Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I hope the whole team refuses to meet Trump, especially Correa and Beltran.

It'll be President Pence or someone else by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VJeff posted:

This better wind up truer than your Howe scoops.

My Howe scoops were always right and true.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/zoowithroy/status/928004645796155392

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyHalladay/status/911218302185345024

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
NOW IT'S TIME TO VOTE IN CHRIS OSGOOD

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Pancakes posted:

I think you're forgetting that Schilling is an absolutely vile person who should never be given any praise or positive recognition.

Can we pretend to induct him and instead just call him names and pelt him with rotten eggs? I'd be down for some "Lucy with the football" shenanigans in this context.

Pretend to induct him, but instead induct some black or Hispanic players

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm fine with this

How about Curt Flood and Dick Allen

Don't forget Marvin Miller.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
None of those guys won a World Series Game 7 though. Jack Morris was a workhorse, as they say.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/Deohmy/status/940016477922402304

Please update thread title to Bengal Bonanza

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc_yETYratI

Sorry about your troubles, guy

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 11, 2017

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
MLB Advanced Media CEO Bob Bowman was fired by MLB today for, among other things, bringing hookers to an MLB All-Star Game party.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Dick Enberg has passed away, according to close friends.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

rickiep00h posted:

It almost always devolves into well-thought-out Ironic Racism vs. Monkey Cheese, even in groups with relatively decent senses of humor.

this is America, right here

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The only good thing CAH ever did was Prongles.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Berzerker posted:

once you pop, that's great!

The only thing worse than CAH is Apples to Apples, because it's basically the same thing but trying to be family friendly.

CAH is a ripoff of the other one.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Pancakes posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND is so excited about $1 hot dogs on Wednesdays in combination with our season tickets. She's said she'll even plan on going to the park for lunch when they're day games. Not for the game, mind you, just for the $1 hot dogs. She remains skinny as hell, I think she has a tapeworm.

If your girl is concerned about her weight for Christmas, get her a tapeworm

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rigel posted:

According to a story I read in the NY Times, MLB and the Indians said they still have to maintain a small retail presence somewhere to keep ownership over the logo. I presume they could still fight against people trying to sell knockoff Chief Wahoo's, but its apparently a lot easier to get injunctions if they can point to a couple stores in Cleveland where they are still making money off their IP.

You actually have to go to those physical stores though, MLB wont sell Chief Wahoo merch online.

This is true. North Dakota did the same thing with their Fighting Sioux logos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rigel posted:

I doubt the Hartford Whalers trademark expired. Whoever owned that IP probably renewed it when they had to, and I bet you can buy Whalers gear. Because of that, you can't set up your own knockoff Hartford Whaler store. I just now checked by typing "hartford whalers shirt" into google, and yep I can buy one from the NHL.

The trademark was owned by the city of Hartford, who started licensing it a little while ago. Whalers gear is one of the top selling team's in hockey.

• Locked thread