Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I am progressing way too slowly at this game.

Link for posterity

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

NO HOPLITES

No

HOPLITES

poo poo game. 0/10.

Will still buy.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

How about, instead of having a defensive class with a sword, they also have a defensive class with a spear

how about that

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

New article and screenshots:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/713/1713654/

Some key info:
-This is the last Etrian Odyssey game.
-The first labyrinth is not a forest for once! It's those ruins.
-Portrait can be changed any time at the guild. This means that you don't have to make an entirely new character if you wish to do something like make use of the DLC portraits.

RIP chances of Etrian Odyssey Untold 3

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Handgun Phonics posted:

Carris's tagalong is a Gladiator, given the distinctive head scarf. And the pink weepie chick is an EOIV medic, judging from her uniform under that sweater jacket.

Come to think of it, do we have any real-world location that Tharsis would correspond to? Etria's japan, high lagaard is somewhere in north~westish europe, armaroad looks decidedly Mediterranean, but all I've got from Tharsis is that they apparently consider it the frontier.

Armoroad is 100% the South China Sea. They're not even being subtle about it on the ocean map. Plus the names of various ports being stuff like Batavia.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

quote:

Artelinde has a dog now and his name is Wulfgar Jr.

D'awwwww :3:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I hope the Dragons come back for old time's sake.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nice art.

Why background girl looks so bored tho'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yay! That's fast.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

My slow rear end is just getting started on EO5.

And wow those Decoy Bunkers are some good poo poo. I was able to use those to defeat a Toxipede with a party of level 6-7.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

No Hoplites, poo poo game/10.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Darn my EO4 cartridge is getting wonky about whether my 2DS can read it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I recall the JPN fanbase was also vocal in their complaints about the amount of DLC.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What does it say in JP?

In JP it's revealed that the planet you're on is Mars, and the next destination of Arken is 'the blue planet', AKA Earth'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I beat EO4 maingame with a level 50-52 party by abusing the hell out of Venom Throw

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Might wait for a sale before dipping.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You can beat the Final Superboss with a solo Farmer.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Araxxor posted:

Japanese news post from Atlus about the collection.

No mention of the dreaded Picnic lock, and the post seems to imply that you can switch between the 3 difficulties freely while in town. (For whatever idiotic reason, in Nexus, changing the difficulty to Picnic forces your save file to be stuck on Picnic permanently for the rest of the playthrough.)

The PC version has mouse controls for the map. You can also use keyboard or a controller for drawing it if you so wish.

The HD collection runs at 60 FPS (in contrast to the 3DS era running at 30.)

Skill glitches will be fixed, but namely the detrimental ones. The skills that literally did not work or had detrimental features will be fixed. Skills that had beneficial bugs will generally be left untouched and were implemented as a feature.

All EO3 multiplayer related features are making it in. This also means that yes, trading is in. You can just send an arsenal of equipment from an endgame file to a fresh one to start off the party as gods if you so choose.

The password feature from EO1 and 2 are in the games. In fact, you can even use a password from the DS version of 1 with the HD version of 2, or a password from the HD version of 1 with the DS version of 2. That being said this is optional, and the game can actually just read the save file from HD EO1 instead without having to deal with a long input screen.

New Game Plus has been backported to EO1 and 2. Unlocked classes will transfer over to such playthroughs.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I learned the gimmick and then walked on every tile anyway because I don't map something unless I step on it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

theshim posted:

actually who's the best town npc in each slot in each game

innkeeper: jenetta no question
shop owner: napier, honorable mention to wynne
barkeep: missy, but cass is a close second
guildmaster: marion, but none of them are particularly exciting, feels like wasted potential here
authority figure: outland count by a mile
adventurer duo: gently caress you artelinde still mad about that 5 hexer fight

Doesn't really qualify as a 'Duo' but Whirlwind was cool.

Actually the Dudes in 4 that fight alongside/Join you are all cool.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I beat the final boss of Eo4 by abusing Venom Throw, Releasal Spell (or w/e it's specific name is) and a loooot of Amritas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

EO2 having the hardest FOEs may be true but it's also a bit hard to remember when Revenge and Climax strats crushed them so hard.