Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
UFC coming to Orlando in February.

Mr Nice! and kaddish, what up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Oh, well then. I hope Robbie has still got it but Cerrone is really not a guy he should have dropped a round to imo

he should have thrown more than 6 punches in the second

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Memento posted:

what, nothing?

I mean, ignoring the spectacle of a hydrocephalic with no chin wearing a diaper on the main card of a UFC fight night, that fight was a complete non-event.

I mean, Arlovski proved he can live despite a man weighing over 250 pounds touching his face

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

to be fair, the only people Charlie Ward can beat are ones that are already dead, so I get Conor's concern

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Werdum threw a drat boomerang at Colby

https://twitter.com/UFCrelated/status/931004648944791552

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

a plastic bag aka a brazilian boomerang

I know that you're a god drat idiot, but

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

pepperchomp posted:

Last time we started up a mobn convo we started gettin probations...I'm thinkin we should change topics before they start up again. Is there gdt for todays event yet?

no

you should make one

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

I have never failed to laugh at the pretend heavyweight fighter names in these threads.

they're all just star wars character names

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

j-ru, please make this the new background for RR

https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/932098913997344768

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Cains Accomplishments:

1. Beat a pro wrestler on a losing streak, a feat previously only matched by Fedor and Bas Rutten
2. Fought the same guy 19 times in a row and mostly won, except for the highest profile time, which he lost in an extremely embarrassing and damaging manner.
3. ????

3. can probably run most of a 5k
4. removed all of bigfoot silva's face blood

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I thought Fedor had trained with some white nationalists in the past, but who hasn't in mma

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

let's talk about actually good fighters that have made it to the pinnacle of combat sports , to test themselves in the ultimate crucible of competition inside the World Famous Octagon

how about that marcin tybura, huh? sure would like to watch him get punched in the neck for like a whole hour

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

WSOF rebranded ages ago friend. If you had to decide between that and UFC, what are you going to pick?

but think how much money NBC saves now that PFL pays for finishes and Jon Fitch is still decent enough to Fitch up the z-leagues

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

El Roncho posted:

Rampage/Rashad brought us some spectacularly bad fights that really set the bar for "Trashweight".

Scott Junk/Matt Mitrione anyone?

you noob, you scrub, you philistine

Shivers vs McSweeny is the real pinnacle of the trash heap from TUF: Fat Guys (And Kimbo)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

El Roncho posted:

I don't know...

All I can say is I have a distinct memory of a green, gassed Matt Mitrione trying to fling out a sloppy overhand that ended up being a hammerfist on the top of Junk's forehead and Junk just looking tired and confused in response. This image pops in my head and makes me laugh hysterically on occasion to this day.

hmm, I'll have to re-watch that, but might i offer this:

https://streamable.com/o5tkk

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

extremely fuckin sick :getin:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

district of thizz posted:

Anyone happen to have the link to the talk between Cody and Nam where Cody is talking about how much better the other guy is but how he’s going to win anyways?

here ya go

https://streamable.com/yexsg

plus bonus:

Jean-Charles

https://streamable.com/3k3nv

edit:

also, Bruce Leroy vs Armenians

https://streamable.com/zwa4y

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 22, 2017

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I like the full experience of dead silence in the locker room

https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/761755323296342016

Also, that time Matt Riddle killed a guy:

https://streamable.com/k2pa6

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I don't have a clip (yet), but I really liked the tiny wrestling coach that GSP brought in, Gia, who just threw dudes around.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

If anyone is awake/alive/around, here's a slapdash GDT for Shanghai

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841694

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

Im shocked the GOAT would lost to kelvin gastelum

Kelvin is better than Anderson, hth

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Uriah Hall tends to have trouble pulling the trigger when he needs to, and it seems he does a lot better when he’s angry and motivated, whether by people saying he has no chance against his opponent or by the death of Paul Walker. I think it’s not productive to psychoanalyze him for the same reason I’m not going to say someone could win more fights if he improved his squat form; I’m not his S & C coach or his sports psychologist. I will say, as someone who’s watched Uriah Hall win fights he should have lost and lost fights he should have won, that he needs to develop a jab and throw combos more so his offense is more threatening.

Hall was best with Chael Sonnen shrieking "jab, jab, jab, just touch him!" and has done kinda ok at times without a steroid eunuch in his corner.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

if tj can't beat john dodson, he won't beat dj

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Embedded ep 1 is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMdi4vCtOvQ

Ngannou eats Kit-Kats while hiking

Holloway is going to become a human popsicle in the frigid Detroit weather

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Embedded ep 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMAMyhK-CHg

Ngannou chowing down on some Fogo de Chao

Holloway throwing axes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

awwww poo poo!

just got announced that Clarence Byron and Hector "Johny Hendricks' Only Win in his Last 6 Fights" Lombard are gonna throw down at UFC 222. I hope both guys get shot into a ravine

• Locked thread