Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

Joannowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

InfiniteZero posted:

Interviewer: "Michael said on his podcast that you look fat Georges ..."

Bisping (interjecting): "Actually I said he looks like he's been impregnated by aliens."

Georges: (smiles awkwardly)

You've gotta be a Diaz level troll to get GSP to flip out

mewse
May 2, 2006

RIP Xyience

mewse
May 2, 2006

Whichever douchebag loses, we all win

mewse
May 2, 2006

Jack Slack on Rose vs Joanna

mewse
May 2, 2006

Conor hasn't fought MMA in a year. Impressive for a guy who hasn't defended 2 different belts

mewse
May 2, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

a guy on the cover with two belts, one he no longer owns, the other he will not defend

who has not fought in MMA this year and will not

joe silva is spinning in his grave

mewse
May 2, 2006

To recap how ludicrous this is:

After winning the 145 belt, conor fought nate diaz twice at 170 lbs, losing the first time, and then fought for the belt at 155 instead of defending 145. Then he took a year off MMA to make a bunch of money from a gimmick boxing match.

They put him and his two belts on the cover of this video game like he is the reigning champ of either of those divisions. He was stripped of his 145 belt and Tony Ferguson is the interim champ at 155.

mewse
May 2, 2006

mewse
May 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[bangs antique xyience can against a sound block and unfurls the new jersey state flag] it's decided, frabk edgar should be on the computer game box

:agreed:

mewse
May 2, 2006

What's corny about being in the sauna before weigh-ins?

mewse
May 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo9AhFd3ZfQ

mewse
May 2, 2006

Memento posted:

Man Jorge Masvidal is a mouthy bitch.

Eh Bisping is a oval office so it evens out. In that most recent embedded I got a Diaz vibe from Masvidal

mewse
May 2, 2006

Where's the GDT fellas

mewse
May 2, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

It's up you've really gotta pay attention, friend.

I see it now, deepest apologies

mewse
May 2, 2006

Memento posted:

Is that website a weird mix of English and French words, or just rife with spelling mistakes?

It is the English of Quebec. Performance rhymes with revenue.

mewse
May 2, 2006

kensei posted:

I got the poll correct :smug:

I had TJ and GSP but missed thug rose.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dana's job is so easy when everything goes perfectly

mewse
May 2, 2006

willie_dee posted:

I'm not a massive fan of Redditors, but someone on their found out that fight pass puts a bitcoin miner on your PC without permission and uses a ton of resources.

https://np.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7b4zdk/fight_pass_is_shady_ysk_ufc_fight_pass_is_using/dpf96js/

If this is true then it's probably just the UFC servers being compromised which wouldn't be surprising unfortunately

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Joanna was absolutely adamant on the MMA Hour this afternoon that she did not tap to strikes. She must have really been knocked loopy.

She tapped, it's on tape, but that doesn't mean she did it intentionally

mewse
May 2, 2006

Seltzer posted:

I haven't posted in these threads in ages because I kind of fell out of watching UFC for various reasons- the WME deal, inflated number of cards, my favorites retiring etc. But, I just wanna say UFC 217 was absolutely awesome and reminded me of when I was a big fan ~3-5 years ago. GSP was what got me into watching MMA and my stupid unrelenting belief in his ability to come back after four years a still be a top class fighter being verified was a feel good moment. Watching such a great card with a bunch of people was awesome. I don't know if I'll pick up watching much again because the card dilution is still a big issue with me but I guess all I want to say is 217 was great. Sorry for typing up this earnest non-ironic word salad in the UFC thread.

DJ killed a man named Bort recently

mewse
May 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

It's ok, Joe Lauzon will make the web site

He's probably already created the subreddit

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lmao

mewse
May 2, 2006

*watches Anderson's legacy fly out the nearest window*

mewse
May 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Billy Corgan, despite releasing one of the best double albums of the nineties, is legitimately the weird rear end in this picture.

On this weeks Joe Rogan Podcast, a bald eccentric speaks to Billy Corgan

mewse
May 2, 2006

Reebok
FIGHT
Diapers

mewse
May 2, 2006

Half-Life: Full Life Consequences

mewse
May 2, 2006

Are public apologies where you casually mention all your accomplishments going to start being referred to as Louis CK-style?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Oh you don't think the UFC belts mean anything? Try arguing that in front of congress homie

mewse
May 2, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

CONGRESSMAN: Here's what I want to know, the number one guy, the number one guy ok? Is Mighty Mouse. He has the most title defenses. Thats numbers, ok? He has the most.

Marc: This is true.

CONGRESSMAN: So why isn't he on the official UFC facebook page

Hahahah gently caress

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lol I'd love to be a fly on the wall at a precinct reviewing the tape: "crikey, they're BOTH idiots!"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Memento posted:

Australian police are happy to go arrest someone for common law assault if they see a video of it happening, regardless of whether anyone actually reported it.

It's not up to the victim as to whether they want to press charges?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Memento posted:

Nope. The decision to lay charges in assault cases belongs to the Office of Public Prosecutions, based on the police investigation.

Which I assume was fairly short in this case.

Interesting!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Who the fook was that guy

mewse
May 2, 2006

I forget what mobn's rereg username was but that probably wasn't him

mewse
May 2, 2006

CBS, baby

mewse
May 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's so cool that a group called "team alpha male" is at all times utterly consumed by internecine teen girl conflict

True

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nierbo posted:

Yeah it really didn't add anything. I still think rashad/rampage was the best season due to the constant tension between those two. And Danas hate for Roy Nelson helped.

My fav was GSP/Koscheck

e: and anything with Forrest Griffin

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nierbo posted:

A ferguson/mcgregor TUF season leading up to the title fight would just be fuckin incredible right now.

Actually Conor is having a time out for shoving Mark Grognard The Referee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Noted Redditor Joe Lauzon

• Locked thread