Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
  • Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Congrats to Houston, city deserved it for sure and you guys are all class acts

But weíre coming for it next year!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Carlos Correa Jr is coming next August, place your bets now on whoís drafting him in 2035

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the first catch of the offseason

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/...126719785930753

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

gently caress the offseason Iím gonna be so bored

I mean thereís basketball but itís just not the same as my first love, baseball

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel that every series has a crazy loving injury that the player was hiding out of pure adrenaline. I wonder how bad Correa's thumb was

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

bewbies posted:

Offseason doldrums? NFL unwatchable? Hockey and soccer not good enough for you? I'm going to run a goon be-a-player in Out-of-the-Park 18 for anyone interested. Once I get the final kinks out of the setup worked out I'll post a signup thread, hopefully later this week. So, if you're interested start thinking about what kind of fake baseball player YOU want to be!

Poll question for anyone interested: would you all prefer to do a modern game, or historical? If historical, what era? Reminder: the farther back we go, the fewer players we can inject without breaking the game.

hell yes

I want to be Aaron Judge but with prime Ichiro's strikeout rate

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

well if I can't be god-tier Aaron Judge I guess being a 5'5" power pitcher is my back up

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Tanaka not opting out is a huge surprise but Iím not complaining

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

amazing!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Aaron Judge gets the cover of MLB 18 The Show. Obvious choice really, much better than Griffey randomly getting a cover this year

https://twitter.com/garyhphillips/s...640151903358979

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Judge and Stanton for the MVPs, confirmation of dinger supremacy

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

jfc it's always the random people you don't expect to die

Hope that news isn't true!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sab0921 posted:

drat Roy Halladay - this sucks.

Has this long dead forum matured or will we see a Corey Lidle situation here.

there's no 9/11 analogue to make here. maybe a BP joke? idk but there's something here

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this loving sucks

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Put Halladay in the Hall of Fame right now

Two Cy Youngs, one in each league
A perfect game and a postseason no-hitter in the same season
A workhorse in the real old school sense, 220 innings or more in 8 of 16 seasons
One of the great comeback stories in that he was about to wash out but he reinvented himself and became one of the great aces in the league during a high offensive period
An 8-time All-Star in lean years for Toronto
Bridged the gap between Pedro and Kershaw
Tons of anecdotes about how he's a great person

Goddamn it this is terrible but he deserves immortal recognition

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Halladay would have been eligible after next season but I don't know if that means he's eligible for this year's class?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

A quick jolt of levity

https://twitter.com/thebig_fella/st...979541582184451

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I donít think it was so much as a debate for Halladay but his peak was ďshortĒ and I guess that would have dinged him a bit but itís all moot now since heís a posthumous lock

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

what's on everyone's offseason wishlist? For the Yanks I'd like to see them do the following:

1) bring back CC
2) Sign Alex Avila to back up Gary
3) Trade Ellsbury to open up center field for Hicks
4) Move either Castro or Headley to make room for Torres (this might not happen until midseason)
5) Re-sign Frazier to play 1B/3B/DH where needed

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Intruder you are a crazy man for not only accomplishing this Toxx but following through two days later

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I donít see how you could ever eat a banana again after that

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goon project to buy the Braves, I'm pretty sure we'd do a better job. plus, whoever gets to be our scouts gets to go to cool places in the Caribbean and South America and Asia!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so to get Otani some team is gonna have to extend him an 11 year, 121 million dollar contract. that already makes him a bargain!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it will always boggle my mind that the Angels are wasting Mike Trout's prime

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Carlos Beltran announced his retirement, riding off into the sunset on top

Heís definitely going in as an Astro, he won his ring and had his most famous moment as a player with Houston

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at Nov 13, 2017 around 16:54

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bellinger and Judge were runaway favorites, I think even Red Sox fans realized that their baseball stereotype was not in Judge's stratosphere

I hope Judge wins MVP but it's most likely gonna be Altuve since he was the best player on the best team in the league

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I honestly don't expect Stanton to move since he's got the no-trade clause; it seems to me like he loves Miami and won't go when they're that close to contention

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Beltran really played his prime with the wrong New York franchise

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/eboland11/status/930526065512075264

this is exciting, I didn't think he'd be getting a crack at 3B right away

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I figured with the elbow injury they'd get Gleyber more time in the minors just to be on the safe side but if he's ready now... it's exciting stuff

also lol Ellsbury will be competing for a spot on the roster

https://twitter.com/eboland11/status/930525847961862144

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Drunk Canuck posted:

A smart GM would acquire the best dinger machine in baseball at all costs

Miami County said that the dinger machine couldn't be removed, so Jeter's stuck with at least one

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Are team threads still allowed? Because I totally bit off the Astros Lounge and made one for the Yankees

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3840601

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm a fan of the new Yankees thread title.

Iím not!!

But really, thatís the one thing the team is never going to shake

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith...194473513734145

post your GM's likely GIF of choice ITT

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

David Stearns is 32, so he's probably well versed in emoji and GIFs

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if I'm a rank and file member of the MLBPA I'd be pretty pissed at the union leadership being so loving stupid

like in what world is this hard luxury tax good for the players; the international pools or whatever limit the money amateurs get and the draft is nonsense as well

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I donít think Judge should have lost in such a landslide but it was Altuveís after that five week slide in July and August

But get all the way the hell out of here with saying that Judge is significantly less impressive than Altuve, like this is a rookie still rounding out his game! He led Altuve in every major stat except steals, hits, batting average, and strikeouts. I know yíall donít like the Yankees but give the man his due

This was a narrative MVP for sure, Altuve was deserving but he had a better season last year

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I didn't think Judge was gonna win after he slumped hard after the break. but man the hot takes about how Judge isn't actually that good are amazing in here

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Intruder posted:

Judge is obviously good but I also hope he's been figured out and fades into the obscurity he was destined for before the 2017 season started god bless

2018 MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Infidel Castro posted:

I never said he wasn't a good player, I'm saying a player who excels at almost everything is a better choice for MVP than someone who is by and large a one-trick pony, even if that trick is freakishly impressive.

I mean...

if Judge was a one trick pony then he would just be pulling the ball all the time? he doesn't get enough credit for being able to hit the ball the other way I think

• Locked thread
«6 »