Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I think GSP was a better fighter in his prime than Bisping ever has been but I think Georges is fallen pretty far off and will be considerably undersized in this fight, so I am not picking him to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Auron posted:

bisping is old and doesn't have a knee anymore. He will attempt to cheat but is going to lose in spectacular fashion. Luke Rockhold will go on twitter and say things

GSP is 36 and has had three acl surgeries on both sides

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Auron posted:

thanks for the stats

he's still going to win because bisping sucks

perhaps he does, but all the circumstances are right for this sucky man to beat one of the greatest fighters of all time

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

sounds like how im expecting the fight to go

lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

now THAT is an ea sports cover

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Also we're basically guaranteed to get Bisping vs Romero now and I'm so happy about that

I could easily see Bisping picking a fight with someone essier and then retiring if he wins.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I'm excited that thr UFC is finally coming to St Louis but its a Sunday Fight Night so it is probably gon a be a real bad card.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Noctone posted:

I actually think Woodley is cool and good and I don't blame him for making his last couple of fights boring by not playing into the hands of a couple of one-trick ponies.

:hfive:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Hes a bitch and sucks

which one, Thompson or Maia

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CRISPYBABY posted:

ok now explain all the other woodley fights that sucked

Jake Shields and Rory MacDonald often make fights boring, Kelvin was fat and I didnt watch Strikeforce but that was long ago and the man who beat up anorexic Keith Jardine became champion so perhaps times and things can change

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 8, 2017

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

In light of the forums' likely immenent death, and you guys still being the mostly best crew with whom to bullshit about mma on the whole entire on line, pm me if you would like to be my e-bud in the SomethingAfterlife

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 9, 2017

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

He posted this announcement today

Lowtax posted:

Thank you to everybody who has supported this site along the way!

EDIT: Please buy a bunch of forum poo poo because I'm seriously going broke

Not the first time he's said that but the first time he was this outright bleak about it.

Anyway enough with that derail, sucks about Frankie!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Trast posted:

Discord isn't so bad. It's basically a graphically enhanced IRC. You can have voice chat which would be interesting for live watching fight cards.

Not sure how many people want to listen to 15 guys breathlessly masturbating during Sage Northcutt fights

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

imho twitter is out as a mass mma discussion platform, format is all wrong and it's too easy for any of us to accidentally reveal our love of anal creampies

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

quote:

The fight card for the UFC’s debut event in St. Louis has three new additions.

The UFC Fight Night 124 matchups include welterweights Zak Cummings (21-5 MMA, 6-2 UFC) vs. Thiago Alves (22-11 MMA, 14-8 UFC), lightweights Marco Polo Reyes (7-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC) vs. Matt Frevola (6-0 MMA, UFC), and lightweights James Krause (24-7 MMA, 5-3 UFC) vs. Alex White (12-3 MMA, 3-3 UFC

No main event yet but three very watchable fights.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I can't remember the name of it offhand but the documentary about the regional Louisiana circuit Dustin Poirier came up in was probably the best mma doc I have seen.

e: Fightville

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Woodley should be able to take him down and he is actually reasonably active there, no one complains about the one round each fight he spent wrestling Wonderboy. But he shouls have a significant cardio disadvantage and even with the size, strength and skill disparity, if he tries to lower his volume and lay and pray he could still risk giving up a sub opportunity to Diaz in later rounds if he is wrestling Diaz while tired snd sloppy. He could also try standing with Nate but Woodley is not great at cutting corners and tends to walk straight back which is exactly the type of fighter the Diaz bros excel against in striking, so it would become wild exchanges of volume vs counter timing and overwhelming power which is always cool to see. I think Woodley has almost all of the advantages but its a more interesting fight than most of you seem to think and a less likely one to be boring for Woodley.

That said I think its a stupid fight and extremely transparently cynical thing for a promotion to do by putting a lightweight with a losing record at welterweight into a ww title fight exclusively in the hopes that he will beat Woodley and then lose a money fight to McGregor so he can have an unprecidented third division belt he will never defend.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Back when MMA was trying to become legal in New York, Rosie O'Donnell's brother said the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSaFKpwWYtQ

:thejoke:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/37900067/man-charged-over-sydney-boomerang-assault/

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

Gustafson is probably the most skilled nazi in MMA but like all nazis he's a coward so most of his fights are bad to watch.

and yet you believe Fedor is the GOAT?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

kensei posted:

Oh duh, UFC, but would they make an offer that WME might consider? It would be sad if the UFC wasn't able to get a good TV deal.

If they don't get a good tv deal it will be because WME stubbornly cut off its nose to spite its face, not because an opportunity never materialized. They may have their magic number in mind but if $200m is the top offer it's still more than their current deal is worth.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

a lot of strong feelings about Bruce Leroy

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

DJ also claims that the fight should also take place on a sinking cargo freighter, with Dillashaw chained to the deck

he's sponsored by xbox and needs to plug MGS2 Platinum Edition, you cant hold that against him

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

This has the composition, palette and general energy of a renaissance painting

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

tesilential posted:

MM's biggest problem is he doesn't have any names to fight, then one finally says "OK i'll go out of my way to make your weight to give you a chance to beat someone worth a drat"

When did this happen?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I'm not really trying to defend him and also don't get what he is holding out for besides more money he won't receive fighting the few 125ers he hasnt faced yet. But a lot of people seem to be condiscendingly pointing to this like he is a huge idiot for not taking the "name fight" as if TJ is some guaranteed big payday for him. The few ppvs Dillashaw has headlined have only done marginally better than DJ's and there is only so much marketing it as a "super fight" will do when it's two people who don't draw well on their own in the first place. It would likely still be a bump over the average Mighty Mouse card but I really doubt it will be enough to be really worth anyone's time unless Mighty Mouse also gets more show/win pay or some other residuals, which he could very well be negotiating for right now behind closed doors.

Anyway, I am excited for the whole main card this Saturday.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Extremely my poo poo.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I see this video every time I close my eyes.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I will have a gdt for tomorrow up in a few hours, its 99% written but I am at the park with my dog so posting will have to wait and it might not be up before tonights card that no one will watch.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I'm not broke, but paying for tomorrow's card seems sorta...naaaaaah...

Why, its good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

GDT for tomorrow

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3842384

• Locked thread