Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«57 »
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Is the 7th Dragon DS game good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Is the 7th Dragon DS game good

Yes, but it's got a lot of EO1 jank left on it, and some incredibly baffling design decisions. Get the patch that lowers the encounter rate and floor damage, for the love of god.

Handgun Phonics fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2018 around 18:13

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Oh, what about the psp games?

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh, what about the psp games?

2020 still has some jank and plays completely differently, but I thought it was good on the whole. There's definite amazing classes (Destroyer) and mediocre classes (Hacker). I also rather liked the plot.
2020-II still isn't translated.

VFD was a fun game, but not because of it's engaging story, rich variety of interesting dungeons, or diverse and well-paced enemy encounters.
Because it doesn't have any of those things.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

VFD is about the weirdest a game can be while still being insanely cliche. I appreciate the bonkers classes and extended party stuff though.

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012

Wrestlepig posted:

VFD is about the weirdest a game can be while still being insanely cliche. I appreciate the bonkers classes and extended party stuff though.

The party building, extended party system, and the whole class synergy setup is the fun part- when facing a boss who uses instant death moves, you can choose between stacking up on death protection or building a party that weaponizes their own repeated deaths. It's great.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion

I can't say VFD was a good game, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was less of an exploration RPG and more like one big boss rush mode with small bits of story and random encounters in between, which kinda appealed to me.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

A thought occurred to me about PQ2.

For our bonus boss, we'll probably have to fight Elizabeth, Margaret, Theodore, Justine and Caroline, all at once.

I can't tell if that will be hell, or an amazingly fun fight.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Junpei posted:

A thought occurred to me about PQ2.

For our bonus boss, we'll probably have to fight Elizabeth, Margaret, Theodore, Justine and Caroline, all at once.

I can't tell if that will be hell, or an amazingly fun fight.

Depends how they do it. And whether Lavenza tags in partway through.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

My slow rear end is just getting started on EO5.

And wow those Decoy Bunkers are some good poo poo. I was able to use those to defeat a Toxipede with a party of level 6-7.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT SMASHING MY BRO

Don't feel bad. I just finally got to the boss of the 5th Stratum in EOV. I do not like the random encounters on floor 25. That floor took forever.

I forget what my party was the first time I started playing, but this time I have a Masurao, Pugilist, Harbinger and Necromancer, Shaman team. Focus is mostly on setting up Hellslash for FOEs/Bosses, but I always liked bind and ailment parties and the Pugilist with Harbinger covers so much. Only problem is that everyone is pretty easy to kill, but there's Fierce Shield for that.

Reality Pisser
Aug 10, 2016

Is this a good thread to ask about Labyrinth Refrain Coven of Dusk? It's getting a switch release which is a lot sooner than the next EO game is.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

EO5 question: I picked up the Master Key and decided to explore the earlier areas. How am I supposed to get through the D1/D2 area on 9F?

werbear
Jan 14, 2017

Enter the big room through the door in A1.
Immediatly run towards the east.
Get hit by the falling pillar. This pushes you two tiles to the south.
You are now fast enough to make it past the other two pillars before they fall.

If you use Levitate or a Guard Sole your party only takes 1HP damage from the pillar instead of 200HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

werbear posted:

Enter the big room through the door in A1.
Immediatly run towards the east.
Get hit by the falling pillar. This pushes you two tiles to the south.
You are now fast enough to make it past the other two pillars before they fall.

If you use Levitate or a Guard Sole your party only takes 1HP damage from the pillar instead of 200HP.

Thanks for the help (and the quick reply)!

«57 »