Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay okay okay

I finally watched Joanna’s open workout

She produces more power than anyone I’ve ever seen close to her size except maybe for Bruce loving Lee and she seems to be getting better. She’s special. I love Rose to death and hope I’m wrong but that fight is going to be brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Trast posted:

Her moving to ATT seems to have really upped her game compared to being at a much smaller gym back in Poland.

Someone or some combo of people there definitely figured out how to tighten up her entire skill set. I haven’t watched the embedded but I’m sure there’s good stuff in those. As far as I can tell she’s as good mentally as she is physically so a loss wouldn’t likely see her Rondaing but rather coming back 10x more focused.

I’m glad the general mma fans are catching on and talking about her more. Where she lacks in her English and typical charisma she comes through being scary as poo poo.

If she’s going to drop one to anyone though Rose is my #1 preference tbh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

El Roncho posted:

Is anyone else waiting with bated breath to see if Johny can fail to make 185 again?

I feel the most intense second hand miserable embarrassing sadness every time and I’m ready for the 50th time

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Triticum Guzzler posted:

JEsus christ her face produces more power than anyone I've ever seen except for maybe Keith loving Jardine

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey So you know she’s had like 20 fights and never hurt anyone during any of them. Just btw

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tiny polish super villain owns bones

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Has there ever been any ~epo chatter around 38 year old infinite gas tank Mike Bisping?

He doesn’t carry a ton of muscle to slow him down and seems to have really good conditioning. It’s not all that crazy to me. Doesn’t blow his adrenaline load quick nowadays either.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t even remember anything about the Thompson/Masvidal fight

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The thought of SA shutting down makes me feel miserable and sad.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Conor stuff is really loving lame. He’s smart enough to realize how weak he looks doing that kind of thing. Mental game 0/10 get ya poo poo together boy

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rogan is an entertaining insane goof who seems genuine and passionate about the things he talks about even when they’re obnoxious

Corgan made some good albums and has been a dumb piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat since

Rogan wins

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bundt Cake posted:

dont get me wrong i think they both have some talent

but theyre so dumb

Rogan seems like a Henry Rollins type if Henry starting doing shrooms and spending all day thinking about being mauled my chimpanzees

That’s p cool tho imo

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Stipe needs to fight soon I wanna watch him sleep fat dudes more often

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

vaginal facsimile posted:

He looks normal to me

Yeah

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Boomerang attacks in 2017 is intensely my poo poo

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I hope Rose mauls her again tbh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dogbrisket posted:

Same. gently caress Joanna

I don’t want to be that harsh since I’ve been a long time fan. Her whole vicious intense beast woman thing didn’t hold up though. She’s hard to take completely seriously with how she has handled the post loss stuff. Better than making GBS threads in the woods and turd marrying but still lame.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Captain Log posted:

How has she been lame since losing? Everyone gets sparked eventually.

In line with her usual demeanor she shouldn’t have gone down the “I didn’t tap” and “the belt is always mine!” route. Comes off as whiny :shrug:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jerusalem posted:

Gustafson is the guy who put up the best effort against roided up cokefiend Jon Jones, right?

If you’re not familiar with Gus, pleaaase go check out some highlight videos asap. He rules. Definitely one of my favorite fighters. Also he has super cute dogs.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love Conor but unless you’re dana white’s bank account irl (name change plz) he hasn’t been good for anything unless you like the reality tv side of the mma media more than the usual dumb outside of the cage stuff. He has maybe made things slightly better for some guys trying to get paid but in general I don’t see it. Conor owns but I’m not fooling myself into thinking he has made things better for viewers outside of his own fights.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I don’t see the “bad” here. He’s made the company a ton of money and brought more attention to the sport.

This is good no doubt but it’s more of a weird awesome to watch bandaid than a fix like UFC needs. I don’t hate it though. Honestly. I just don’t see Conor as some savior who innovated and changed MMA for the better.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

El Roncho posted:

Might you have a much needed fix in mind for the ailing UFC?

tbh no, and that’s why I like Conor and don’t complain too much

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It’s fight pass only right?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nierbo posted:

I have no idea why roxy is still even fighting at this point. Her green belt in japanese jiu jitsu or whatever just doesnt cut it

Because she’s good and fun and nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I religiously watch every Overeem fight no matter what

• Locked thread