Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
The LP did help me a little with things, which was nice. Especially when quest item names were apparently not translated the same each time. :argh:

And I will settle on a party. Eventually. It's gonna happen.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I still adore the Tharsis count and innkeeper. They were great.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Is it just me or does floor 20 have a bazillion random encounters? Sheesh, every few steps, man.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Violently Car posted:

The branches that lead to gathering in particular seem to have a very high encounter rate, so try to stay out of those unless you need the stuff.

Makes sense.

Also I'm about to get the boss of the forth stratum. Any advice?

Any advice for getting to or beating crystal dragon? My group is Cannon Dragoon/Barrage Pugilist/Punishment Shaman/Hound Rover/Omnimancer warlock

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

So, what works well with a masurao? I'm not sure if I'd do four swords or one.

I was thinking: Harbringer/masurao/dragoon/shaman or botanist/warlock.
Or swap the harbringer with a pugilist. I guess I'd need the botanist if four swords happens.

They just look so cool.

What skills should I focus on before mastery anyhoo?

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 6, 2017

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Oh dear lord, the forth stratum boss keeps just one shotting people with abilities even though I've followed the strat. I guess I need more levels or better gear. My poor tank, even with reduced stuff, watches as the party dies around her. Maybe I'll see what I can buy and explore the sealed areas.

Is it a good idea to explore the sealed areas in the earlier stratum BEFORE the forth boss?

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 6, 2017

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Rangpur posted:

I don't see why not. The enemies are roughly equivalent in terms of stats to the ones on the 4th stratum though they have some nasty gimmicks. There's nothing there that will make or break a boss attempt though--Crystal Dragon's just kind of an rear end in a top hat that way. Getting everyone the best available armor is recommended, even if you have to grind for it.

Yeah, I got a level or two and he still hits like a truck. I'm gonna finish these sealed areas before I go to fifth.

:woop: I finally got the crystal dragon!

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Well, the fifth stratum doesn't play around. I've never gotten game overs quite so much on random trash. :stare:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

AAAH. ANGRY BIRBS. ANGRY BIRBS!

I am enjoying the fifth stratum so far, though the music is really, really quiet.

I keep contemplating getting the DLC portraits, but I'm not sure.

What is a chain killer party anyway?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I see what they mean about the lion FOEs now. :gonk:

The fifth stratum is definitely a step up on the hateometer for adventurers.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I love that encounter.

Is there a map of F22? I can't make progress unless I beat this FOE, and I am pretty sure this lion is going to kick my party's faces in.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

I used a boss icon for him on the map

22 is an annoying as poo poo map where you can certainly make progress without killing those FOEs, but killing them makes the map considerably shorter. And that's the entire gimmick for the floor.

E:

Another benefit of putting a dragoon in your back row is that it lets you put 3 four-sword masurao as your front row :getin:

I'm just trying to find out how to go around them, but I suspect i'm just gonna have to gack them.

What are the lion FOE's weaknesses?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Blademaster_Aio posted:

There is very much a way around them, and it's sort of a detour, but mostly simple. First of all, the lion aggros on you in a certain range, not when you enter the room.

There are also lots of doors in that room and you're supposed to use them.

As for the lion FOE weakness... I honestly don't like fighting these things, so I really think you should avoid them.

Anyway...

My general strategy for lions was to equip my dragoon with petrify immunity, and have them use mana guard / gun mount.

My other two party members were a dodge tank fencer using deft thrust, lightweight and ray of light, with sylphid and counter boost, and a shaman herald with the evasion buff maxed.

The dodge tank drew away it's multi target attack and made it whiff completely.

The lion FOEs weakness is fire, I think. It's immune to petrify and weak to curse. You can also try to panic it. I thinks it's attacks uses the arms.

Yeah, I'm using them, but I'm missing SOMETHING. That's why I figured I'd ask about a map. Also gotta go farm some more of those heavy ferrules for the petrification. What floor is best to find shrooms on? 2 or 3?

I know about the squares, but... I keep messing up, or missing something. We'll see how it goes.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Yay! I got through 22F.

NEVER TRUST SQUIRRELS.

Also, my party must have brain damage from flying around 23F...

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

What's the skill progression for a deathbringer to be Harbringer? I don't want to crimp my side party since it helps me destress from the zaniness on the fifth stratum.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Man, this elemental chain party just deletes things once it gets rolling.

I've gotten to 23F.

GRABBITY.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Where are the beetle fights and cow in stratum 2? I don't wanna miss them this time.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Honestly, on hippogryph, I didn't do any HP lowering moves because he'd just stomp my pugilist into mud if she weren't at full.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Binds are good. You wanna bind the head to stop rest and panic glare. I think arms stops the bind claw/mace thing, and legs stops the piercing kick/sky thing (I think, don't quote me on that).

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

So I got most of the way through floor 29, killed an FOE and got the conditional drop, got a bunch of coniditional drops from random enemies, and promptly tagged my game card with my finger.

Popped out, killed all my progress.

Oh noooooooo, my sympathies. D:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

It occurs to me that the 5 Harbinger run would be a lot more impressive if it was 5 brouni harbingers. Better restart!

I think he's unhealthy enough, let's not make it worse.

Also, I am bad at sliding puzzles. But I'm trying. My oddly composed party is slowly chugging through the fifth stratum.
It's a cannon dragoon, barrage pugilist, omnimancer warlock, punishment shaman (brouni) and a hound rover.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Oh dear god, THE BIRDS. THEY'RE SO CUTE AND FAT AND DEADLY.

Incidentally, how the heck DOES one deal with a puffer sparrow? I'm having a time sliding around them. They want only my horrible death.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Thanks, guys. I have so far avoided ANGRY BORBS(TM). Do the headbinds stop the heal, too?

And now I am hunting a goat so someone can decorate their living room.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'm on 24 now. This is getting rough. I know my party comp's a little odd, but these FOE puzzles sometimes feel like they drag out a bit until I can find the nearest shortcut.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Just wait till you get to the next floor.

I got so tired of the puzzles and fluking my way through I just murdered everything that wasn't punch FOEs.

Oh boy, I just got to 25. :smith: Maybe I'll just enjoy my little chain murder or work on my Gothaparty with the necro and harbringer.

I do wish this game was as forgiving as 4 was for party comp. I'm still sad my dragoon/pugilist/warlock/botanist/hawk rover didn't work out for want of more damage and the hawk kept going splat when the boss turned around to it.

Edit: I do not like hex steeds

SURE WISH THE GRAVITY COULD BE TURNED BACK ON.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 15, 2017

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

... I don't like this floor.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Okay, the 25th floor is just - Just something. I guess I'm gonna have to kill some FOEs.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I wish it were a little more forgiving on party comp, but I'm digging the game tons so far. I love my chain link party, and my main party is sloggin' through 25F okay. I just needed a break from 25F, much as I crab at it.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

What skills should I go for for a four sword masurao pre-mastery? Or can I just do whatever?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I like the turrets because they counter attack, but yeah. I better start beefing up the ol' dragoon to get face punched.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I have bad luck, so I'm going with the elemental chain party. Works pretty alright so far. Bit worried about the third stratum boss, admittedly.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Where's the best place to farm conical canines? I'm trying to be more diligent forging weapons, and I can't seem to find anywhere they come in groups regularly.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

werbear posted:

Wild Dogs are one the first, second and third floor.
The easiest place to farm them is the long hallway in the far north of the first floor.

That worked, thank you! Now to get these dang crooked trees.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Pretty sure you do. RNGsus just isn't smiling upon me. I figure it's worth it, since this Aegis Prayer bow is going to last a long time.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

What level should I attempt a skelesword? My party's level 29, and on Spooky Scary Skeletons.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I haven't run into any horned skulls yet, but I just started floor 14 and hit 33. I'm enjoying my little team, though I restarted since I couldn't remember what I was doing.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Would harbringer and punishment shaman work well together in a party for EO5? I fell off it, so I want to start with a new party. I am thinking harbringer/dragoon/Pugilist?/punishment shaman/?? (Healing rover? Warlock? Necromancer?). Could swap a masurao for the pugilist. Picking a party is the hardest part...

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'm excited for this game! Even though I am sad about the class balance...

I think I prefer EOIV to V and I'm not sure why. Maybe IV was my first and I made some pretty derpy builds, but I slowly made it on through.

V is pretty rad, though.

I ended up going with harbinger/dragoon/botanist (to be poisony)/warlock/dog rover.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

If I am going to use a hound rover, should I have a cannon or shield focused dragoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Oh no, I was thinking of running a chain link party. I just - like turrets and was worried about the doggo.