Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bewbies posted:

Also, HALL OF FAME VOTING

Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Vlad Guerrero
Manny Ramirez
Jim Thome
Larry Walker
Gary Sheffield
Larry Walker
Curt Schilling

Jamie Moyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

HOF:

Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Vlad Guerrero
Manny Ramirez
Jim Thome
Chipper Jones
Gary Sheffield
Larry Walker
Mike Mussina
Andruw Jones

Edit: also, if my sweet dumb boy’s natural gifts need to be nerfed a tad to keep things fair, that’s totally fine... probably batting eye would be the first thing to go.

Prof. Spaceman fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 5, 2017

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I was an hour late that's a real loving COCKSUCKER!

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
Can I just vote BARRY BONDS ten times?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Vlad Guerrero
Trevor Hoffman
Chipper Jones
Manny Ramirez
Gary Sheffield

Also Sammy Sosa as my one requisite BBWAA homer pick.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I was an hour late that's a real loving COCKSUCKER!

you'll be in 2019! I hear that's a great year

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

bewbies posted:

It looks like it is working for me; let me know if it is still strange:

http://www.cowace2.com/OOTP/players/player_50015.html

Yeah, it's all good now. Thanks.

.414 avg in his first year, and only one error!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Pretty awesome that Thelonius is on the Lansing Lugnuts. .957 OPS is pretty good!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Pretty awesome that Thelonius is on the Lansing Lugnuts. .957 OPS is pretty good!

.176/.194/.294 in the postseason though, no clutch at all.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Grittybeard posted:

.176/.194/.294 in the postseason though, no clutch at all.

He's the next Kris Bryant

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Can people offer up more than one player if you’re light for the year? I got more prospects ready to break fans hearts if so.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Name: Markel Morgenson
DOB: April 20
Height/Weight: 5'6" 170lbs
Throws/Bats: R/R
Position: 2B
Country/City of birth: San Diego California
Background: High school prospect

Player profile: Basically Jose Altuve. Good plate discipline and great contact rates with a surprising amount of power. Very fast and decent with the glove

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
2018 MLB Season
League Website HERE

World Series Champions: Pittsburgh Pirates
AL Pennant: Houston Astros
NL Pennant: Pittsburgh Pirates

AL MVP: Carlos Correa
NL MVP: Bryce Harper

AL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw
NL Cy Young: Danny Salazar

AL RoY: Bradley Zimmer (who?)
NL RoY: Scott Kingery (who?)

Hall of Fame Inductions
Trevor Hoffman
Chipper Jones

BREAKING NEWS
MLB annouces two team expansion: the Columbus Sluggers and, ignoring all social and political trends, the San Antonio Cherokees. Expansion draft is held just after the series.

League news
Manny Machado responds to his contract season with .343/.417/.577/10.6 WAR, doesn't win MVP, signs well below market value extension (6/162)
Clayton Kershaw OPTS OUT

Goon player news:
Several goons in preseason top prospects list including Waldo Dirgler (1) Bo Jackson Jr (3), Tempus Liksnart (4), Mike Rotch (6)
Draft dominated by goons including Doggle (1), Leftball (2), Money (3), Trent (5), and Worthy (6)
Tonya Guitar drafted 10th overall, doesn't sign
Argul MacLeod decides to begin his pro career in Korea, wins pitcher of the month is his first month of pro ball, wins RoY
Bike Snout wings GCL MVP
Gord Doug is the first goon casualty - released by the Twins. Spends the season at home, signs with the KC T-Bones.
Waldo Dirgler gets the September callup straight from rookie ball.
We should have several goons making their MLB debuts next season.

Wacky Bradley Sr. Injury tracker:
07/10/2017 Injured (Strained abdominal muscle), day-to-day for one week.
07/22/2017 Injured (Back spasms), day-to-day for 3 days.
08/05/2017 Injured (Bruised toe), day-to-day for 1 day.
08/10/2017 Injured (Back spasms), day-to-day for 2 days.
09/10/2017 Injured on 09/06/2017, diagnosed with chronic back soreness, will miss 4-5 weeks.
07/07/2018 Injured on 07/06/2018, diagnosed with a bruised knee, will not miss additional time.
08/03/2018 Injured (Back spasms), day-to-day for 6 days.

GOON TRACKER

Uploaded all teams/leagues this time, so everything should be available.

Starting next sim I'll be doing three per year.

bewbies fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 5, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Boon Doggle finished another year playing college ball where he continued to rake .313/.385/.631 at Reno Nevada University. He was then selected round 1, pick 1 in the draft by the Atlanta Braves. Seems that extra year in college paid off.

He got a $5.1 million dollar signing bonus and started off playing Rookie ball in the Golf Coast League where he had an OPS of .753 and 22 SB, enough to get him moved up to the Appalachian League Danville Braves where he has been playing 2B for only 4 games.

He did win a Glove Wizard Award in the GCL, so far he has a 1.000 Fielding percentage across both leagues.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I tried to look for my guy but the Draft Log has the Expansion draft in it and not the first-year draft. Where's Meachem at?

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Waldo gotta work on his control - 2.4 K/BB ratio. Although that's probably okay for giant who jumped from rookie ball to the bigs.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
why did the Cubs pay Brandon Kintzler $20M in 2018?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

bewbies posted:

Goon player news:
Gord Doug is the first goon casualty - released by the Twins. Spends the season at home, signs with the KC T-Bones.

:rip: Gord Doug, you were too good for this world.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Argul went to Korea and won ROY.

Fat Argul MacCleod, the man who produces the flattest pitch in all of the Scottish Highlands won ROY in what's basically AAAA ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

John Wilkes Booth posted:

I tried to look for my guy but the Draft Log has the Expansion draft in it and not the first-year draft. Where's Meachem at?

Check under All Transactions, at least that's how I found Leftball. I can't find your guy though and he isn't listed on the goon list so no idea. Still in college maybe?

Also holy crap the scouts love Larry. He hasn't been dominant in the minors but 76 Ks to 10 BBs is pretty damned good.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Get Money has lived up to his name so far, signing with the Red Sox for a staggering $3M in the first round. Scouts seems to believe that he'll eventually develop some power to all the balls he makes contact with, which is the subject of much arguing on baseball forums throughout New England. Still trying to find his footing in A+, he's suffered a setback, breaking one of his fingers sliding into first. But Money's knows that's only a minor setback from his destiny of being barely above replacement level, hitting the emptiest .270-.300 you've ever seen, riding benches around the nation, committing more errors than you would expect, and making fanbases wonder how teams keep paying him.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

John Wilkes Booth posted:

I knew I'd put him in, I just didn't get the name right (I assume I forgot to hit "enter" after each name), my bad.

Should be fixed in next upload, for now, here he is playing ball under an assumed name: http://cowace2.com/OOTP/players/player_50550.html

edit - this dude is a loving monster, good lord

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I get a lot of broken links when I go to the site and I can't load any league history pages to look for Sleve McDichael, what am I doing wrong?

Sorry for the left-handed confusion thing!

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

bewbies posted:

I knew I'd put him in, I just didn't get the name right (I assume I forgot to hit "enter" after each name), my bad.

Should be fixed in next upload, for now, here he is playing ball under an assumed name: http://cowace2.com/OOTP/players/player_50550.html

edit - this dude is a loving monster, good lord

33 homeruns in 66 games in his first year in the minors :getin:

e: Hey since I'm on the Phillies hopefully I get to be the next Rhys Hoskins

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Berzerker posted:

I get a lot of broken links when I go to the site and I can't load any league history pages to look for Sleve McDichael, what am I doing wrong?

Sorry for the left-handed confusion thing!

Here's your current team and here's Sleve.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Screw Sabermetrics, Jack "Little Cowboy" Worthy is third in the AZL in RBIs. Still needs to calm down and get those strikeouts under control.

The "Little Cowboy" moniker comes from the fact that Jack shows up to the ballpark everyday wearing a cowboy hat, boots, belt with six-shooters, and nothing else.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Grittybeard posted:

Here's your current team and here's Sleve.

Thanks, still don't understand why I have so many broken images and page loading issues but I appreciate this. Looks like Sleve is thoroughly "okay"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bobson Dugnutt spent the year in the Appalachian league, still not even quite making it to short season A yet. His problem seems to be that he's an extreme groundball pitcher with solid peripherals, which presumably doesn't translate well when you have minor league defense behind you as evidenced by a 1.50 WHIP despite only 2.12 BB/9. His changeup hasn't even reached a fraction of its true potential yet though, so stay tuned.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Berzerker posted:

Thanks, still don't understand why I have so many broken images and page loading issues but I appreciate this. Looks like Sleve is thoroughly "okay"

If I remember right OOTP spits out a ton of web pages that work locally on your PC, but uploading them in a way that works totally on an actual website is a pain. Bewbies is probably doing pretty well getting the important stuff out there.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Bike "Terrorist" Snout somehow ends up being a dude that can sorta play anywhere but absolutely destroys the ball. Like the highest Rookie League home run total from 2017 IRL is 10. Mr. Snout hit 27. The highest IRL OPS is three hundred points lower than Terrorist. For a $1.2 million signing bonus, he'll be a steal if he keeps up. He's probably going to end up at 1B for his career, which is a shame because his arm is a goddamn cannon, but we'll see.

Godspeed, Bike Snout.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Cal Slidell got to move to High A for 9 games and hit .500 with 14 RBIs and an OPS of 1.614.

Hopefully that trend continues.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Washing "Oh My" Irving

quote:

09/22/2018 Finished 2nd in 2018 AZL AZL Outstanding Pitcher Award voting.
09/23/2018 Finished 3rd in 2018 AZL AZL Most Valuable Player Award voting.

I'll take it for a big man Lefty closer

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Berzerker posted:

It can be kind of wonky about updating pages - if you get a broken link try refreshing.

Right now I'm not doing any images (each upload is around 37,000 individual pages by itself) but I might later once I get the process more streamlined.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Oh noooo, Thelonious is turning into Ryan Theroit :negative:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Moshe got promoted to shot-season A ball and...

Put up a 5.03 ERA, with only 51 strikeouts and 25 walks over 15 games. Not great.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

"Slim" Jim McCrenshawbergssen threw a loving fit when he found his visa wasn't approved in time, eventually resulting in a 14 hour police standoff.

He is expected to be ready for next year's draft.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Tres True had a down year, with 3 HR, 19 BB and 40 K in 28 games.

Sandwich Montoya went 6-0 in seven starts with a 2.85 ERA starting for Las Tunas. Scouts are high on the knuckle sandwich but he's only making $2,668.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Tempus Liksnart apparently left low A ball with a bang. Not only did he get selected for the South Atlantic League All-Star game, he walked away with MVP honors in the game as well. He then got promoted to high A ball where he's been largely the same player. The most interesting note in this transition is he made 6 (!) errors in the outfield in low A but only 2 in high A with more putouts. He seems to actually be putting the defensive side of things together nicely. I assume he's gotten the nickname "Little Bull" because he just runs full speed into every wall, causing him to miss plays (CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP}.

If he starts putting more things together, there is almost no limit to what he can manage. Hopefully he doesn't let it go to his head that he's ranked so high and continue to grow.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Willie X is so gritty they made him a catcher. Made it up to short season A for the last week of the season. Looking forward to him gritty and scrapping his way to The Show.

http://cowace2.com/OOTP/players/player_50553.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hell yeah, Hanzo won the NPB championship :toot:

Also, drat, that playoff line. 6 games out of the pen, 14 innings, three wins, three saves.

• Locked thread