Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
From the previous thread:

Congrats Intruder :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
you've come a long way, baby (click for thread)

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/925936136211632130

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Does Aoki get a ring? I hope he does.

If he does, a hearty congrats to Giants legends Nori Aoki, Francisco Liriano and Carlos Beltran

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 2, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

The Houston Astros are World Series Champions. No matter how many times I say it I can't believe it.

why the gently caress arent you poo poo faced yet

I drank an entire bottle of champagne in like a half hour after the third drat giants world series, let alone the first

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

I am extremely shitfaced

I'm eating my kids' halloween candy sorry kids

hell yes tell your dumb kids their candy was a sacrifice to the astros god

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

elentar posted:

I dusted off the player-name thing to see what my created player should be called and I think now I have to retire it forever

Gret Free? That's my favorite The Vrines song

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Comptroll The Forums posted:

*quietly adds airplanes to list of vehicles which starting pitchers must avoid*

dude it's long since been on that list

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Marlins gonna quietly trade away all of their players and on opening day it's just going to be an empty stadium with a gift basket sitting on home plate

Jesus this is art

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

So I was wondering the other day if there were any games where a fielder played all nine innings without ever touching the ball (obviously ruling out the pitcher and catcher by default). I didn't really know how to look this up so I went straight to Anibal Sanchez's 17 strikeout game since fewer balls in play means better odds. As it turns out, in that game shortstop Jhonny Peralta never touched the ball on any play. He could have laid down on the field and taken a nap and nothing would have changed.

He did however get two hits and two walks. Now I'm wondering if there was ever a game where a position player never touched the ball defensively and had zero impact on offense.

Dude this is way up Effectively Wild's alley, you should reach out to them to see if they can do this on the podcast

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder deserves more mvp votes than Judge imo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Joe Morgan says stupid poo poo in a letter to Hall of Fame voters. Oh no, we can't possibly have cheaters in the hall of fame :jerkbag:

lol shut the gently caress up Joe Morgan

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Get

The

gently caress

In

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ScottyJSno posted:

Otani doesn't deserve bananas. He needs Japanese super food Natto. Eat some of that. My breakfast of choice when I am on the go is rice and natto and raw egg. That my friend will turn most non-Japanese stomachs.

But seriously Tamago kaki Gohan is the bomb.

is Natto Japanese for boogers and Honey Smacks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:toxx: If the Giants pull it off I will smile and give an excited fist bump

Probably drop an "oh hell yeah."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Giants are going to get Stanton ans Ohtani and they will be best friends and usher in 2018 and 2020 even year bullshits

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/957Pinsent/status/936377378967904256

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/936419747054440449

but I was told

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Potentially denied Stanton, Dodgers fans resort to wild fantasy like winning a title without spending 1/3 of a billion dollars

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Better than Giants fantasies of winning more than 65 games while spending in excess of $180M?

rings b*tch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tell me about all your fond memories from the Regan Administration and the Dodgers last title

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Well in 1963 when I attended as a twinkle in the eye of my then-10 year old father with his father, we watched Sandy Koufax throw a complete game to sweep the Yankees and it was a moment I'll never forget

Baseball really does bring families together :glomp:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/569182257539362816

Maybe it was AJ Ramos saying it. Maybe it was Giancarlo.

Maybe.

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

holy hell Giancarlo loves playing in NL West parks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Senf posted:

Confirmed. Ohtani is coming to Oakland.

Oakland getting Ohtani and flipping him for some teams top five or six prospects would be peak Billy Beane.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Zeno's trade

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/937407890763190273

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is it safe to say that St.Louis can probably offer a better deal? I know y'all have mentioned SF's farm system being poop w/ mayo....

I think a lot of this comes down to SF being willing to eat way more of the contract, to be honest.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shohei starting to narrow down teams, the Yankees are out.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/937458753171009537

Giancarlo + Shohei lets do this bitches

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dexo posted:

Gonna have a joint press conference to say they are going to the Giants lol

But they act like the press conference is just for one and at the end BOOM the other comes out.

In reality I'm resigned to Stanton on the Cards and Ohtani on the Mariners but a man can dream.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Ah yes the "Get fit and then suck" aka the CC Sabathia effect

Sandoval's OPS seemed 100% tied to the size of his belly for a long tine too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Looking forward to the Giants getting neither Otani or Stanton and still winning the World Series.

I can accept this reality

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

its like a lovely 8-year-olds favorite team list

I never thought the Giants would get Giancarlo. A man could dream tho

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Or the list of a player who's spent 8 years in MLB, never played in the postseason, and wants to give himself the best chance to win a championship before his skills decline.

calm down it's a joke. People literally can't comment on a Dodgers thing without The Dodgers Defender Logging On (unless it's within three weeks of them losing the World Series)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

My bad, your post just read like the bitter tweets flying around. Poe's law and whatnot

Nah, it just literally reads like that because it's the last 2 teams in the series, the winner the year before and... the Yankees, who are every lovely eight year old's favorite team in the history of the universe.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

So is it a joke or are you earnestly going for the "He's pulling a Durant" take that's all the rage right now? :confused:

He's not pulling a Durant because the Marlins are poo poo and he didn't lose in the NLCS to whoever he joins, which is what pulling a Durant would be. Those ideas are stupid, he's just maximizing his NTC. All he's doing is saying who he wants to go to, which reads like a lovely eight year old's favorite baseball teams (the ones that have been popular since he's been conscious of the sport, which is the joke why am I still explaining a throwaway joke what has my life become)

Edited because I don't know how word order works

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 8, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shoeiiiii noooooo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/MikeTrout/status/939209817901748224

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BFIB is my favorite because they never disappoint:allears:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

https://twitter.com/hankschulman/status/939372265447211008

Now I'm even more bummed Stanton trade didn't go through, it would've been highway robbery.

What the hell did they even dangle to the marlins then

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Not the Dodgers! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I hope the Yankees mash eleventy billion dingers next year because the Giants don't have to face their wrath and MLB is better when they're the Evil Empire

• Locked thread