Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Memento posted:

So what weight do they run Mighty Mouse vs. TJ at?

125 for the belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I got the poll correct

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Worst card of the year, this sport has fail aids, I'm going to watch league of legends.

[Trailing off voice] No, please, stay...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bisping was always good and still is hth

Nope

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Perfect snipe, I'm not editing it

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bundt Cake posted:

Is gsp really gonna fight whittaker... yikes...

Sounded almost like he wanted to go back to Welter but who knows.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

willie_dee posted:

Conor vs Gsp at 170 would be really cool.

Nope

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

You think that maybe a guy who effortlessly outwrestled an olympian, a member of team alpha male and a Sambo champion might have improved in 7 years. Maybe, you dunno. He wasn't an elite anything at that point in his career. It was his first fight at a venue that wasn't also a waffle stand.

Brad Pickett is actually a solid wrestler, symptomatic of the magical place that was the WEC, where British guys could wrestle and Japanese fighters had really great title fights instead of just being depressing drunks.

A. Pettis, Bendo, Cruz and Cerrone were all on the Main Card of WEC 53. What a magical card that was.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

If the forums die I'll be on IRC more and we'll figure out something.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

#mma on synirc has a strict no kevens rule. if your name is keven and you're not the churd champ, then stay out

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

bisping flying to china on a 3 week turnaround after getting choked out is insane. go bisping, gently caress that fat stoner up

If only a bad outcome could be forseen...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

He's main event in a card on Saturday

Wonder what this does for the weight cut

Handcuffs only weight about 10-12 ounces, so it shouldn't matter much at the 265 pound weight class.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

No one cares about the WMMA CyborgWeight belt.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

We should be welcoming to new posters, Lowtax needs the

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Gustafson is the guy who put up the best effort against roided up cokefiend Jon Jones, right?

Yup!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

and yet you believe Fedor is the GOAT?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

To me, if you have swastikas tattooed on your knees then sherdog Nazi rankings are kind of immaterial

Anyway I don't know how reputable the sports business journal is but they say Fox is prepared to make a 200 million a year offer but WME wants 450 million a year, which is a pretty big gulf

The UFC can't go back to Spike The Paramount Network, so who do they have to play off FOX, ESPN? USA has WWE, so I doubt they would make an offer. Will some Mystery Channel like MTV (LOL) make a bid? Could you imagine?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

NBC is interested.

I almost mentioned them, don't they have some smaller show on already?

e: WSoF is on NBC Sports, and they have a regional network setup now that the Comcast Sports Nets are all rebranded. Hmmm.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

WSOF rebranded ages ago friend. If you had to decide between that and UFC, what are you going to pick?

Oh duh, UFC, but would they make an offer that WME might consider? It would be sad if the UFC wasn't able to get a good TV deal.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

chaleski posted:

Serra relentlessly mocking Hughes was so great

"You look like you're taking a tinkle, rear end in a top hat"

Matt Serra Rules.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

SquirrelGrip posted:

Whittaker/gsp, kelvin/yoel, and ahh Bisping vs jacare in the uk

Need Chris in there too somewhere.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Thanks for posting this, I needed it a while ago...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

UFC DEC: All I want for Xmas is a Conor Title Defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

I'm very excited for the fights tomorrow

But there's a title fight tonight!

• Locked thread