Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Pro-Wrestling Champion for October, 2017?
This poll is closed.
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 23 21.90%
:alexa: Alexa Bliss (WWE Women's Champion) 7 6.67%
:tipshat: Toni Storm (World of Stardom Champion) 5 4.76%
:c00l: Johnny Mundo (FORMER Lucha Underground Champion) 0 0%
:haw: Chuck Taylor (FORMER PWG World Champion) 19 18.10%
:eyepop: Prince Puma/Ricochet (Current PWG & FORMER LU Champion) 3 2.86%
:miedo: Pentagon Dark (Lucha Underground Champion) 21 20.00%
:protogas: Jinder Mahal (WWE Champion) 8 7.62%
:spergin: Cody Rhodes (ROH World Champion) 1 0.95%
:ironicat: Nattie (Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) 1 0.95%
:shrug: Eli Drake (Impact World Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:itwaspoo: Viral Meningitis/These Champs Make Me Sick (None of the Above) 17 16.19%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For 6 of the 9 months polled this year, our Champion of the Month has been Kazuchika Okada. Despite a relatively quiet month as Champion - he did not defend his belt but was heavily involved in a storyline featuring his October challenger (EVIL) - Okada was still able to defeat his two nearest competitors, perhaps because the opposition was split between fans of Alexa Bliss and Dragon Gate's grizzled old Champion Masaaki Mochizuki. The latter drops out of the poll this month but has plenty scheduled for November.

:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - Okada opened October with a defense against the man who broke his winning streak for the year AND haunted him throughout September. EVIL's star seemed on the rise, but a rested Okada is different from one in the middle of an intense feud with Kenny Omega AND dealing with the G1 Climax. EVIL gave it his all and looked great doing it, but in the end Okada's dominance could not be denied and he cleared the final hurdle before Wrestle Kingdom in January. Of course, he still has Naito hunting him throughout rest of the year before their WK match to look forward to.

:alexa: Alexa Bliss (WWE Women's Champion) - While everybody was talking about Asuka, Alexa was focused on Mickie James who she'd enraged by calling an old lady. Mickie delivered great promos and the two worked extremely well together, but time and again Alexa came out on top. Her defeat of Mickie in the last Raw for the month seemed to solidify her position at the top of the Raw Women's Division. In November she has a Champion vs Champion match against Nattie scheduled, and of course Asuka looms above all else, but those are factors for another month.

:tipshat: Toni Storm (World of Stardom Champion) - Toni Storm and her wonderful little hat had a busy October but mostly fighting in other promotions. However she finished up October with a successful defense of both her Stardom AND SWA Undisputed World Women's Championship title at Stardom in Taipei City, defeating Bea Priestley.

:c00l: Johnny Mundo (FORMER Lucha Underground Champion) - Mundo's fabulously bad acting couldn't save him as Lucha Underground season 3 finally came to an end and his title vs career match against Prince Puma finally saw him meet his match. Run-ins galore saw his Worldwide Underground lackeys run-off by a multitude of supportive faces, and it came down to just Puma vs Mundo. A tremendously fun champion, but one whose time had come.

:haw: Chuck Taylor (FORMER PWG World Champion) - The same might not be said for Chuck Taylor. Winning the title in July, Taylor lost his first defense of the belt against Ricochet at PWG All Star Weekend 13. Ricochet, unusually working heel, cheated to win with a low blow and belt shot. Quick consultation saw the match restarted, and Taylor quickly removed the top ring rope to cut off Richochet's high flying moves. Ricochet went ahead and did them anyway, and after an extra 10+ minutes defeated Taylor, this time clean.

:eyepop: Prince Puma/Ricochet (Current PWG & FORMER LU Champion) - Upon winning the PWG title, Ricochet declared that the rumors weren't true and he would be sticking around on the Indies. However everybody but roque believes that he is WWE-bound and far sooner than later. Maybe this is why he's shifted to a heel role. But perhaps the reason is because after defeating Mundo for the Lucha Underground Championship, Dario Cueto announced one last surprise...

:miedo: Pentagon Dark (Lucha Underground Champion) - MI NOMBRE ES PENTAGON DARK! SOY AHORA EL NUEVO CAMPEÓN DE LUCHA UNDERGROUND! Y POR LO TANTO ESTE ES MI TEMPLO! Y LO REGULARÉ CON..... CERO MIEDO!

:protogas: Jinder Mahal (WWE Champion) - Jinder defeated Shinsuke Nakamura at the Hell in a Cell PPV, in a match that did not take place inside the titular Cell. The Singhs interfered, as they always do, and got kicked out. Then Jinder managed a ropebreak after a Kinshasa, Shinsuke ran into the ringpost, took the finisher and got pinned. By Jinder Mahal. Again. Jinder then set his sights on Brock Lesnar for Survivor Series in a Champ vs Champ match, and Paul Heyman delivered an astonishingly brutal promo against him. He spent the rest of the month clashing verbally with AJ Styles and sending the Singh Brothers after him, before ending the month with a beatdown on AJ after catching him from behind post-match.

:spergin: Cody Rhodes (ROH World Champion) - if you're only going to have one big title defense in a month, Cody got a good one. At the third night of the 4-day ROH/NJPW Global Wars event, Cody defeated KUSHIDA to retain his title. While KUSHIDA is "only" a Junior Heavyweight in New Japan he is widely considered one of the world's best wrestlers, and while everybody expected Cody to retain it is still a feather in the cap for himself and for ROH.

:ironicat: Nattie (Smackdown Women's Champion) - Nattie opened the month in a match at Hell in a Cell against Charlotte, and as she quickly realized she was getting her rear end beat she got herself intentionally disqualified. It was a lovely ending to not a particularly good match, however ever since then it's been a lot of fun to watch Nattie rub everybody else's noses in the fact that SHE is still their Champion.

Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) - Brock hasn't had a match since No Mercy in September, but has featured in the build for Survivor Series mostly by standing around while Paul Heyman verbally tore Jinder Mahal to pieces.

:shrug: Eli Drake (Impact World Heavyweight Champion) - Eli is the captain of a flooded but somehow still floating ship that keeps changing its name as it sails for a mythical promised land called Profitability. He has defended the title on different promotion's shows (including NOAH in Japan) while the show has suffered roster losses, falling ratings and allegations of the parent company Anthem not wanting to spend ANY money on it whatsoever. All that is outside of his control at least, and maybe those who still genuinely like TNA appreciate and like him as champion.

:itwaspoo: Viral Meningitis/These Champs Make Me Sick (None of the Above) - If WWE booking makes you sick, spare a thought for Viral Meningitis which helped make the TLC PPV into an incredibly enjoyable show. Or maybe you're just sick of all of these champs? In any case, a vote for this option is a vote for "None of the Above".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I voted for Viral Meningitis for giving us one of the best WWE matches of the year.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

For 6 of the 9 months

nice.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Putting in my strongest recommendation for Pentagon Dark, if only because it came so late and this is probably the last chance for a long time we'll ever get to vote for him.

:mmmsmug:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada - especially cause TNA tried to apologize to him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Putting in my strongest recommendation for Pentagon Dark, if only because it came so late and this is probably the last chance for a long time we'll ever get to vote for him.

:mmmsmug:

Or vote for Okada who won it about the same time but has actually done stuff with it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Vote for Chuck Taylor who called out one of his best friends(not trent) for the Warrior bullshit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Okada beat EVIL and got an apology from TNA. Champ of the year just for this month tbh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Or vote for Okada who won it about the same time but has actually done stuff with it.

It's real hard to ever get upset or angry about Okada getting the votes, because I mean, yeah, dude is the best wrestler on the planet. v:shobon:v

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

voet for dustin

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Let's 👏 Go 👏 Chuck 👏 Taylor 👏 You're 👏 The 👏 Best 👏 Wrestler 👏 In 👏 The 👏 World 👏 You're 👏 In 👏Way 👏Better 👏Shape 👏Than 👏 Okada!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Someone vote for chuck for me.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Change my vote for Chuck

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

YO gently caress RICOCHET CHUCKIE T IS GOD

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Not gonna pass up what might be my last chance to vote for Pentagon

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pentagon deserves it at least once. That championship was a long time coming.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Okada is great and all, but damnit Chuck Taylor might not be on here again! Chuck is loving fantastic, good character, facials, promos, matches- cast your vote for the man from Racoon City, the man of low moral fibre, 1/2 of the best friends, in way better shape than Seth Rollins, hater of orphans, looks good in a dress. What more could you ask for in your champion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFCtdBCz41U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5hK4IdC9dQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujw3wu0s76s

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 1, 2017

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
vote for viral meningitis

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't care if Brock is around every week or even every month, I enjoy Paul's promos and it's college football and NBA season and the World Series time, so the champion of the show I'm watching (if you can call DVRing through 80% of it "watching") is the one I'll vote for, even if it's only me.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cero miedo, motherfucker

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chuck Taylor is in the lead! Yay for Chuck Taylor!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem, if Viral Meningitis wins will you put an image of the virus or leave the section blank?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Voted meningitis

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Okada, deserves to be recognized for what will probably be his last successful defense in a record breaking title reign. He broke Hashimoto's single reign record in October and will surpass Tanahashi for longest combined right before the Dome.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

YO gently caress RICOCHET CHUCKIE T IS GOD

I was on mushrooms when I posted this but I stand by it

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

who are the clowns still voting for jinder

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

who are the clowns still voting for jinder

I obviously voted for Okada, but if I didn't and if I hadn't taken Pentagon as my second option, my third choice for my vote would have been him. At least he defended his belt. lolBrock

If Jinder beats Brock at Survivor Series, he gets my vote for the November thread :toxx:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I voted Alexa Bliss for solidly proving that Mickie James is, in fact, an old lady loser.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

These champions all suck and I voted accordingly, please close the poll as it is currently correct

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Need a drat 3 way tie with Chuckie, Okada, and Viral Meningitis.

actually no one else vote:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If you vote for anyone other than Pentagon you're shook as gently caress with miedo. Also as he would say: chinga tu putamadre

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

More like Pentagon Dork

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

actually no one else vote:

you loving monsters

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Voted for the real man's luchador, Pentagon Dark.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
It still amazes me that Chuck Taylor got a world title run in a reputable promotion. Not gonna vote for him, but amazed nonetheless.

Tempted to vote against Okada because everything should be EVIL right now, but proof that he was able to defeat EVIL despite EVERYTHING BEING EVIL shows just how good he is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wow this one is really close among the top 4, it could go any way.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

know that this "competition" is nothing more than what Okada asked for and he will win handily

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

More like Pentagon Dork

I hope you can function with one arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Will LU come off the poll after this month since it's dead now?

• Locked thread