Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senf
Nov 12, 2006

AM I TOO LATE

DID I MISS THE BANANA AND TUNA EATING

edit: I see I did not. Please proceed, Intruder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Well gently caress.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Apparently the Icon A5 has a built-in ballistic parachute, so now I'm extra curious to know what went wrong. loving hell :smith:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Mariners got Ryan Healy from Oakland. I guess our first base problem is solved?

If you don't care about defense or consistency, then yep!

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Poque posted:

A perfect fit for the Mariners

I mostly just love that the A's have traded three "first basemen" to the Mariners in the last year (Valencia, Alonso, and Healy). Can't get enough of them, I guess.

Ryon is a cool dude, but I like the package the A's got in return. It also sets the lineup up really well and, most importantly, will allow Davis to DH every day. Game on.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

mcmagic posted:

If Altuve was 5'11 Judge wins going away. Novelty won the day.

ironically stealing this, thanks

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

Pretty sure that dogs can't play baseball. There's gotta be something about that in the rulebook I bet.

Wrong:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Yasiel Pug right there on a tee for you and you blew it

Pug Rodríguez.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I mean, like...

I’d try it if I was totally wasted, I guess.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Florida doesn't have a state income tax, so yeah, California would hit him harder.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Confirmed. Ohtani is coming to Oakland.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Bad news for the A's, as the location they wanted for a new ballpark at Laney College looks to have fallen through, as the College's board of trustees has ordered a stop to talks between the chancellor and the team.

https://twitter.com/Athletics/status/938468041829916672

:bang:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Unless I'm missing something, Dee has only played 9 games in CF as a professional and all 9 games were played in the Dominican Winter League 4 years ago.

This should be cool and fun.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

However:

https://twitter.com/craigmish/status/938997412890210305

So who knows!

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I hope the Angels continue to play sub-.500 ball while Trout wins the next five MVP's and Ohtani win's the next five CYA's

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Pancakes posted:

I was there for his MLB debut and his first hit. I hope he does well, he seems like a nice guy. I also hope playing in Oakland helps him deal with his mother's illness better.

I am very much into this move and yeah, coming home should be huge. loving ALS :smith:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Poque posted:

get help

it's pretty good for the offseason

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Inexplicably one guy did not vote for Bonds this year after voting for him last year

:allears::allears::allears:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Popete posted:

Sometimes I think about how if I had started playing baseball earlier and really dedicated myself maybe I could have been a big league player, then I look at how massive guys like Trout/Bryant already where in High School.

This led to me looking up Altuve scouting videos. Couldn't find much because duh, but I did find this gem from 2007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAI2akqXWUg&t=241s

Such a tiny badass :clint:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Billy Koch.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Mark Purdy recently retired and probably doesn't give a gently caress

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

There's a place in Minneapolis near me that makes sushi burritos. They're ... OK.

San Francisco has Sushirrito. It’s fine. Overpriced. I want baseball back.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

A's might be bad, but they're gonna at least look really good this season:

https://twitter.com/Athletics/status/957019377500504064

Saw these in person today and they are indeed hot as gently caress. Also the A’s will not be bad this season; they will be decent :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

Let’s talk breakout candidates. Does your team have one? Do you expect someone to just come up and dominate?

Matt Olson is going to mash 50 dingers. Matt Chapman will mash 30 and win a Gold Glove.

Senf fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 16, 2018

• Locked thread