Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

It's everyone's favorite time of year - the byob secret santa! This is kind of a big undertaking so i'm going to ask you guys to read all this carefully

Rules

(1) To participate you must have made at least 10 posts in byob in the last year.

(2) this year you may choose to receive steam game(s) or forum upgrades instead of actual snail mail packages. (you may also provide both snail mail address and steam information and let your santa pick)

(3) To sign up you must do 2 things.

- Send an email to FluffieDuckie@somethingawful.com with your user name and your mailing address and/or a link to your steam account. Also please include whether you are willing to ship domestically, ship internationally, and/or send a steam game or forum upgrade.

- Write a letter to santa in this thread Please cover things like allergies, t-shirt size, willingness to accept things that are nsfw or drug related, and likes and dislikes. if you're accepting steam gifts include what games you'd like. Santa needs some guidance and i need to be sure that the random email i received requesting a gift was really from you.

(4) Minimum gift amount is $15. Remember that shipping, especially international shipping, can be very expensive. If you can't afford shipping on top of the gift amount then choose to send a steam game or forum upgrade instead

(5) You must post in this thread when you receive your gift Santa wants to know that you received your gift, and i need to be sure your santa isn't a deadbeat

(6) Deadbeats: If after signing up you do not send a gift by the deadline you will be banned. No exceptions. If you have plat and an av, your ban will cost you more than sending the drat gift. So seriously, if you're not going to send something don't sign up. Don't ruin christmas dammit :sassargh:

-----------------------------

Deadlines (edited for slip in first deadline):

November 16 18: Deadline to send me your address and write your letter to santa

November 18 20: We will email you your santee's info

December 4 6: International shipping deadline (and things may still get delayed because customs sucks but we will have tried)

December 11 13: Drop dead deadline to ship your gift or send your steam game or forum upgrade. (keep your mailing receipt in case something is lost or delayed so you can avoid being declared a deadbeat).

:duckie::duckie::duckie:

Ready set ho, ho, ho!

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

:tfrxmas:

Manifisto

:woop:

MrWillsauce

dear santa i just really love christmas and also christmas is my birthday just make it lit please i like drugs and heavy metal

thank you

deep dish peat moss

I just got a new job and I won't be getting my first check until after December 11th but I would love to sign up if I'm allowed to miss the deadline :(

I'm not good with deadlines but I did send R-Type's Nephew the free 3DS eventually!

Anyway the job pays really well so I can send much nicer gift than $15 worth if someone's okay with waiting for a nice post-Christmas gift! If not that's totally ok and don't put me in, hopefully I can play next year.

Edit: actually I think the best way to play this is: if someone gets a deadbeat santa I will send them a gift.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 4, 2017

Piso Mojado

is there an option to receive gifts without sending any?

Spiderjelly

Sign of evil.
I have probably posted exactly 10 times in the last year, but yall are still the best people on the forums, so please someone take my prezzie.

Dear Santa,

I love you! Thank you for being you! The only thing I really want for chrismas is for you not to be a deadbeat. I've had that happen twice, and it really blows. I hope someone does something very nice for you! Here is a list of things I'm into, in no particular order:
-Lovecraft, T.S. Eliot, Kerouac, Shakespeare (don't send books, got plenty)
-Weightlifting
-Fine alcohol and tobacco
-Bizarre yet tasty snacks from your local area
-A 50 foot sailboat
-Fudge
-DIY stuff.
-Drawings and other artsy, craftsy poo poo, if you're good at that
-Waffle House swag
-Spaaaaaaaaaaaace
-Fun projects in a box
-Fossils
-The Church of the Subgenius
-Stupid, fun poo poo (last year I got a $1 paddle-ball game. I still play with it)
-A nice, handwritten letter
-The typical poo poo that goons find interesting
-Cool old stuff
-iPad 2 (in black, tia)
-Deadly, angry bees

Please do not send anime or cartoon stuff, and please nothing NSFW.

Spiderjelly fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 20, 2017

City of Glompton

Dear Santa,

I hope you are having a joyful holiday season! I love this time of year, and sharing that wonderful mix of nostalgia, hope, and awe with friends like you is really special - from the bottom of my heart, thank you :love: As I write you this letter, I'm listening to christmas music and drinking coffee while I snuggle in a blanket. If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.

For yobmas, I would like things that you think are most representative of the byob christmas spirit - chill, playful, funny and nice. I like just about everything with the exception of not being much of a t shirt person. If you need more direction than that - I love chickens, cute stuff, tiny stuff, sparkly stuff, coffee, chocolate, weird candy/snacks, handmade stuff, typical nerd stuff, and byob. But really, what you pick will be special for me because you selected it with care or at least last minute terror which is v byob too :glomp:

Love,

City of Glompton

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 12, 2017

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

vanisher

My dearest Santa,

Hi, hows things? I would like to receive a present of nominal value and/or importance. Even the most generic and mundane gift will make me squeal with glee. Used wrapping paper? An empty box? These are all excellent and will be received gladly.

Perouse my strange and mysterious steam wishlist if you must or if shipping your used toothbrush is absurdly expensive.

Your pal,

vanisher

Edit: my computer is junk so if you are thinking steam game make sure you look at my wishlist of things I can actually run thanks santa. Mens size L!

vanisher fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 5, 2017

deep dish peat moss

Dear Santa,

I hope you and the reindeer are doing well.

You can send me anything you want! But please keep the outside of the package clean :kiddo:

I'm looking for new hobbies right now and anything to take up my time! I am also moving to a new apartment very soon and I don't have much stuff so there is plenty of room to display whatever you bring me.

Make it something lighthearted because it has been a rough year for me. I'll wear any cool t-shirt that isn't offensive and is mens' size L. I like sentimental gifts too like mixtapes with a letter explaining why every song is important, so really your options are wide open here!

I like fine dining, cooking, jokes about rap music, and art. I like to write. I don't have a lot of friends right now so send me something I can enjoy alone! Godbless.

Thank you,

DDPM

alnilam

dear byob secret santa,

hi

hello

i thought i'd give you a little information about me in case you felt like giving me a gift

i like gardening, outdoors things, cooking (tho i don't eat meat), biking, roasting and drinking coffe :coffeepal:, music like a lot of ambient and post-rock kinda stuff and also prog and psych rock, i like to read sometimes like kurt vonnegut and phillip k dick and george saunders are a few favs and i also enjoy interesting non fiction about history and ecology and science

i do not hugely like random nick nacks or decor type items, as i generally am more trying to get rid of "stuff" than i am trying to accumulate it, and also bc my waifu is pickier about decor than i am, so useful things or consumable things are preferable to cute things to put on a shelf, that being said if you think you have a really wonderful idea i won't say no to anything because well, santa, i just love that you're you!!

i wear a menz small t-shirt usually (sometimes med dep on the shirt maker) in case you need to know, i frankly don't smoek much weede but i do enjoy to drink the booze sometimes, NWS things are fine i'm a grown-rear end man, no allergies to speak of

thank you byob secret santa, i appreciate you :love:

-alnilam

alnilam fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 18, 2017

ty manifisto

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Dear Santa,

For Christmas I want a care package from a yobber, comprised of whatever said yobber sees fit

I don't steam, I like music, art, chotchkies, your old dvd's and blu-rays you don't want on your shelf anymore (b-movies are a-list), beeraphenalia and collectibles (cool old cans and bottles count), cooking, old sci-fi books you don't want on your shelf anymore..

What I'm saying is I'm a p.cheap prospect for gifting

Thank you Santa,

Hugh Malone

p.s. let the elves unionize dangit

Edit: I'm a men's large American apparel, or medium Hanes if a tshirt is a thing

E2: no allergies, no restrictions etc.

Thank you al for being thorough, reading yours after I posted mine helped

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 9, 2017

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

dear byob secret santa,

i hope you are well and that your byob elves are not too high to make shoes or whatever they're doing these days. maybe rolling blunts, i dunno how the santa business is doing so you might have a side hustle.

let's be clear: i have been a terrible human this year and deserve no gifts other than coal and large sacks of antidepressants. if you want to send me a box of fire, i mean, just clearly label that the inside is on fire and to open it outside. that way frankie doesn't burn his nose.

if you deem me worthy of a gift, though, santa, things i really enjoy are loud noisy music, books (cool historical things, weird medicine, memoirs about ordinary people, modern poetry), weird candy (no meat, allergic to quinoa and kaniwa), vintage kitschy stuff, stickers of all kinds (the official byob currency) and games like Gone Home, Tacoma and Firewatch. i pet a lot of sheep. a lot. i spend a lot of time looking at fungi outside, so things like pocket notebooks are handy for me to record mycological findings and sheep notes.

i like fancy pencils with cusses on them. you can send me nsfw and weed related things, but please keep the box discreet, because my neighbors are nosy weirdos. if you send me a kickass thrift store t-shirt, i like an XL so i can turn it into a t-shirt dress. basically santa, what i'm saying is, you can send me anything and i'll be happy as long as it's not a box of literal fire that is unlabeled.

well. that's about all the time i've got right now, santa, as i'm boogying off to the airport to see a man about a house. i hope you have a good time and eat a lot of nice food. please let your elves have more than one slice of pizza, it is really disappointing that you're limiting them.

love, hamjobs

p.s. i would like 500 alpacas for chrismus thanks

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
hello santa!!!

last year was great when i received gifts from you but was also briefly possessed by you, the manic gift granting ghost of Yule!!!

this year I'd like it if you could stop all the scammy telemarketer calls! failing that, I don't have the forums archive upgrade, and I like adventure games and roguelikes, so something niche from Steam suits me well, too!

if you prefer more tangible displays of gift madness, though, i understand. my shirt size is the universal medium. i garden, keep bees, brew hooch, and write books. i also love to cook, especially stuff like pickles! late this year I've started learning a little about woodworking and will be whittling and carving simple stuff like spoons. i guess that's about it for interests!

you can send me nsfw things, foods, cool books, whatever! maybe no drugs though?

thank you santa ilu stay safe in that sleigh!!!

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 14, 2017

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
b e e p

dear human santa,

i would like a something for christmas this year please! idc what but if its a t shirt large is cool if its a forums thing i dont reckon an av cert would go to waste but if its a something i get in the mail that is yob as even h*lf * h*ck i will be like w h o a

i like cool things and im my own boss and he dont give a hoot bout what is or 8 nsfw if thats what seems funny or appropriate or inappropriate or whatever. i 8 got no steam tho so idk how i could play any steam things

possibly my favorite xmas gift ever is a neon light and possibly my fave yobmas gift ever is a wild and crazy hat so like, G O H O G W I L D !

thanks santa and have a happy thanksgiving and stuff!

peace

bbbbbbrad to the mart

e n d t r a n s m i s s i o n

Rushi

by Smythe
DEAR SECRET SANTA

I rly like Christmas my favorite things are cute things. I like tiny things, mostly tiny animals. I really like stickers and pins and other tiny things that can be cute. I rlllllly like candy. And cookies. All of it but mostly chocolate!!!?? But fruits are a close 2nd.

I really like candy/treats/baked goods from other countries :) and flavors I've never had. Or anything sweet really!!!!!

I like art but mostly pretty n cute stuff. I don't like when people buy me clothes (but cute accessories are ok). Books are cool if they are full of things I like ; w ; I don't read fiction ... unless it's cute.

Cats r my favorite. I don't know any animals I don't like? But I really like animals :3:

Although my post history says otherwise, I do not want/need anything politically related. I'm on politics hiatus. Funny weed stuff is ok but nothing you use/can use to smoke it. More like funny weed stickers or something, but if you're not sure just skip on that. Other than that no drug or nsfw stuff :3:

Finally if ur rly bad at buying gifts and need an easy way out, I've been wanting a steam copy of rimworld or stardew valley.

Oh I'm a boy O: (so I don't need awesome stuff like hairbands and makeup)

I'll send you a pm soon today duckie I'm not home and forgetting my new address D:

Rushi fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 17, 2017

Manifisto

dearest santa,

war is hell, the war on christmas doubly so.

I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever you feel like sending, but that doesn't provide much in the way of inspiration now does it? so here are some thoughts.

- handcrafted stuff is always cool and appreciated. that includes handmade food/drink, or art, or just funny/weird things.
- non handmade food and drink is also cool. I like both sweet and savory, no allergies, booze/beer fine, fancy chocolate good, pickles (all types) yum, coffee wonderful. I don't drink tea much but I like it too. I am not so much a hot sauce/very spicy food kind of person though.
- drug themed and nsfw are fine (no drugs or drug ingesting devices though pls)
- parrot, cat, elephant, or other cool animal related things are good. I do not have any of these animals though, I'm just an admirer.
- I do hiking and foreign travel sometimes, stuff relevant to those activities is welcome.
- books and music (and other media) are always appreciated. I haven't bought or read comic books/graphic novels in a long long time and I bet there is some amazing stuff out there. "arty" stuff is v good.
- I am not so much a video gaming person, I don't have anything against it I just don't have anything particular to tell you that I would like/want. board/party games on the other hand are great.
- t-shirt size medium.

hope that's helpful! but really anything is fine!

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Last day for sign ups!

This year we will be matching up participants using :science: a magic computer code i wrote :tfrxmas: because i'm a huge dorkulon lol

ty manifisto

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

alnilam posted:

Last day for sign ups!

This year we will be matching up participants using :science: a magic computer code i wrote :tfrxmas: because i'm a huge dorkulon lol

I'm poopface US

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Thread title says the deadline is today, but the op say the deadline for sending an address and writing a letter was the 16th... is it too late then?

FluffieDuckie

Olive! posted:

Thread title says the deadline is today, but the op say the deadline for sending an address and writing a letter was the 16th... is it too late then?

Let’s just assume I gave everyone a couple of extra days instead of me not being able to read my calendar.

But yeah as long as I have your email and you posted your list in the thread but the time I get up tomorrow morning it’s all good.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Alright, I don't think I can manage to actually go out and send a package to someone, but I am willing to send someone Steam stuff/forum upgrades.

I'd feel bad asking for someone to send me a package when I'm not willing to do the same, so I'll just link my Steam wishlist here for a Secret Santa who wants to get game/games for me. It's not sorted by most wanted or anything so feel free to pick from whatever.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/WBSpeedwagon/wishlist/

In the case of a Secret Santa who does want to send something through the mail, here's a list of things I like/am a fan of, off the top of my head (so if you come up with something cool that's not listed here, I'll probably still like it anyway!):

- musical instrument-type stuff
- cool nail polishes
- jojo's bizarre adventure
- bread baking/general baking things
- video game things
- all kinds of interesting snacks/beverages/food/booze
- homemade items, be it art or sculpture or even food/drink/booze

Oh, I do like spicy things. Don't worry something you get me being too spicy... it won't be. :kimchi:

I'm not too interested in recieving clothes, unless it's something you made yourself. I don't really want anything too nsfw or drug related (except booze, but I'm not sure on the legality of shipping booze.) And other people live here, so maybe don't draw a bunch of dicks on the outside of the box or anything :p

And again, don't feel bad if you need to get me something through Steam anyway! I'm fine with that too.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 19, 2017

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

FluffieDuckie

Rushi posted:

DEAR SECRET SANTA

I rly like Christmas my favorite things are cute things. I like tiny things, mostly tiny animals. I really like stickers and pins and other tiny things that can be cute. I rlllllly like candy. And cookies. All of it but mostly chocolate!!!?? But fruits are a close 2nd.

I really like candy/treats/baked goods from other countries :) and flavors I've never had. Or anything sweet really!!!!!

I like art but mostly pretty n cute stuff. I don't like when people buy me clothes (but cute accessories are ok). Books are cool if they are full of things I like ; w ; I don't read fiction ... unless it's cute.

Cats r my favorite. I don't know any animals I don't like? But I really like animals :3:

Although my post history says otherwise, I do not want/need anything politically related. I'm on politics hiatus. Funny weed stuff is ok but nothing you use/can use to smoke it. More like funny weed stickers or something, but if you're not sure just skip on that. Other than that no drug or nsfw stuff :3:

Finally if ur rly bad at buying gifts and need an easy way out, I've been wanting a steam copy of rimworld or stardew valley.

Oh I'm a boy O: (so I don't need awesome stuff like hairbands and makeup)

I'll send you a pm soon today duckie I'm not home and forgetting my new address D:

if you sent this I didn't get it. please send asap so we can get the santees assigned today

Rushi

by Smythe

FluffieDuckie posted:

if you sent this I didn't get it. please send asap so we can get the santees assigned today

i tried to ruin everything but fixed it when i got home :) sent it to you

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FluffieDuckie

Christmas is saved!

Al is running some magic santee assigning script. We’ll let you know here as soon as the emails have gone out

deep dish peat moss

A package of 16,000 praying mantis eggs is currently en-route to my santee

FluffieDuckie

SANTEE EMAILS HAVE ALL BEEN SENT. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

deep dish peat moss posted:

neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

TOOT BOOT

deep dish peat moss posted:

that's practically a whole new religion

POOL IS CLOSED

TOOT BOOT posted:

that's practically a whole new religion

how do i convert

TOOT BOOT

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

how do i convert

If you're female you have to remove your spouse's head and consume it to join. Joining as a male is a bit impractical

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

TOOT BOOT posted:

If you're female you have to remove your spouse's head and consume it to join. Joining as a male is a bit impractical

I joined, and all I have to say is, "...".

POOL IS CLOSED

TOOT BOOT posted:

bummer. i asked my spouse and he wouldn't consent :sigh:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

bummer. i asked my spouse and he wouldn't consent :sigh:

:sever:

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Got my email, got the gifts, made the treasure map, gonna bury all the secret gifts today and never tell anyone the secret location :smugdog:

vanisher

90% done with my gift, just waiting on some Amazon stuff and mine will ship!

POOL IS CLOSED

Sending mine out around the 5th or 6th! I did not plan well around a last minute trip. :blush:

City of Glompton

Working on mine this weekend!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
A CD of 2 tracks of diff versions of me karaokeing touch my body by mariah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

lmbo calrissian posted:

A CD of 2 tracks of diff versions of me karaokeing touch my body by mariah

:pray: :pray: :pray: pls let mine be the lmbo mary chrimms special :pray: :pray: :pray:

• Locked thread