Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Did I miss a conversation somewhere or was she not just an unremarkable shopkeeper? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't recognize any of these characters

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope Fencer kills all the npc characters on her path to revenge

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Did they say EOX was after the events of the other EO games? Artelinde looks a tad more grown up in that scan.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wilhelm became a dog.

Also, I can't help but feel like EO3U was a thing at some point, but got turned into EO5 and EOX.

I was gonna say this as well. Actually it mystifies me a lot how EO3U never came out. I know this is a dead horse by now but it's pretty annoying! EO5 was good so that's fine, but X is hopefully even better...

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Yukari posted:

Did they say EOX was after the events of the other EO games? Artelinde looks a tad more grown up in that scan.
The interview said they wanted to make the returning NPCs look a bit more mature but still definitively recognizable as themselves. Whether that means a linear timeline for all this remains to be seen.

e: also fuckin' Artelinde better not be immune to everything again :argh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Did I miss a conversation somewhere or was she not just an unremarkable shopkeeper? :psyduck:

It was never stated in the first game or the remake at all. The first game didn't even have that many lines for her since she only had one line per Stratum, like most other EO1 NPCs.

theshim posted:

The interview said they wanted to make the returning NPCs look a bit more mature but still definitively recognizable as themselves. Whether that means a linear timeline for all this remains to be seen.

e: also fuckin' Artelinde better not be immune to everything again :argh:

Unless she's a guest NPC. :v:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I thought the alt hero portraits were brownies and not actual children

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
So, recently I sorted my 3DS games and when I put EOV in my "favorite 3DS games" place, I noticed I had an activation code for something, which apparently came with the game. But using it in the Nintendo eShop told me I should use it inside the game, but inside the game there is no way to put the code in, or is there?

How do I use this weird code? :confused:

Can any Eurogoons here explain to me how this works? (As I assume the code only came with the EU-version of the game.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh wait, I just got my answer. It was stated in the EO3 artbook that the Guildmaster in that game was possibly a disgraced prince, and hints that Shilleka might be related to him.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
That's one hell of a stretch, but sure, why not.

maybe now she can afford clothes

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Libluini posted:

So, recently I sorted my 3DS games and when I put EOV in my "favorite 3DS games" place, I noticed I had an activation code for something, which apparently came with the game. But using it in the Nintendo eShop told me I should use it inside the game, but inside the game there is no way to put the code in, or is there?

How do I use this weird code? :confused:

Can any Eurogoons here explain to me how this works? (As I assume the code only came with the EU-version of the game.)

I am decidedly not a Eurogoon, but I believe this may be something weird that's arisen from the fact that the Gunner portrait DLC (I think?) was a Famitsu thing in Japan.

Maybe. I'm not entirely sure.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Oh by the way behold the amazon.co.jp pre-order bonus for EOX:

It's...eh. Could be worse, could also just not exist and be better.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Really Atlus? Really? :ughh:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Christ. :ughh:

werbear
Jan 14, 2017

On the plus side she is no longer wearing that stupid pantyhose and the fetishised white school swimsuit.
On the negative side they forgot to put her into actual armor instead - or into anything, really.

What the non-child female Hero portrait needed was more armor so she would be closer to Hoplite and Dragoon...

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

are atlus and himukai allergic to manservice? why can't they put a 20s-or-something/middle-aged man wearing a dick armor :argh:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

but seriously, i don't really mind if the game has fanservice (and that hero portrait is not that bad compared to that EO2U dlc) but some equality wouldn't hurt you know.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The perfect outfit for adventuring in a labyrinth full of metal rending monsters.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh wait, I just got my answer. It was stated in the EO3 artbook that the Guildmaster in that game was possibly a disgraced prince, and hints that Shilleka might be related to him.

Huh. I guess that makes sense, given that EO3 had a number of callbacks to the first game.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Oh by the way behold the amazon.co.jp pre-order bonus for EOX:

It's...eh. Could be worse, could also just not exist and be better.

Im more concerned about the weird super pointy loincloth thing still being there despite the top part of it missing. Like not only is this kinda creepy but its super lazy too. Lmbo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also i guess they are saving the panties for the art book... Smdh...

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014
The funny thing was that there was a photoshop of that outfit before it was actually a real thing.

Handgun Phonics
Jan 7, 2012
I feel like that is very specifically an old Dragon Quest reference. Female Warrior from 3, probably?

The lack of a shirtless, muscular, glistening male hero is a problem, though.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Handgun Phonics posted:

I feel like that is very specifically an old Dragon Quest reference. Female Warrior from 3, probably?

Yep, that's basically the female Warrior from DQ3. This does not make it better.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

~anime~

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Hell yeah, Brother!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it looks dumb but I also really like dragon quest references

life is hard

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Tired Moritz posted:

it looks dumb but I also really like dragon quest references

life is hard

Hero's visual design is already a Dragon Quest reference as is.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I am decidedly not a Eurogoon, but I believe this may be something weird that's arisen from the fact that the Gunner portrait DLC (I think?) was a Famitsu thing in Japan.

Maybe. I'm not entirely sure.

This doesn't explain anything, since this code is printed on my decidedly German quick reference guide. It's even labeled "Aktivierungscode" (German for "activation code"). So since Famitsu is a Japanese magazine, it very probably has zero to do with this.

Anyway, there's still this problem of the code not working outside the game, and there being no way to type it in inside the game, like the eShop claims, so I'm still stumped.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Libluini posted:

This doesn't explain anything, since this code is printed on my decidedly German quick reference guide. It's even labeled "Aktivierungscode" (German for "activation code"). So since Famitsu is a Japanese magazine, it very probably has zero to do with this.

Anyway, there's still this problem of the code not working outside the game, and there being no way to type it in inside the game, like the eShop claims, so I'm still stumped.

That's...weird. I have no clue what that's about, since my US copy doesn't have anything like that, and I haven't heard of anything like it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Are there any good methods of ingot/shard farming that don't involve killing 50 FOEs?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Are there any good methods of ingot/shard farming that don't involve killing 50 FOEs?

just make a ton of lovely equipment from stratum 1 and 2 and then melt that down into bronze ingots. iirc there's a sword from S2 made from regular, common drops that gives 1 extra shard over the expected yield for that stratum.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ragnar Homsar posted:

That's...weird. I have no clue what that's about, since my US copy doesn't have anything like that, and I haven't heard of anything like it.

I tried googling it, but I got drowned by a wave of crap about the QR-codes. :shrug:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The most important piece of Etrian related news has arrived:

https://twitter.com/SQ_kouhou/status/998020702388170752

Edie's voice samples. And new facial expressions.

Also Etrian Odyssey X livestream with an announcement at the end, going up later today.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
e: Every portrait in the series will be available as DLC for 300 yen.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:siren:EVERY SINGLE PORTRAIT IN THE SERIES IS DLC FOR EOX:siren: (For a limited time.) Cost is 300 yen. Also has some new ones to boot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzKET7GLLHU

Also, Force was not nerfed. That one screenshot showcasing 0% Force was an oddity. You start with 100% of your meters, like with 2U and 5.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ragnar Homsar posted:

e: Every portrait in the series will be available as DLC for 300 yen.

:swoon: :circlefap: :worship:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

it's like christmas came early

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

There was an event that covered your party with stinky water. You could either keep your equipment and weapons on (And take severe TP damage) or take it off and be forced to fight equipmentless in an event battle. :catstare:

E: Another event asked you if you needed a map, or if you could navigate from memory. Answering with the latter forces you to go mapless for a while. :laffo:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I think I might reuse my Necromancer twins portraits for double Arcanists in EOX