Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
:siren:2017 SUBMISSION:siren:

It's a meditation on the commercialization of Christmas and the stress that buying gifts for everyone you know brings. As well as a small aside on the tendancy of the marketing departments of companies to see people as merely numbers and products unto themselves. It is all held together by a glue of hypnagogic pop/vaporwave in the tradition of "Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing".

Its alternate title is "Panic Attack at the Galleria on Christmas Eve".

By the way, I have no real musical training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

jennyinstereo posted:

Where can I listen to previous albums/songs?
Glad you asked! This year, my husband decided to forgo actually doing work at his job and instead, put together this nifty site that has EVERYTHING!

https://saxmas.robotcousin.com/

It has tracks sorted by year, and has a zip file for everything submitted so far. OR you can download a given album on its own. OR, you can right-click on a track in the media player on a page, open it in a new tab, and just hear that song, send the link to someone else (it's not fancy, but it works), OR download the single track right there. Options! Options everywhere!
Holy poo poo you are amazing. Playing ho ho ho it's christmas time until my wife starts beating me is a holiday tradition, now I have so many more songs to play!

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

Ok, I've finished up the lyrics to Goon Aid 2017. I'm going to let them cook a couple of days to see if any better turns of phrase come along, cause there's some weird consonant stressing going on in some of these lines.

After that, I'll start sending out PMs, starting with the peeps from last year.

If you have PMs and were not in last year's group let me know that you want to join in.
If you don't have PMs and want to join in, just let me know in the thread, like with an email or something

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Kruxy posted:

Ok, I've finished up the lyrics to Goon Aid 2017. I'm going to let them cook a couple of days to see if any better turns of phrase come along, cause there's some weird consonant stressing going on in some of these lines.

If you have PMs and were not in last year's group let me know that you want to join in.
If you don't have PMs and want to join in, just let me know in the thread, like with an email or something

I dont really know what this is but I want in. send me a PM

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I dont really know what this is but I want in. send me a PM

Last year's Goon Aid was something special. That's about all I can say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftNq5A_TT-E

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Tindeck still using Adobe Flash in TYOOL 2017.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Kruxy posted:

I'm in.

arseballs
Nov 12, 2016

Adnachiel posted:

:siren:2017 SUBMISSION:siren:

It's a meditation on the commercialization of Christmas and the stress that buying gifts for everyone you know brings. As well as a small aside on the tendancy of the marketing departments of companies to see people as merely numbers and products unto themselves. It is all held together by a glue of hypnagogic pop/vaporwave in the tradition of "Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing".

Its alternate title is "Panic Attack at the Galleria on Christmas Eve".

By the way, I have no real musical training.

Disturbing, surreal and festive. I love it!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Splicer posted:

Holy poo poo you are amazing. Playing ho ho ho it's christmas time until my wife starts beating me is a holiday tradition, now I have so many more songs to play!

I had my kids learn that one a few years ago and it's the only thing I really look forward to: setting them loose on family with that song, weaponized.

It really is the best. Plus everyone that thinks they want to hear Xmas music when they ride with me gets it on repeat. They should know the rules of radio by now.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Not to get anyone's hopes up, but this year, I'm working on something that can best be describe as a horrible wall of sound/schlager music.

It's really to do. Just turn the reverb up on everything and make it sound really bright. So, I guess what I'm saying is be prepared.

Thankfully, I'm not doing another 8 minute song.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cemetry Gator posted:

Thankfully, I'm not doing another 8 minute song.

Hey, that was a very good Christmas party.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Thank you for inviting me!

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
It has come again. Time to fire up the ole Saxophone I guess. Or maybe I'll just fake it with FL because it's much less work.

edit: I think Tindeck waits around for this every year for the boost in ad revenue.

Lifepuzzler fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 8, 2017

Rascal_Rockhog
Dec 4, 2011

Now, that's a nice post
:siren: 2017 SUBMISSION :siren:

The Rockhogs - A Hole in the Ground
https://soundcloud.com/user-712653627/the-rockhogs-a-hole-in-the-ground

I was only a little drunk when I made this.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rascal_Rockhog posted:

:siren: 2017 SUBMISSION :siren:

The Rockhogs - A Hole in the Ground
https://soundcloud.com/user-712653627/the-rockhogs-a-hole-in-the-ground

I was only a little drunk when I made this.

I love it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm going to start my official listing /cataloguing of these tracks tomorrow while I'm at work (:smug:) but so far, excellent submissions. How many do we have now, 5? And it's only Nov 8th? An excellent start.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
:siren: 2017 Submission:siren:
I, Greyhound "What Meow is This"
Should be all fixed with Soundcloud meow.

I've had this one rattling around in my head for the last two years, and can't tell if this is funny stupid or just regular stupid, so let me know please.

If for some reason you want an ultra-high quality FLAC 2000Mbit version, drop me a PM, though the backing is a YouTube track run through an online audio converter, and the singing was recorded with a call of duty headset which a dog once chewed on.

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 13, 2017

arseballs
Nov 12, 2016
Can someone make a song about this?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Normally I get annoyed with how early the buildup to Christmas begins, but this thread makes me feel a lot better about it every year.
Goon bless us, everyone.

e:

Kruxy posted:

2017 SUBMISSION

Christmas in America!

Rupert: I PMed you a link to an uncompressed AIFF

This is what Christmas is all about, great job.

sout fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 9, 2017

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

This story seems appropriate for us in one way or another.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Two posts up, my dude.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’d like for there to be a song about the Augmented Order of Real Bearded Santas saga, as documented in the This American Life episode ‘Scenes From a Mall’.

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

I Greyhound posted:

:siren: 2017 Submission:siren:

I've had this one rattling around in my head for the last two years, and can't tell if this is funny stupid or just regular stupid, so let me know please.

If for some reason you want an ultra-high quality FLAC 2000Mbit version, drop me a PM, though the backing is a YouTube track run through an online audio converter, and the singing was recorded with a call of duty headset which a dog once chewed on.

My system can't play the MP3. It keeps failing to open. :(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Tindeck is slowly dying and in many cases files get corrupted. Reuploading usually helps, so check if the file plays before sharing. Or upload to somewhere else.

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
I redid a previous submission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzpGmdy05ko

I am tempted to do another but would need to ask if anyone is up for remixing/mastering the end result as I seriously have no idea what I doing.

WhyZodiac fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 9, 2017

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

2017 Submission

Let me know if there's any issue with the mix. At this point, it sounds... like a Christmas song? I'm not sure.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Kruxy posted:

looking forward to it, was in last years but only a little.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I sincerely love the submissions so far. You guys are killing me.

My cold is behind me, so hopefully I can do some recording this weekend without sounding like a stuffed-up frog.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Kruxy posted:

My system can't play the MP3. It keeps failing to open. :(

I'm away from my recording computer this weekend so I will check on this on Sunday.

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

BSam posted:

looking forward to it, was in last years but only a little.

that's one of the reasons I added more stanzas this year. Give everyone more of a chance to shine. The short length of last year's song made for a crowded piece. This one should breathe more easily.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

2017 SUBMISSION

This is terrible. I'm sorry.

It's also my first ever submission. This was nerve wracking to make the decision to actually upload and share this.

Here it is on Soundcloud also, since tindeck isn't working (that might be good in this case...lol)
https://soundcloud.com/pbandawesome/devil-went-to-the-north-pole

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 10, 2017

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I haven't been able to listen or download the last few songs, but the earlier ones seem to still be working. Will this be our last Tindeck Christmas?

By the way, I forgot to mention it in my initial post but I uploaded a Wav version of Christmas Convoy as well as an MP3 if that's needed. The Wav version should be second from the top on my Tindeck profile and seems to still be working. If Tindeck ate it I can also send it via email.

Grammarchist fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 10, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

It's also my first ever submission. This was nerve wracking to make the decision to actually upload and share this.

This might be considered nit-picky, but if this is an official submission, please follow the OP and edit your post with 2017 SUBMISSION. The main reason now is that I'm not at my main computer right now and will have to go back through the posts to round up everyone's music, and I sincerely don't want to miss ANYTHING. I do this for you guys. :glomp: Sorry it's a pain, but it really helps me out. Eventually I end up with almost 90 tracks, so organization is essential.

That bring said THANK YOU for submitting! I'm looking forward to not being on my phone and actually listening to it! :toot:

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Grammarchist posted:

I haven't been able to listen or download the last few songs, but the earlier ones seems to still be working. Will this be our last Tindeck Christmas?

:same:

Canned Panda, my system won't play your song either :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kruxy posted:

:same:

Canned Panda, my system won't play your song either :(

There's a weird flash thing happening with Tindeck, but can you download and play them?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

It would play for me through tindeck earlier when I uploaded it, now it won't.

Added a soundcloud link to my original post.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Canned Panda posted:

2017 SUBMISSION

Here it is on Soundcloud also, since tindeck isn't working (that might be good in this case...lol)
https://soundcloud.com/pbandawesome/devil-went-to-the-north-pole

It was worth the wait, Canned Panda. This is awesome.

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There's a weird flash thing happening with Tindeck, but can you download and play them?

I can download them, but they don't play.

I took a listen to my song and even though it downloaded and played just fine when I uploaded it, now it cuts off about halfway through the song after downloading it.

So with that in mind, I posted a Youtube video of the song to my original post Go check it out, it has moving pictures now.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Grammarchist posted:

It was worth the wait, Canned Panda. This is awesome.

Thanks! At least I know someone liked it...lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Honestly, Tindeck has been a broken piece of crap when I've tried to use it for years. I don't notice anything different now :v:

Doctor Dogballs posted:

2017 submission.
Sure to infuriate everyone.

Also, I love this

• Locked thread