Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
superboss down after a day and probably 30 attempts

teach that fucker to devour MY stars :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

RegalStar posted:

Fierce Shield is probably the best stopgap

Fierce shield blocks things left to right, front row to back. Stick your masurao in the first slot and you can use it to block all or row target attacks.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

theshim posted:

okay I just want to say that Kvasir sucks and it's an actual crime we didn't get Missy back

yes

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
The only real party trap i remember from v is its very possible to overcommit your summon row. It's locked to 3 summons and rover, necro, and dragoon all use it to some extent.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

Shyfted One posted:

Hippogryph was terrible, but 5 Marusaos with Master Classes now available is awesome. It's really easy to farm Razor Stones on floor 8 to make a bunch of Namioyogi+5 (STR boost). That plus Reblossom gives you a huge jump in damage as soon as you finish the 2nd Stratum. Using 3 Blade Dancers, but I kinda want to use 4.

Edit:
What's the damage formula for Power Charge on the Shokudaikiri? Is it worth using?

Shokudaikiri at level 5 is 2x and is worth it in regular parties. i have no idea how you would even go about surviving a power charge turn with 5 masuraos. Maybe shove them in the back and hope for the best?

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
dont put your tank in the center bc that makes splash attacks hit your whole front line instead of just one. Iirc (an eo nerd will correct me if wrong) monsters have a slight targeting bias towards highest hp party member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
oh no. I'm the nerd now