress it, I'm back in.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 13, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Random dickhead, don't know who. I'm pretty nervous about any further info about me getting out though.

e: plus I was counting on the income from that job to participate in AISS.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 11, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Motronic posted:

I've already got your doxx. Maybe iForge can just match us? :)

Also, this is my official post saying I'm in.

As most of you know I'm a degenerate cheap Porsche and Land Rover owner and like metalworking a lot. I still fit into a large t-shirt despite the massive quantities of beer I consume. Weird poo poo (that isn't for penetration), badly broken parts and stickers are always welcome. If you're a non-US goon sending me some of your local smoked meat delicacy is more than welcome. Send squeaky cheese if you're a UPer.

No.. you have my old info. :v: I don't even live in the same county anymore.

Ah gently caress it... count me back in guys. I'm gonna have to find an updated "making of the sexy firefighters calendar" DVD... and calendars... for Motronic, even if I don't get him again. :haw:

Shirt size for me is large. I drive a beat up Saturn, but used to be a Honda fanboy (3 Accords, 2 Civics, and 1 Integra in a pear tree in my past). Broken poo poo is neat (I still have half of a broken connecting rod that 14 inch massive bike tour champion sent me one year). Comedy is neat. Cats and dogs are awesome, but I only have a cat. Just don't send something like actual poo poo. And my letter carrier is pretty anal about names matching the mailbox, plus my neighbors have kids (in case something gets left on my porch), so uh.. nothing funny on the outside of the box. I like spicy food too.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 14, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

My santee isn't someone I'm terribly familiar with, but oh boy their post history turns up some gems. :allears: Some of the ideas I have are things I can easily find locally too.

Comedy options are normally kosher, right? This is gonna be fun. :getin:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oh someone's gonna get stiffed alright.. :quagmire:

... wait this isn't /m4m, poo poo.

Serious talk, between some post history and asking a local goon about suggestions for someone who has my santee's vehicles (said goon also has one of them), I have a pretty good list.. of both useful and comical (and a little foodical). Just gotta wait for payday.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Goddamn, I haven't even finished shopping! One part of the gift I'm sending has shown up so far, but those pics give me some... ideas.

e: I may have to send mine in two parts... the best part isn't expected to arrive until Dec 14th, according to ebay. :smith:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 29, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The last of my stuff is supposed to show up Friday. Unfortunately my postal carrier doesn't show up until like 8pm, and everything is coming via USPS, so it'll be going out Monday unless I can cram everything into a flat rate priority mail box and drop it off Saturday (my local PO doesn't have counter service on Sat, but they accept flat rate priority mail in their regular drop).

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

First part finally showed up... originally wasn't supposed to be here until next week, then it wasn't supposed to be here Wednesday. Apparently it's been in my mailbox since yesterday. :doh: For whatever reason, informed delivery didn't tell me about it, and eBay didn't send the delivery notification until the middle of the night (also I'm just lazy and don't check my mail often...)

Everything I planned to get locally has been acquired. Just waiting on a couple of other things from eBay now.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CovfefeCatCafe posted:

Hello fellow lo-fi hiphop youtube channel listener. I pretty much use that exact channel while I'm grading stacks of homework.

Which channel in particular is that? I found one that seems similar - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQBh9soLSkI - I'm digging it.

You guys might like the chillhop station on di.fm too. I keep that running in the car for a good part of the day.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 5, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Waiting on one more item to show up, tracking says it'll probably be here tomorrow. So I should be able to make the soft cutoff. :neckbeard:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Everything I ordered is here! :neckbeard: I'll be dropping it by the post office tonight or in the morning.

iForge posted:

I am going to be away this weekend. If my box is scheduled to be delivered this weekend, can someone let me know in a roundabout way so I can have a friend grab it for me? It will likely be stolen if I leave it too long.

Sign up for USPS informed delivery. You get an email anytime something heading to your address with a tracking # has a tracking # generated.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 9, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

If your santee is like me, they already have a ton of poo poo coming in anyway, and may not notice. Or at least may pretend not to notice. :v:

When I signed up for it, I kept failing the online identity verification, so I had to go do it in person. I'm assuming it's because I have an identity theft reported.

"Uhhh.. we don't do that here. What did you say you need to verify your ID for? Informed what?"

Apparently it's a seldom enough occurrence that they'd only had 1 person, ever, show up at my local post office for that. They had to get managers involved to figure out how to do it. Thankfully instructions on how to do it were in the email they'd sent me.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dropped mine off today (instead of last night). Looks like I made it just in time for it to go out today; tracking shows it was scanned a few minutes after I dropped it, and left that PO an hour later.

So <redacted>, you'll have your box of poo poo on Tuesday, hopefully.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

<redacted>, yours is apparently in your state, still with an expected delivery of Tuesday. I just hope I packed it well enough, there were breakables in there. :ohdear:

Whoever had me, uh, apparently I'll get it today "before 8pm" (which may be bullshit, my mail shows up anywhere from 5-10pm - either way, I won't be home until midnight anyway). USPS Informed Delivery kinda tattled on you. :ssh:

(I just know the origin city at the moment)

(yes I am a killjoy, sorry.)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Voltage posted:

Woah, just got my package from Yu-Gi-Oh, and you really outdid yourself! Really really really awesome stuff and super thoughtful !
I could not stop laughing at the Doug Demuro and Matt Farah framed portraits, they will definitely be going in my garage, lmao
I also finally have a sick keychain for my Tuono, some dope laptop stickers, and what appear to be 3D printed lightweight sun visor blankout plates for my Miata :hellyeah:
Sonic adventure 2 for dreamcast, honestly one of my favorite games which I will be playing on my garage dreamcast:
My go-to hot sauce and some spicy 'dines (I just ran out so perfect timing!)
A seriously cool fold-out Miata coffee table book!
The elusive broken AI conrod - does anyone know what engine this is from??
Overall, best AISS ever, thanks dude I owe you one!

Hell yeah dude, glad you liked it (and glad everything made it in one piece.. I was a little worried about the hot sauce and the picture frames). I stalked about a year's worth of your post history to come up with a couple of things. :v:

A local goon (Krutt) suggested the blanking plates; I had no idea they were a thing until I asked him what would be a good gift for someone with a NA Miata. That Dreamcast disc is self booting, but both of mine occasionally have issues with self booting :filez: discs (turning it off and on usually gets it working). Not sure if it's just because old Dreamcast or flaky CD media; I do know I have to burn at 4x if I want the discs to have a remote chance of working. (I tested that one, worked fine on both of my DCs)

I have no loving clue what engine that's out of. The famous 14 inch dick turbo jeep torch sent that to me a few years back; I think he told me what it was out of at one point, but drat if I remember. I thought you'd get a good laugh at the photos - everyone I asked about them thought they were funny (plus, c'mon, Matt Farah, or at least someone who looks like Matt Farah, in a goddamned swing, wtf?).

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Something is inbound from the bay area, according to USPS. :ohdear:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SOMETHING HAS SHOWN UP IN THE MAIL. Something.... heavy, and suspiciously wooden-like. I suspect my letter carrier was cussing a bit.

Deceptor101 posted:

Dropped off the package at USPS today, Santee your ETA is 12/15! I did end up building a crate for the flat-rate box, and I'm just going to say right now: yes I could have hammered the nails straighter and yes the saw doesn't really cut square. It was rushed on my lunch using work's tools. That being said, it's great knowing it's nigh-indestructible.

Welp!

Let's see what we have here.

I didn't even bother trying to keep the cardboard box intact.

STICKERS! :neckbeard:

:perfect:

So.. on to the crate.

:ohdear:

Blowd up parts, and yes, I do need u-joints, thanks! (I wound up doing the job without them, which was a pain, but these are going straight into the toolbox for future use... tried to buy some at Walmart, they didn't have any, and it was too late to hit up anywhere else).

The pinion looks almost new. That's kinda amazing with the ring being as blown up as you claim it was. :stare:

"Tactical stocking" indeed. :laffo: I'm not the tactical/prepper/whatever type, but my stepdad will get a kick out of it.

... if I can get it back from my cat. Did you put catnip in it or something? He's swatting me away anytime I try to pull it away from him. :v: (unrelated, yeah that is a container of catnip in the background, but that was forgotten about a few days ago, and he knocked it off a table at some point).

Oh man... just reading the ingredients on these has me drooling. If I'd gotten home earlier, I'd run to the store and get some chicken to try these out with (but everything around here, except Walmart, closes at midnight). They will definitely be tested out tomorrow.

This is awesome man. Thanks! :glomp:

e: I'm definitely putting the "WARNING MODIFIED SUSPENSION" sticker on a strut tower in my car, just for the lols when I take it in for its state inspection next weekend.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 15, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Oh man... just reading the ingredients on these has me drooling. If I'd gotten home earlier, I'd run to the store and get some chicken to try these out with (but everything around here, except Walmart, closes at midnight). They will definitely be tested out tomorrow.

Just tried both. Both are awesome, the habanero is gonna be something I'll be ordering from them regularly. That's tasty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:drat:

IT'S BEEN 244 YEARS MAN, LET IT GO!

:glomp:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 20, 2017

• Locked thread