Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Bike Snout continues to mash taters. Rookie leagues cannot contain his raw Terrorist bombs. As Appalachian League home run leader (24), he now has more career league dingers than Mike Moustakis and Eddie Rosario. His arm got him moved to RF. His average is down to a less superhuman .300 but his OPS is still darn good, but his strikeouts nearly doubled in only a third more games. Gonna have to see how things go when he gets to higher minor levels.

I'd initially conceived of him as kind of a nobody, a calm-rear end baseballin' dude who just does his job, but it's starting to look like that job is murdering baseballs.

Oh, also, went from league MVP in GCL to 3rd in MVP for APP and is regarded as one of the best prospects in baseball and hands-down the best right fielder in the league. Please don't break, beautiful baseball man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Slim Jim had a nice, if not as otherworldly, showing in his 2nd year, hitting .311/.360/.745 with 26 HR over 196 ABs while collecting the AZL MVP award.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

rickiep00h posted:

Bike Snout continues to mash taters. Rookie leagues cannot contain his raw Terrorist bombs. As Appalachian League home run leader (24), he now has more career league dingers than Mike Moustakis and Eddie Rosario. His arm got him moved to RF. His average is down to a less superhuman .300 but his OPS is still darn good, but his strikeouts nearly doubled in only a third more games. Gonna have to see how things go when he gets to higher minor levels.

I'd initially conceived of him as kind of a nobody, a calm-rear end baseballin' dude who just does his job, but it's starting to look like that job is murdering baseballs.

Oh, also, went from league MVP in GCL to 3rd in MVP for APP and is regarded as one of the best prospects in baseball and hands-down the best right fielder in the league. Please don't break, beautiful baseball man.

Yeah I was trying to make an underperforming, overvalued fielding everyman, but might have made an All-Star. Such is life.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was looking at the Twins out of curiosity and was confused because I couldn't see Buxton and uh...

Wednesday, November 20th, 2019
Traded 25-year-old center fielder Byron Buxton, 22-year-old minor league starting pitcher Tanner Dodson and $430,000 in cash to the Cincinnati Reds, getting 28-year-old starting pitcher Ryan Williams in return.

Man did they really screw the pooch on his ratings.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Glad to see my favorite fake baseball player Marvelous Trent making a successful debut.

Here's the original: http://www.buane.net/risingstar/html/players/player_15659.html

e: no login needed

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 13, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

tadashi posted:

Glad to see my favorite fake baseball player Marvelous Trent making a successful debut.

Here's the original: http://buane.net/risingstar/StatsLab/player.php?player_id=15659

requires a login

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Well, seeing as Lenny can't wrap his bat around fastballs any better than he can wrap his brain around Foucault, I'm throwing another prospect in the ring for 2020.

Name: Wayne Bruce
DOB: 12/3
Height/Weight: 5'7", 145 lbs.
Throws/Bats: R/S
Position: Second Base
Country/City of Birth: Greenwich, CT
Background: College Prospect

Mr. Bruce is a highly touted prospect coming out of Yale, where he was a double major in Computer Science and Criminal Justice. He has impressed every scout who sees him with his baseball IQ and leadership skills, which hopefully make up for his physical shortcomings.

With basically no power or speed and the arm strength of a slingshot made of twine, his soft hands and excellent positioning keep him an asset at second base, and his smarts and hand-eye coordination make him an exceptional contact hitter with patience at the plate. Think of a less powerful Wade Boggs at the plate Chuck Knoblauch in the field, and late-career Albert Pujols on the basepaths. Will his lack of power keep him from becoming the bat man he strives to be? Only time will tell.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'll throw in a pitcher for 2020,

Name: Lucas "Left Eye" Lopez.
DOB: 1/2
Height/Weight: 6'9", 280 LBs
Throws/Bats: L/L
Position: SP
Country/City of Birth: Toronto, ON

Avg FB, wipe out slider, awesome change up.

Immaculate command & control, awful fielder. Below Avg durability

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Prof. Spaceman posted:

Well, seeing as Lenny can't wrap his bat around fastballs any better than he can wrap his brain around Foucault, I'm throwing another prospect in the ring for 2020.

Name: Wayne Bruce
DOB: 12/3
Height/Weight: 5'7", 145 lbs.
Throws/Bats: R/S
Position: Second Base
Country/City of Birth: Greenwich, CT

Mr. Bruce is a highly touted prospect coming out of Yale, where he was a double major in Computer Science and Criminal Justice. He has impressed every scout who sees him with his baseball IQ and leadership skills, which hopefully make up for his physical shortcomings.

With basically no power or speed and the arm strength of a slingshot made of twine, his soft hands and excellent positioning keep him an asset at second base, and his smarts and hand-eye coordination make him an exceptional contact hitter with patience at the plate. Think of a less powerful Wade Boggs at the plate Chuck Knoblauch in the field, and late-career Albert Pujols on the basepaths. Will his lack of power keep him from becoming the bat man he strives to be? Only time will tell.

Sounds like a RoY winner to me.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Opening Day: 2020 MLB Season
League Website HERE

BREAKING NEWS
Miami Marlins finally end the pain and move to Jacksonville, becoming the Jacksonville Redbirds which the Cardinals must be thrilled about.

Hall of Fame Inductions
Derek Jeter
Roger Clemens (but not Bonds lol)
Larry Walker dropped from ballot

League news
Cubs predicted to run away with things
David Dahl with one of the best predicted statlines I've ever seen (350/413/613)
Juilo Urias hath become one of the best pitchers in the game, but his injury history is even worse that Wacky Bradley Jr

Goon player news:
Several goons in preseason top prospects list including Larry Leftball (1), Boon Doggle (2), Mike Rotch (4), and Tempus Liksnart (5)
Several goons make MLB rosters. New rookies include Doggle, Rotch
Couple goons in top players list: Marvelous Trent (despite having played only 38 MLB games), Money, and Dirgler

note: upload should be complete within the hour

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Well, Tempus has very good morale for once. Presumably because he just went from A to the MLB roster. Took me forever to figure out where he went because I couldn't find him on the minor league teams. I guess we'll just have to see how that works out!

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Get Money is projected to hit almost 30 homers. Has Money started taking the juice in the pursuit of getting paid? More hot takes at 11.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Tres True has been demoted to Rookie ball.

Sandwich Montoya remains on the reserve roster for Las Tunas. He hasn't played since 2017.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Despite only a .636 OPS in A ball, Boon Doggle is ranked the #2 prospect in baseball and is called up to the MLB to play for the Atlanta Braves.

This should be interesting.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Jack Worthy is slipping in the prospect rankings, from #13 overall to #46. :(

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

Despite only a .636 OPS in A ball, Boon Doggle is ranked the #2 prospect in baseball and is called up to the MLB to play for the Atlanta Braves.

Curious to see what happens to my boy Snout as he's still listed on the Danville Braves roster as of March 23rd, despite having obliterated Rookie-level pitching two years running.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

James “Dumptruk” World-Peace is the number 13 prospect one year after being drafted

I wonder if he’s gonna get the fast track to San Antonio. also, I wonder what those uniforms look like

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Popete posted:

He's probably rated extremely high in the OSA ratings. I've had insane prospects get ranked 50+ in this game and yet they mash .900 + ops and everyone wants them. Meanwhile some average crappy player is the fifth best player in the minors. IDGI

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

He's probably rated extremely high in the OSA ratings. I've had insane prospects get ranked 50+ in this game and yet they mash .900 + ops and everyone wants them. Meanwhile some average crappy player is the fifth best player in the minors. IDGI

I mean he's a wizard on defense and he steals a ton of bases so all he has to do is get on. But yeah it's a bit odd that it would jump him from A ball to the majors at only 20 years old. His projected skills are quite high though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Popete posted:

I mean he's a wizard on defense and he steals a ton of bases so all he has to do is get on. But yeah it's a bit odd that it would jump him from A ball to the majors at only 20 years old. His projected skills are quite high though.

Judging by this and my guy who did absolutely poo poo before getting the call up but had high ratings the AI trusts the scouts and rushes anyone with good potential.

Probably not unlike when I play a historical league and draft some hall of famer. Oh I drafted Jimmie Foxx? Yeah you're automatically starting every day at 17 even though you've never done anything at all.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Doltos posted:

Sounds about right to me :v:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

McCrenshawbergssen ranked the #18 prospect, woo!

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
2020 MLB Season
League Website HERE

World Series Champions: Chicago Cubs
AL Pennant: Tampa Bay Rays
NL Pennant: Chicago Cubs

AL MVP: Alex Bregman
NL MVP: Bryce Harper

AL Cy Young: Blake Snell
NL Cy Young: Luis Ortiz

League news
Cubs pretty well stomped through everyone, they also have way too much money
Alex Bregman with a 10 win season
Pretty mediocre free agent class (led by Betts) who thinks he's worth 30m a year

Goon player news:
This year was just a bloodbath for injuries. Marvelous Trent was brilliant but suffered a serious achillies injury. Liksnart tore an ACL. Waldo Dirgler is the most promising MLB pitcher in a generation, but he's just had his third herniated disc. Almost every other MLB goon missed some time.
Doggle and Mingus with nice debuts, Larry Leftball was brilliant
Leroy "Satchel" Paige almost immediately got picked up by the (loving) Tigers, ripped through their minor leagues, and then got promptly blown up in the bigs.
Mcchrshawbiergernern had another incredible year in rookie ball..but didn't get promoted.
Tonya Guitar is one of the first goons traded.
Kayani rips up NPB after FINALLY making the big club.
Hanzo Main posted for 12.5mm
Wacky Bradley Sr destroys an indy league, gets hurt a lot, now the first goon free agent (has several offers)

GOON TRACKER

Upload should be complete within the hour.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Waldo is going to have a spine made of nothing but herniation by the end of his career.

When did the Marlins move to Jacksonville and become the Redbirds?

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Meachem led the team in homers, just as I'd hoped. He did miss a lot of games, playing only 114. Hopefully he'll get full playing time next season and be close to 40 dingers.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I just want to take the opportunity to point out that Tempus Liksnart, by virtue of his missed time, got exactly 420 at bats on the year.

As much as a torn ACL sucks, if there's a good time for it, the end of August is basically it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Tonya got traded with Joe Panik to the Pirates for Andrew McCutchen. Seems legit if she's gonna come up and catch.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bewbies posted:

Cubs pretty well stomped through everyone, they also have way too much money

And yet their record still wasn't as good as it was in 2016 :smug:

bewbies posted:

Doggle and Mingus with nice debuts

Thelonious Mingus has the most lopsided home/away splits I've ever seen. :canada:

At home: .306/.389/.677
On the road: .167/.275/.200

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Boon Doggle did alright in his first full MLB season for the Braves with a .688 OPS.

He stole 58 bases...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Argul had a bit of a down year. The KBO is weird, like if your pitcher has a sub 4.30 ERA then it's actually drat good. Argul has been holding steady at 4+ WAR despite getting shelled by MLB standards.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Who taught my boy how to take a walk!? Was it you Bograts? What have you done to my son’s free swinging ways?

Ambassador of Funk fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 12, 2017

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Jack will never get out of Rookie League but at least he's doing pretty well there.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Ol' Bike Snout spent time bouncing around this year, moved up to Single-A in early August and then sent down to Dominican Rookie League two weeks later. His average keeps coming down and his power just wasn't there at any level this year, hitting only three home runs after hitting around 30 each of the previous two years.

I hope he's not a second-round-pick flameout. Hopefully next year is a turnaround for him, because otherwise it's gonna be ugly. Sure, he's only 22, but a dropoff like that is worrying to say the least. His defense is still solid in RF, but I don't know that it's good enough to prop up a middling bat.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bewbies posted:

Mcchrshawbiergernern had another incredible year in rookie ball..but didn't get promoted.

41 HR God dammit Angels!

309/.362/.797

Maybe one more pass just to be sure.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 12, 2017

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
In addition to developing reverse splits because sure why not, Bobson finally put it together in A- ball, with a 2.37 ERA/1.16 WHIP and 14 saves across 38 IP. Maybe he can finally start the long ascent out of minor league purgatory.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

After a bit of a struggle in the first half of the season with the GCL Cardinals, Mike Truk was promoted to the Johnson City Cardinals in the Appalachian League, where in the 31 games he played he hit .342/412/.692. If you project over a full season, he would have led the team in virtually every hitting metric by a decent margin.

However, Mike is rapidly becoming a liability in the field; between that and the logjam in the Cardinals organisation at Mike's more natural position at third forcing him into the outfield, he's really showing himself to be a below-average defender, even in rookie ball.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Sydin posted:

In addition to developing reverse splits because sure why not, Bobson finally put it together in A- ball, with a 2.37 ERA/1.16 WHIP and 14 saves across 38 IP. Maybe he can finally start the long ascent out of minor league purgatory.

That’s actually not surprising since he’s mainly throwing a changeup which tends to be better against opposite handed batters.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Maybe I'm missing it, is there a way to see leaderboards other than what's on the main league front page?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Moshe got promoted all the way to high-A this year and got back to a 3:1 K:BB rate, which ain't so hot, but his sub-3 ERA ain't bad. He's dropped on the Top 100 list to the mid-80s, but is holding steady as the Sox' #4 prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bewbies posted:

Hanzo Main posted for 12.5mm

:woop:

• Locked thread