Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
It’s EO6 with an all-star town cast. Jenetta, Tharsis Count, Cass, Edie... Game would be great even if they forgot the dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Dpulex posted:

The regular golem is here though and I hate him

I liked golem in EO2 where you breathed on it and it died

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Cass’s bar should have been a stratum. Stratum gimmick would be those boulders that get left outside his entrance in that one sidequest

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Yep. The main game loop of Etrian Odyssey is that you explore the dungeon until you run out of TP, and then go back to town. If you find shortcuts in the dungeons, you can explore more without using TP; of course, the same is true if you level up or buy better equipment. You'll want to keep an eye on TP consumption from skills as well; sometimes putting more points in a skill makes it so much more expensive that you'll want to hold off.

EO4 is probably the best game in the series, so have fun!

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

The real question is, why does the fifth dungeon have such awesome music.

I think this is straight up the best song in the whole franchise. I used to just idle in the maze because it's so good.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Shyfted One posted:

Ugh, why can't I just get a dungeon crawler without a bunch of perverted stuff. Japan :arghfist:

Hey, it's not the whole country of Japan's fault Nippon Ichi Software is Nippon Ichi Software.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Fond memories of writing down untold scylla’s attack pattern in apple notes on a bus so I knew which defensive skills to use when

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I actually got stomped by the EO4 final boss and found them much more difficult than the EO2 boss. I've definitely heard other people say they found it easy, though.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Labyrinth of Touhou 2 indeed has good basic mechanics. The interface is simple but clean and pleasing to the eye. However, it has a forgettable soundtrack (unfortunate for a Touhou fan game) and some creepy incidental description text. Strengths and weaknesses I suppose.

Plus Mokou one shot my whole party in a revenge attack after I killed her so I’ve decided the game sucks now.

Anyway the real reason EO4 is the best one is that it has the best song in the series, the fifth dungeon theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmcSXVyzzM

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Oh, that makes sense. I won’t be too hard on them then.

I did laugh a lot at some of the references in the attacks.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I cut somebody for Whirlwind, and I have no regrets.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

The real challenge in Etrian Odyssey games is resisting the urge to introduce a huge grind to midgame by retiring every character once.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

EO2 was my first EO game, and I have no idea how I would have cleared without my Dark Hunter’s binds. So they’re fine in that one, at least.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I just suck rear end at labyrinth of touhou; I have no idea what it is but I suspect there is serious skill issue component. I'm on like 6f and Kasen is the only character I have who does any damage. Wriggle is literally an all star teammate because she can take hits and her poison is competitive with anyone else's dps. At first I was trying to stick with the recommended boss fight levels but I had to go 2 over for Mokou.

The game does play well on the Deck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I actually know the characters so I have no real excuse for being shocked when mokou revived from the dead for a short second form