Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
west ham is going down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Mirallas and Schneiderlin were dropped for the Watford match because Duncan Ferguson said they should just go inside if they weren't going to take training seriously so they did lol

edit: lol

https://twitter.com/sdouglas80/status/927516258555265025

Regarding the Mirallas/Schneiderlin story...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/06/morgan-schneiderlin-kevin-mirallas-everton-training

And some more dirt from an Everton forum:

The People's Forum posted:

This is what has happened.

Everton have a thing in place where kids who get injured while at Everton and can't play are given a fast track to get into coaching. Unsworth as part of his ethos allows these kids to take 20 minutes or so of training a day. He does this to give them a chance and its a great boost for them.

Anyway he does this on Saturday morning and rather than listen to the kids Kevin and Morgan arse about. This leads to them being split up in training into two teams. Instead of taking part kevin and morgan decide to do the soccer am 'crossbar challenge'. When pulled up on this by duncan he tells them you either respect the club or fcukoff. At this morgan tells him to stick it as does mirallas who 'won't be told what to do by anyone'- he was like this with moyes martinez and Koeman. He also dumps his bib. they are then told to turn up anyway tomorrow for the game- neither does. Neither will play again for Everton.

Mirallas has been dropped by 4 different managers from what I recall. Maybe they should just sell him.

This seems like new behavior from Schneiderlin, though.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Martinez as manager of Belgium becomes that much funnier, too

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo steps down with Monaco keen

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Brony Car posted:

Mirallas has been dropped by 4 different managers from what I recall. Maybe they should just sell him.

They should both have to fight Duncan Ferguson in the Thunderdome to escape the club

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RideTheSpiral posted:

west ham is going down

West Ham are going down.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Getting David Moyes in order to inject enthusiasm, HAHAHA.

Lmao @ West Ham

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
moyes couldn't even keep sunderland up with a full season in the job

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
apparently they went for ancelotti first

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

vyelkin posted:

moyes couldn't even keep sunderland up with a full season in the job

crazy considering how good that squad and club management was

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

crazy considering how good that squad and club management was

for all that they were a poo poo team and club in every way, they hadn't been relegated for like 10 years but davey moyes he managed it

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

vyelkin posted:

for all that they were a poo poo team and club in every way, they hadn't been relegated for like 10 years but davey moyes he managed it

Every year it came closer and closer, Moyes is mental but the best manager in the world couldn't have kept that team up. West Ham feel a bit like that now. Their fans are all retarded so the dildo brothers should appoint the "Spirit of '66" and put up pictures of Hurst Moore and Peters along with bulldogs and spitfires and a Wizard of Oz style giant floating hologram secretly being operated from the top of that lovely sculpture by Allardicio

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

fat gay nonce posted:

Every year it came closer and closer, Moyes is mental but the best manager in the world couldn't have kept that team up. West Ham feel a bit like that now. Their fans are all retarded so the dildo brothers should appoint the "Spirit of '66" and put up pictures of Hurst Moore and Peters along with bulldogs and spitfires and a Wizard of Oz style giant floating hologram secretly being operated from the top of that lovely sculpture by Allardicio

The only flaw in this plan is that Allardicio wouldn't go for anything that doesn't boost his own ego, and Gold and Sullivan would never pay a manager Sam's going rate.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
wonder how relegation would fit into the Olympic Stadium’s budget lmao

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Reprisal posted:

give the stadium to a good east London team

Millwall

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brony Car posted:

Generally poor attitude to training would explain the damp firework that was his career at United, however.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

RideTheSpiral posted:

give the stadium to a good east London team

Millwall

Give it to Leyton Orient at least they are close

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

fat gay nonce posted:

Give it to Leyton Orient at least they are close

imagine giving a world class massive new stadium to a team that can’t even play football league quality. so yes they should give it to orient instead

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

im glad bilic is gone because he obviously wasnt going to turn this sesason around but im real mad that moyes is there instead because hes very much worse in every way

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Reprisal posted:

very carefully

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Fellaini is suing New Balance because their boots are trash lol

He claims the New Balance boots he wore as part of an endorsement deal caused him "loss of enjoyment, inconvenience and impact on performance" and is asking for 2.1 million pounds

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Reprisal posted:

Why would a business failing through gross incompetence stop them getting massive amounts of taxpayer money thrown at them? As long as they can afford to grease tory palms they're golden.

TheBigAristotle posted:

He claims the New Balance boots he wore as part of an endorsement deal caused him "loss of enjoyment, inconvenience and impact on performance" and is asking for 2.1 million pounds

Did he stick them on his feet or his elbows?

Strawman fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 7, 2017

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheBigAristotle posted:

lol what a little baby

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
he needs to have a seat in the newb chair

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nothing funny about this. Very important to have appropriate footwear.

During my formative teenage years I was lured by a comely older woman shoeshop girl into choosing Velcro school shoes instead of lace ups. The resulting ridicule with other kids constantly noisily unvelcroing them at the quiet bits in assembly definitely impacted on my performance at GCSE and set me up as the inconvienient adult I am today. Hope he gets his million quid.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Oh wow Moyes to West Ham is actually happening.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Can't believe that West Ham fans aren't more positive about being managed by someone who won division 2 seventeen years ago.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
poor old zaba

poor old joe

:smith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at the state of moyes transfers at sunderland

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/07/west-ham-david-moyes-sunderland-ellis-short

quote:

Moyes’ summer spend for Sunderland in 2016
Victor Anichebe (free agent, former Moyes player – Everton)

Adnan Januzaj (Man Utd, loan, former Moyes player)

Paddy McNair (Man Utd, £4.5m, former Moyes)

Donald Love (Man Utd, £1.5m, former Moyes)

Steven Pienaar (free agent, former Moyes – Everton)

Papy Djilobodji (Chelsea, £8m)

Didier Ndong (Lorient £13.6m)

Jason Denayer (Manchester City loan)

Javier Manquillo (Atlético Madrid, loan)

January 2017
Joleon Lescott (free agent, former Moyes – Everton)

Darron Gibson (Everton, former Moyes)

Bryan Oviedo (Everton, former Moyes)

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

love ndong

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The guy who organised the protest before the Brighton game got a banning order through the post this morning.

Scum club.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
David Moyes is bad but West Ham have some alright players and if he can vaguely organise a defence he’ll do better than Bilic.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

peanut- posted:

David Moyes is bad but West Ham have some alright players and if he can vaguely organise a defence he’ll do better than Bilic.

he cant op

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

peanut- posted:

if you read that article it doesn't sound good then

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
West Ham have actually gone and done it. Enjoy the relegation.

There was a poll on a WH forum on who they wanted between Moyes and loving Pardew and Pardew got 95% of the votes :newlol:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

PirateBob posted:

West Ham have actually gone and done it. Enjoy the relegation.

There was a poll on a WH forum on who they wanted between Moyes and loving Pardew and Pardew got 95% of the votes :newlol:

Most of that would’ve been Pardew voting though

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Pardew would've been fine for a season before he hosed all the players' wives and lost the dressing room.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'm entirely okay with Moyes heading there. Bye, West Ham.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/927830443365425152

Enthusiasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Can’t wait to see good old davey moyes screaming his heart on the sideline when west ham score a consolation goal :unsmith:

• Locked thread