Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So....

I actually got my hands on a 3DS a while back, about a year ago, but I just recently got EO4 thanks to Gamefly. Just got the Irredecent Ore, gonna start flying soon.

So, I'm currently planning on using my five starter characters + one of each unlockable class. I've heard that Medic is better as a subclass to others, so for now, my plan is to try and survive until I can make an Arcanist and sub Medic on them. Any tips for a Landy/Dancer/Nightseeker, Sniper/Runemaster party regarding builds and/or strategy? I'm currently planning on surviving through item usage, Bandage, and Regen Waltz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I meant more general skill point allocation tips. Right now, my plan is to have N use Decoy Sign on L to take heat off all 4 of the other squishies.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Stock up on medicas. There are so many ways to build a dancer so what do you want from them? Getting attack tango is nice, but freedom waltz and refresh waltz are pretty good vs enemies who inflict disables. I also like energy tango.

But sword dance, fan dance and a nightseeker sub for two weapon attacking is my favourite.

Instead of decoy sign, blind and paralysis will help you more along with arm bind, because every hard hitter in the first stratum uses arm skills. Except the scorpions.

Currently, I'm just unlocking all the skills I can before I go to focus on build. Everyone has their Proficiency, and is at level 4.

Connor (my Landy) has every skill except Minerology at level 1.

Julie (Dancer) has the three starting Waltz/Tango/Samba skills, Fan Dance and Dendrology at 1.

Randall (Nightseeker) has everything but Herbology at 1.

Keira (Sniper) has Scavenger, Long Shot and Arm Snipe at 1, and Leg Snipe at 2.

Stacy (Runemaster) has all the starting resistance-changing runes, as well as Fireball and Ice Lance at 1.

I think I'll build Julie as a supportive Dancer by focusing on Waltzes and Tangos, Connor as a link attacker, Randall as a hybrid ailment inflicted/damager, Keira as a binder, and Stacy as a... well, elemental damage dealer.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm at level 10-11 in EO 4, am I strong enough to fight the Bloodbear?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Persona going Hollywood?

I did not see that coming.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Question: Is anyone working on getting the JP text from the PQ2 trailer translated for us baka gaijins who can't read Japanese?

(Note: This use of "Baka gaijin" was used ironically and in a self-deprecating way, I do not talk like this in real life.)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN5Gjttkt4c

English subtitled version of the Q2 trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A thought occurred to me about PQ2.

For our bonus boss, we'll probably have to fight Elizabeth, Margaret, Theodore, Justine and Caroline, all at once.

I can't tell if that will be hell, or an amazingly fun fight.