Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
"wheres my fuckin snow at??" -tim taylor aka the santa clause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Saalkin posted:

When we still had a radio playing at work Tim Allen would always be on the ads shilling for Michigan trying to get us to visit. Felt really disparate. Like he'd suck our dicks if we went.

he would

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Rambling Robot posted:

I never like the show. How about that, OP?

I don't like that at all!

Who What Now posted:

It's easily better than Ohio and Wisconsin combined. But that's a low bar to clear.

Madison sucks, but Middleton is pretty cool imo

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
It was pretty fine if really cliched. It gets bonus points in retrospect by the characters actually caring for each other and tim being mainly just an idiot instead of an idiotic rear end in a top hat like everyone in the loving awful raymond show.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Magius1337est posted:

Does anyone else think a threes company remake for millenials would be appropriate? We're all apartment dwellers nowadays anyways.

I think these days, pretending to be gay (instead of just actually being gay) would probably get you lynched, regardless of whether you were doing it to be funny or not.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

I think these days, pretending to be gay (instead of just actually being gay) would probably get you lynched, regardless of whether you were doing it to be funny or not.

Is that really the most problematic part of the show? I remember it being pretty open for its time.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Magius1337est posted:

I'm actually surprised at how a modern show like modern family is going to seem more timeless in the future, I can't really think of any fallings on pop culture references in the show

Season 1 has an episode where Phil makes a huge deal about getting a gen 1 iPad on release day.

Which dates it, but not really because there’s always gonna be that guy

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Pablum for the masses.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

fruit on the bottom posted:

Season 1 has an episode where Phil makes a huge deal about getting a gen 1 iPad on release day.

Which dates it, but not really because there’s always gonna be that guy

What's really gonna date it is the adoption of an asian baby instead of whatever the next trendy ethnicity for white couples to save will be.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I feel the OP hasn't addressed the fact that this show was hot garbage compared to Married... With Children. Which really is the greatest sitcom made, unlike home improvement.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

quote:

I've never seen a single episode of "Home Improvement" however the impression this video has left, is that it's about a severely disabled man trying to integrate into society.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The best thing I can say about this show, other than how Tim Allen's comedic timing is the only thing that saves some of the jokes, is that it actually had a really good boardgame to go along with it. I was never huge into the show as a kid, though I watched it, and got the game one year and was immediately disappointed, thinking 'oh god, I don't like the show THAT much'. However, after actually playing it, it's drat fun. Sure, it's licensed as hell and is filled with way too many references, but the actual idea is solid. So solid, that I was always amazed that such a good game could come from a show like that.

Then I learned of Handyman, which is the generic game that the HI boardgame is based on.

It should be re-released (the original, not the HI-licensed version), because it's really loving fun.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Timb,"
Arr?
"I have been meening to talk 2 you about this
Rrrr
"I'm pregnats'
oooo?
"It's Somics."
OOOOOOOOOOO!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ed o'neill is an american treasure plus he knows brazilian jiu-jitsu so he could take tim allen in a fight nbd

tim allen clings to all things seemingly masculine because he is a scrawny twink bitch

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Never seen it before but this thread made me watch the first episode. IT was kinda funny its too bad sitcoms are unbearable.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Percelus posted:

ed o'neill is an american treasure plus he knows brazilian jiu-jitsu so he could take tim allen in a fight nbd

tim allen clings to all things seemingly masculine because he is a scrawny twink bitch

how much cred do you get for going to prison but how much is taken away for snitching

like. . .man he was facing a lot of time, he must have given up some valuable people to only get 2 years instead of longer.

i wonder if they are angry he's worth 80 million CUZ HE SNITCHED ON THEM

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Peace de Bundy posted:

how much cred do you get for going to prison but how much is taken away for snitching

like. . .man he was facing a lot of time, he must have given up some valuable people to only get 2 years instead of longer.

i wonder if they are angry he's worth 80 million CUZ HE SNITCHED ON THEM

there is a goon who vandalized a stupid loving video game statue in iceland and then made it back home safely to canada but under harsh interrogation over the phone ended up snitching on all his accomplices

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Percelus posted:

there is a goon who vandalized a stupid loving video game statue in iceland and then made it back home safely to canada but under harsh interrogation over the phone ended up snitching on all his accomplices

to this day he doesn't properly conceive what a cowardly sack of poo poo he is

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The best thing I can say about this show, other than how Tim Allen's comedic timing is the only thing that saves some of the jokes, is that it actually had a really good boardgame to go along with it. I was never huge into the show as a kid, though I watched it, and got the game one year and was immediately disappointed, thinking 'oh god, I don't like the show THAT much'. However, after actually playing it, it's drat fun. Sure, it's licensed as hell and is filled with way too many references, but the actual idea is solid. So solid, that I was always amazed that such a good game could come from a show like that.

Then I learned of Handyman, which is the generic game that the HI boardgame is based on.

It should be re-released (the original, not the HI-licensed version), because it's really loving fun.

A friend of mine had this game and we played it a few times, it's pretty fun actually and for some reason Wilson turns into a massive dick and uses every chance to gently caress you over

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Percelus posted:

lmao the EVE Online one? I read that it was vandalized but I had no idea it was done by a goon.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I mean I had assumed

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orT63L9ouUg

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i dunno man home improvement is a pretty dire unfunny piece of garbage in my opinion

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Percelus posted:

to this day he doesn't properly conceive what a cowardly sack of poo poo he is

lol@ the idea of iceland trying to extradite a canadian nerd over a statue

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like when they caught the oldest son smoking the reefer

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Also Dave Chappelle and Jim Breuer appeared on an episode and were so popular they got their own show but the network execs canned Breuer and replaced him with some other cracker and the show tanked lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

haljordan posted:

Also Dave Chappelle and Jim Breuer appeared on an episode and were so popular they got their own show but the network execs canned Breuer and replaced him with some other cracker and the show tanked lol

Hearing Jim Breuer on Howard Stern has made me a huge fan of his.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Magius1337est posted:

Is that really the most problematic part of the show? I remember it being pretty open for its time.

Not the original Three's Company; I'm just saying if you tried to remake it today using the same premise as the original, SJWs would pour out of the woodwork to crucify you for daring to "appropriate" gay culture.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Not the original Three's Company; I'm just saying if you tried to remake it today using the same premise as the original, SJWs would pour out of the woodwork to crucify you for daring to "appropriate" gay culture.

Why would you need to claim to be gay? We've learned that you can just not gently caress. If anything the show would be too boring.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

in high school we used to get real baked after school and put this show on. one time we smoked a huge blunt and the episode was the one where jill's dad dies (i dont even know if it was supposed to be funny) and it was a huge bummer

well, that's my tool time story

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hearing Jim Breuer on Howard Stern has made me a huge fan of his.

why whats he say

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

why whats he say

Go listen :colbert:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Percelus posted:

don't forget a snitch.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

why whats he say

he's just a funny dude who does good impressions of Norm MacDonald and Dave Chappelle.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tim the "drop a dime on all my dudes and ruin their lives forever" Taylor

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Percelus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wVlZX6Bw9E

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Home Improvement 2017 would be Tim is famous thanks to his on his Youtube page where he doesn't understand that he's popular because he's hurting himself.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

JediTalentAgent posted:

Home Improvement 2017 would be Tim is famous thanks to his on his Youtube page where he doesn't understand that he's popular because he's hurting himself.

tim allen should just full dennis miller but instead of lovely conservative comedy by way of esoteric references it's lovely conservative comedy by way of grunting

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It was good until the kids became teenagers and they started having very special episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
tim allen could have gotten life for his coke enterprise under michigan law, but he pled under the federal law and only did a little time. or maybe it was the other way around.

his real last name is Dick.

do the math.

• Locked thread