Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Is there a reason Bruce Wayne never served? Shouldn't he have volunteered to serve his country in WW2 or even back then was he given a pass because he was a rich dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Sure, but that's Batman! I mean Bruce Wayne.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
That makes me think of the truly excellent Berlin comic. I have the first two trades, did the third ever come out?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Gavok posted:

So here's one of the longest articles I've ever written: The 100 Best Marvel What If Moments.

It was tabled for a few months because it isn't exactly topical, but it took a lot out of me when I finished that son of a bitch.

What If the Punisher Killed Daredevil? (1991)

Kurt Busiek and Luke McDonnell

The summary reads more like a Garth Ennis script than Busiek--I'm assuming maybe the tone isn't as bleak as your summary makes it out to be?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Your posts are wonderful, please keep them going!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Covok posted:

I'm reading more and more of the original Icon and Static and these comics are pretty good. Why does nobody ever talk about these series? The original ones, I mean?

I've never even heard of them before. Can you give a rundown?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
What's so bad about Austen's run? Any choice panels that demonstrate its terribleness?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's a whole Little Lit thing Art Spiegelmen and Francois Mouly do that's designed for kids. There's one about folk tales, one called "It was a Dark and Silly Night" and "Strange Stories for Strange Kids".

They edited a Treasury of Childrens' Comics as well, which I really liked, but it's more a historical look at the classics--I'm not sure if it was designed for actual modern kids to enjoy, though I don't see why they couldn't.

Though I guess the above aren't really what you were asking about--I would think there should be plenty of age appropriate books starring whatever superhero they want, especially ones that have been in movies recently. At least, I would hope Marvel has been publishing an all ages Iron Man book to coincide with the Iron Man films.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok last time I'm going to bug everyone about this, but I'm going to draw names tonight so last chance to dive in. Feel free to Pm me with any questions if you're on the fence.

I signed up!

It should be a lot of fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Samuringa posted:

Why would anyone read any comic made before 2005

Why would anyone read any comic made after 2005?

• Locked thread