Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought this like a year ago, but my computer sucked and i was playing m+kb. now my computer is good, and i'm playing with a controller.

it's very fun, and it has a good balance between progress over a session, and permanent progress as your upgrade your various items. this is definitely some of the best sidescrolling combat in one of these games that i've played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hm. Yeah, well. This game was the indie darling of Rediscover, a well-known complete dipshit rear end in a top hat. So you know. Good luck OP.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my idea of side scrolling combat is like ... gradius. or maybe mario with a fire flower

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Hm. Yeah, well. This game was the indie darling of Rediscover, a well-known complete dipshit rear end in a top hat. So you know. Good luck OP.

thank you

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
It would be a good game without the roguelite bull poo poo .

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think there's an update coming in the next few days with a ton of stuff and a reworked progression system.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821859 :reallymakesyouthink:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

i tried to bump this thread, but it was archived, despite only being on the third page of the forums.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll buy this when it's out of early access

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its fun and I like how it feels, its pretty bare and unbalanced atm tho. maybe ill play it again once it releases and has more stuff

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squeezy Farm posted:

It would be a good game without the roguelite bull poo poo .

tbh, that's how i feel about almost every game in the genre, except for gungeon and spelunky

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i tried to bump this thread, but it was archived, despite only being on the third page of the forums.

this forum only gets like 2 new threads a month lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

trying to jack off posted:

this forum only gets like 2 new threads a month lol

one for each imp

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I think threads have about 2 1/2 months before getting auto archived. It’s dumb

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think threads have about 2 1/2 months before getting auto archived. It’s dumb

Wish it was a page number instead... or the time should be longer for here

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 2, 2017

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
If you don't unlock the lovely items you'll get more good item spawns.

Of course you have to unlock the items to know if they're lovely or not

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'll buy this when it's out of early access
yeah same. it does sound good but I'm not buying an early access game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
probably not a bad idea to wait, but i'm liking it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its a bad sign when i dont want to unlock new items because they will just make the chances of finding the obvious god combos lower, i hope they address this eventually

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Bob and Rediscover love this, so you know it’s a must buy.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
for what it's worth, it has bloodborne style rally

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the combat/movement in this game feels incredibly good and satisfying but theres not really enough stuff in the game right now to justify a purchase is my thoughts, months after the last time i played this. dead cells has a lot of potential, i just wish there was more game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Liquid Drink posted:

Bob and Rediscover love this, so you know it’s a must buy.

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i almost beat the imperfect one just now, but he got me on his last sliver of health. it is sort of bullshit that it has bosses where you memorize attack animations, but it takes ~15 minutes to get to them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

my idea of side scrolling combat is like ... gradius. or maybe mario with a fire flower

what aboutt viewtiful joe

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this game might be good if it wasn't proc gen and had real levels and didn't have that hideous neon fake retro look that a lot of indie games seem to be going for. but it's probably bad becasue of those two reasons,

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

this game might be good if it wasn't proc gen and had real levels and didn't have that hideous neon fake retro look that a lot of indie games seem to be going for. but it's probably bad becasue of those two reasons,

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

What's worse is that they cargo culted it into the game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cobalt Viper posted:

interesting point

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ah, they autochtotinously reified the cargo cultification into the modcius vidgamicus, ergo id est quid pro quo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cobalt Viper posted:

Ah yes. Furthermore,

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

ah, they autochtotinously reified the cargo cultification into the modcius vidgamicus, ergo id est quid pro quo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Ah yes. Furthermore,

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sorry I was trying to quote the games dude who hated the visual style of hollow knight but couldn't remember the exact post.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i googled this game, saw the word 'roguevania,' moved on to something else

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ah yes, gentrified lootboxes indicative of late stage capitalism as a means to ostensibly crateshame the proletariat for the win.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

interesting point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ah yes, gentrified lootboxes indicative of late stage capitalism as a means to ostensibly crateshame the proletariat for the win.

lmfao

• Locked thread