Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

quote:

Name: Tristan, the Vamp
Look: Male, White, Vintage Clothing
Demeanor: Antiquated

Stats:
Blood +1
Heart +2
Mind +0
Spirit -1

Factions:
Queens Guard: +1
Lighthouse: +1
Tribunal: +1
Cartel: -1

Moves:
The Vamps Web: When someone comes to you to ask for a favor, look for advice/info, or threaten your interests, they enter your web and owe you a Debt.
When someone is in your web, you gain the following when dealing with them:
»» +1 ongoing to Lend a Hand or Get in the Way
»» Add this question to Figure Someone Out: "What is your character's true hunger?"

Eternal Hunger: You hunger for Human Blood, Flesh, or Emotions. When you feed, roll with blood.
On a 10+, pick 3:
On a 7-9, pick 2:
»» You heal 1-harm
»» You learn a secret about them
»» You take +1 forward
»» They don't die.
On a miss, something goes terribly wrong.

Keep Your Friends Closer:
When you figure someone out by indulging their vices, roll Blood instead of Spirit.

Haven:
You have a safe place, secure from outside dangers. It has emergency rations, a few ghouls, and an escape vector. When someone willingly enters your haven, they enter your web.

Gear
»» A secluded apartment, comfortable car, a smart phone
»» Walther PPK (2-harm, close, reload, concealable)

Debts
»» Someone makes sure you get fed regularly. You owe them 2 Debts.
»» Someone relies on you for their fix. They owe you a Debts.
»» Someone bears responsibility for you becoming a vampire. They owe you a Debt.

quote:

Who are you?
Welcome to The Hound's Den. Name's Tristan, dispenser of libations, sympathetic ear, and even the occasional word of wisdom. At your service.

And... well... yes. If you're asking, I'm not going to deny it. I'm a vampire.

quote:

How long have been in the city?

Oh, I don't much like talking about myself. Other people are much more interesting than me.

Well, if you insist. I came here in the 50s. Yes, the 1950s. Didn't really want to act or have any crazy dreams like, but the City... Anything's possible here. And trust me, I've seen most of it happen first hand.

quote:

How do you keep your cravings in check?
I feed, of course.

Most nights, I just wait until I see some poor sod trying to drown their sorrows as the bar is closing. I let them stay a bit after hours, feed them a few more shots, and then I get to feed. After that, I toss them in a taxi and next thing they know, they wake up perfectly fine at home. Although, the hangover from the combination of alcohol and blood loss probably will probably make them wish they were dead for most of the next day.

Still, I comp them their drinks. Seems only fair.

quote:

Who turned you?

Told me his name was Phinias. He was... quite handsome. Still is, I imagine. He must have been turned at a much younger age than myself.

Tristan lets out a wistful chuckle and shakes his head. I never had a chance. He played up his charms, got me alone, and next thing I know I'm the one waking up with a wicked hangover and a stiff neck.

I never saw him again. All I know is that he's supposed to be a mover and shaker in the Cartel, but it's just rumors.

quote:

What scheme are you invested in now?
Tristan finally puts down the glass he's been cleaning and his voice lowers into a hoarse, needful growl.

I want... I need more. More money. More power. More respect. More.

Don't get me wrong. I'm doing well for myself. Get a good crowd on the weekend, and I've got my regulars. So, I'm not worrying about keeping the doors open. But the big shots don't show up here. I don't even get the people who work for the big shots.

So, I'm figuring out how to get one big fish as a regular. And I've got a few leads on items of particular interest to one Dame Lyndamere of a Fairie Court.

Once I land her, the sky's gonna be the limit for ol' Tristan.

quote:

What do you want from the Big Apple?
Like I said, I want money and power and respect, baby. I want to live the life of the rich and decidedly unfamous. First off, vamps don't do well with publicity for long. Second, it's just creepy to get people who think they know you because they've heard about you from the papers.

Not to mention the crazy stalkers famous people get.

quote:

Why is the city the best place to find whatever it is?
Because it's New York! It's like how Willie Sutton said. "I rob banks because that's where the money is." New York's got money and power in spades.

quote:

What are you afraid might happen as you try to get what you want?
...Well, the world's not a nice place, and the people with the money and power aren't gonna share out of the goodness of their hearts. And they might decide that their life would be easier if ol' Tristan took a permanent dirt nap. Which, considering that I don't think I'm gonna be croaking of natural causes any time soon, it's enough to make you wonder if it's worth it.

But, I'm gonna be certifiable if I just drift though life for the next few 100 years. I gotta make my play, win or lose.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

thelazyblank posted:

Tristan
So, The Hound's Den. Who owns it, what sort of place is it? Does it specialize in being a social place for the supernatural, or are you the only one working your supernatural power? How does it stack up in the city? How much would you take credit for it?

Tristan gives you a sour look and says in a bit of a huff.
I own the place, knucklehead. Why would I be busting my rear end trying to land a big fish if someone else was going to reel them in?

But as for the rest of your questions...

Most people would probably call it "old fashioned," but I prefer "warm and cozy." Don't ask about the moose head. Let's just say it's from a bet that I lost about 20 years ago, and leave it at that.

But yeah, my regulars tend to be at least clued in. Not saying I wouldn't serve a beer to a person who didn't know what was what, but... they don't tend to hang around long. They can feel the vibe.

As for how the place ranks around the city? If I'm being honest, and I always am, I'll admit that there's places that have better crowds or better drinks, or better locations. I'd say my place is pretty middle of the road. That's why I want to get a more upscale crowd, though. I've got plans.

thelazyblank posted:

How much does the idea of Phinias being around affect you? Do you think you've seen him around, or just heard rumors? How many orphan vampires has he made in the city, give or take? You don't have to out them or.. whatever.

Tristan's eyes flicker with menace for a brief moment, but he quickly recovers and puts on a cheerful smile. Unlike before, it doesn't quite reach his eyes. Not much. I figure he's got his own business here, and if he cared that I was still here, he could have tracked me down without much effort. Way I hear it, he's been a big shot for the Cartel for years now, so probably doesn't have time for a small fish like me.

But as for the rest of your questions? I've asked around a bit, and the general consensus is that he makes a new child about every decade. I've heard of a dozen of children still in the city, so if that's the case, he's been around for a while. No one knows why he... uh... "sires" us, though, and if any of his other orphans know, they aren't talking.

thelazyblank posted:

What's your relationship with the Queens Guard? Just doing your civic duty as a member of the city, or is there a little bit more to it? How much do they expect from you, personally? How close are you with the other factions around the city?
Oh, I'm not much of a sneakthief or con artist. In fact, I usually shoot straight with people. Unless you got a gun in my face or something crazy, I'm not going to lie to you. And that's rare enough around here that people come to me for advice. But, I still consider myself one of the Guardsmen. They aren't hurting people, and they're always hustling to get ahead. Membership does have its price, and that usually means helping out other Guardsmen in need. Of course, it's not expected that it be free, and Guardsmen are always full of schemes you can lend a hand with. Always be hustling, after all.

Still, I'm not looking to turn this into an exclusive place. I get all kinds in here, even if a lot of the Cartel seem to think it's too much like slumming for them.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

~~Let me show you my fanfictions~~

quote:

»» Someone makes sure you get fed regularly. You owe them 2 Debts.
The unfortunate reality of making big plans is that it inevitably distracts from other, more immediate concerns. Like, say, feeding.

Enter Nessa.

Anyone remotely familiar with my condition could tell I was between meals at the time. Later that day, she pushes a blood bag into my hand when I'm closing up. It looked like one from a blood drive, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Speaking of which, when she handed it over, the look she gave me made it clear that she's not doing it out of the goodness of her heart. Which is for the best, really. I couldn't stand the idea of being a chairty case.

quote:

»» Someone relies on you for their fix. They owe you a Debt.
I've told you that I get in all sorts. Miss Murphy ranks as one of the more unusual clients, though. Certainly the most demanding, as she expressed interest in a very uncommon liquor that could lull her literal inner demons to sleep for a lengthy time. I don't accept money for something that uncommon, so she gave me a marker instead.

quote:

»» Someone bears responsibility for you becoming a vampire. They owe you a Debt.
Yes. That.

I've made it clear to Miss Piper that I consider her culpable for her father's failure to prevent Phinias from siring another orphan. Whatever either of our feelings are on the subject, there's a fair bit of precedent on my side in the city, and I'm not going to just pass on having such a useful person in my debt.

• Locked thread