Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Halcyon National Park, On Fire

Woah woah woah! No fair, Rosie, you can't just sneak a hug like that! I pile in, making it a Selene-Miracle Girl-Rosie triangle, and say, "Anyone that says you can't get ice cream isn't worth listening to. That's like rule number one of life. We're all in it together and that means we all get to go get ice cream like normal kids. I know you've got a lot to live up to, with the fancy name and heritage and everything, but I like the person in the costume. It's a cool costume, but you're more than just that, you know? And, uh, don't worry about getting me in trouble? I mean, we did what we did and I'd do it again. Just because the system's all broke and that creep gets to abuse it doesn't mean I'm gonna look away." I give a half-hearted grin. "I'm just sorry it got you in trouble, Miracle Girl."

A brief pause, then, and the smile is back full force. What the heck am I yammering on about? There's ice cream to be had!

I say, "Wow, you know, I think we almost missed the most important thing here: We totally saved the day! You stopped a bunch of people from getting torched, I punched an explosion, Rosie froze his firehose thing, and we all just worked really well together. Go team!"

quote:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.

Alright, since we're in ~double Influence label shift~ land, here's the score: Selene finds the conversation humanizing (+Mundane/-Savior) and also highlights how cool all of Miracle Girl's powers are (+Freak/-Danger).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017

Somewhere on the outskirts of Halcyon City

It's been a long, hard road for Dr. Knox, but it was finally time. Sitting in her command chair in front of the 100 inch monitor a few feet from her desk, she smiled at the image before her. The face, shrouded in darkness, staring back at her.

"...Project Climate Breaker is going along as planned, Mr. Johnson. Soon, the weapon will be complete, and the United States will fall to it's knees before the power of Shadow! and it is all thanks to your technology."

The video screen. flickered as Mr. Johnson shook his head. "It is not my weaponry. My supplier provides."

"Even so, you had no small part my friend." Knox leaned back in her chair. "The weaponry you have allowed me to craft from your materials allowed us to defend our export to our over sea cells. Soon, they too will be able to benefit from the new tech!"

"Of more concern is my latest client. He failed in his task to takedown the B team."

"A pity. I lost resources holding Strikeforce as long as I could... we even took down Vanguard!" Smile. "However, if it wasn't for the special scout program you secretly installed in that harness, I would've been most disappointed. As it stands, I received wonderful data!"

"Anything useful?"

"Plenty! Vanguard is an A class meta, a goddess amongst insects... but this B-team? Four potential S-classes and one A-class! The data I got will improve my other project greatly!"

"...you're referring to project B.A.T.?"

"Yes. If this project is successful, then when outfitted with your tech, we will be unstoppable. We will no longer fear any meta interferen..."

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"...what is..." Dr. Knox pushed a flashing button on a side panel of her chair. "Report!"

The channel crackled loudly before the tech voice came through. "Ma'm! We have an unauthorized hack attempt on record. Someone manged to run a trace on the data stream prior to it's decay!"

"...drat it. They found the signal and counter traced it! The Commander won't be happy..."

"If you need help..."

"No, Mr. Johnson. You have done enough. I'm sure you have more important matters to attend to."

"...quite right. The auction. Some of my best weapons will be on display tonight. I hear some high class will be there to buy some of my supplier's most sophisticated work. Not like your gift... but close."

"Intriguing. You have a pleasant evening. I must make ready for an assault it seems."

"As you wish. Good luck."

The signal was cut and Dr. Knox leaned forward before pressing a button. "To all personnel, the alert level is being raised to yellow. Begin base scrubbing, starting with the most sensitive data. We are moving to a more secure location. All combat personnel, be prepared Metahuman attack."

The screen shifted into the logo. Looking upon it filled her with both dread and inspiration. If Strikefore were to indeed attack them, then it would be up to her to make sure they don't learn about Project Climate breaker...

As she stared at the insignia, she remembered that the channel was still open. "...we're on the clock people. Hail Cobra!"

She heard the chant reverberate the halls as she closed the channel. Nothing to do but wait now. All they needed was time... she can already imagine Strikeforce mobilizing to take them down even as she thought.

And now we return to the present, where Strikeforce Beta are indeed prepping...

Well... if 'prepping' meant eating ice cream at the parlor!

_____
Jade Jewel & Miracle Girl (and Hound)
_____

Well Jade, you had long enough to procrastinate thanks to your ice cream (what did you order?).

So anywho, what is your presentation of your findings? Where did the signal lead to, and why is it going to be difficult to get there? How do you present this?

Miracle Girl, did you leave your faithful companion outside, or did you manage to smuggle him in? Also, what is your ice cream?

Anyway, being the defacto leader, it's time for you to lead. What is your thoughts on Jade Jewel's findings?

_____
Charger
_____

What Ice Cream are you eating? And also what did Inferno tell you about 'Mr. Johnson'. I hear it was something interesting!

Where is Inferno now?

Oh... and:

Secret ID roll posted:

Janus' Secret Identity Roll: 2d6+3 10

So you have an opportunity or an advantage thanks to one of your obligations. What is it?

_____
Yue Sisters
_____

So Rosie and Selene what ice cream are the two of you eating, and why were they different?

Also, I think now is a great time to clarify once and for all: Was this picnic day or carnival day? Who was wrong here?

EVERYONE

quote:

Two things:

1. It's time for the Legacy quiz each of you need to evaluate Miracle Girl and answer eac question. I will start it off:

- have you been upholding the traditions of your legacy?
Yes. She pretty much was straight forward in protecting the lives of people who were in danger.

- have you maintained the image of your legacy?
Yes, but it's a bit sketchy, since she DID disobey Blackbird in her order to apologize for destroying public property.

- have you made the other members of your legacy proud?
For the most part, yes. She stood up to danger head on and while she had a rough time, she stood her ground. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Time for each of your opinions.

2. This is mostly a free roleplay moment. Time to interact. Be the angsty teens you are portraying. I shall move things forward when prompts are touched upon, but I'll hold my hand if something were to 'develop' here. :p

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!

Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None

Inferno posted:

Looking back… it was like he knew me. Like he had been watching me for months or years and knew everything about me. He knew the right thing to say every time. The right words, the right sound, the right emphasis. Up until the very end when I started getting desperate.

I don’t even know how he found out about me, cause I didn't go looking for him. I went to the crime union sure, but it was like ‘Mr. Johnson’ popped out of the earth one day with the sole purpose of giving me the gear I needed to fight...

Inferno and I had talked about a bunch of things before he had been carted off to some secret Strike Force Base but this ‘Mr Johnson’ fellow still dominated my thoughts. Inferno had actually said very little about him relatively speaking, but for what little was said there was a sense of… Awe in his words.

From what I had gathered from the Alpha team, Inferno was going to get a medical check and a much more intense debriefing (and maybe have his head examined, just in case there was some mind control involved). Then it was going to be off to juvie or, if Inferno was good on his word and the final tally of today's events wasn’t to awful, some form of reform program. I couldn’t talk to him now while he was being debriefed, but I had assurances that afterwards we could speak as freely as circumstances allowed. We stopped him quickly enough, and very few civilians were hurt badly… but it’s probably selfish of me to hope he avoids Juvie completely.

After Inferno got taken away, I went back to the home to check on Nanna. Grandfather had already left by then, and she seemed happy enough. I’ll make up for running out next visit.

By the time I’m home, Granddad had already got the hoover out and was pottering around the kitchen at a snails pace, making more of a mess then he started with. I quickly take over letting him rest, and he fills me in on how the rest of the visit went, along with an interesting tidbit.

“That business at the park. Awful stuff. Thankfully it was all over quickly. Still, all those rubberneckers made traffic home just plain awful. And the nutters in the truck didn’t help!”
“Truck? What truck?”
“Hah. Big bloody truck, hurtling away from the park drat sharpish! I even saw those fellas with the dumb hats sitting in the back, with all this digital equipment. Heh, idiots were going so fast the doors were swinging to and fro. Think a siren must have spooked them or something.”
“Dumb hats… Crime Union goons?”
“Eh, something like that. Anyway, I figured, big hole in traffic? Well, that’ll shave a few minutes off! Ended up following for a good few miles before they got out. Hauled all that equipment into a warehouse a few blocks up then torched the truck. Course, big burning truck in the middle of the road didn’t help traffic any so I still got stuck. Didn’t see where they went exactly, but it was somewhere along Elsbeth Street. Must have been expensive, all that tech-no-log-ical stuff. The goons were pretty drat careful with it all, at any rate. For as long as I saw them, anyway.”

Inferno did say he was trying out for the Crime Union. Monitoring equipment for his audition maybe? Or did they use his stunt as cover for another raid? Elsbeth Street is pretty much all warehouses as well. Could be a base, could be a stash house until they can arrange some more transport. Could be my Granddads eyesight is bad enough that he really shouldn’t be driving, let alone following a possible heist van. Senile as well for thinking that was a good idea. But questions and castigation can come later. Chores and granddads dinner first, team meeting second.
- - - - -

At the Ice Cream Parlour and only a little bit late, I settle down and order myself a small cone of strawberry ice cream; it’s my favourite, but there’s not really enough money right now to go hog wild at the moment, celebration or not.

Cone in hand, I have a quick look around the parlour. Miracle Girl and Jade Jewel look like they’re discussing what Jade managed to retrieve from the harness; important stuff. I can see how they’re both doing in a bit. That leaves… the sisters.

Rosie and Selene look like they’ve already gone and ordered. I wouldn’t usually try to interfere on their sisterly time like this, but I didn’t get a chance to say thank you before now, so, no way around it.

“Hello Rosie, Selene.” I begin a bit awkwardly. “Er, so, Selene. I just wanted to say thanks about earlier, with Inferno. I know it must have been a bit of an odd request. But thanks for doing it. Really helped me get through to him. So… Er... Enjoy your ice cream…” I give a little thumbs up, while backing away slowly. Way to not be a big weirdo about this Charger.

quote:

Absolutely. Straight forward heroism.
Yep. Getting conked out is a bit of a negative, but she did it purposefully to protect a group of civilians.
Sure; I can’t see how risking her own life to protect the innocent wouldn’t make them proud.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Freak +1 | Danger -2 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential: 3/5 Conditions: Angry | Location: Ice Cream Shop

Cinnamon, cake, and pecans are mixed up in the ice cream in Miracle Girl's cup as she says, "Well, I mean, he's not a pet, you know, he's just... a different species."

. o O (And I'll have the peanut butter and banana.), Miracle Hound adds. It's a little harder to kick out a dog when it can fly and "talk", has a famous-ish partner, and has a literal halo. Miracle Girl's still doing the paying, though.

"Fine, just... don't make a fuss if there's a squirrel or something.", the 'icecreamarista' manages with a roll of her eyes as the two heroes head over to Jade Jewel. "So, do you think we can track whoever was watching this?" She frowns. "Putting him through that and just watching..." She shakes her head and tries to cool down with a bite. "... I'd really like to sock whoever did that. I mean, Inferno's a long way from innocent, but somebody obviously set him up, right?"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Freak: +3 | Danger: -1 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

It took me several minutes to decide upon an ice-cream flavor. Humans and my own people have compatible nutritional biochemistry, thankfully, but there is an intimidating complexity to human food -- as if every human always wants as many flavors at every meal as they can handle, instead of simply one pleasing one. Ice cream is the greatest offender, in my experience. How can they handle this? I settled on chocolate chip, at last, after the clerk looked at me strangely for requesting unadorned vanilla. Chocolate chip is clean enough, but I'm still idly sorting out the chocolate nodules, to try and make each bite either clean of them or full of them. It also provides a distraction.

"My records are imprecise," I say, "but we should be able to track them. My fear is that they will have already moved on geographically from my trace. The location I found was in the Riverside Office Park, but I was unable to precisely identify a suite number -- I can tell you where the signal traced, but the Riverside does not have publicly available maps or location information. It's a high-security facility, allegedly for protection against industrial sabotage, but..." I pause. Presumably, Miracle Girl can read between the lines. "I have my doubts about whether a location with this degree of security is truly concerned with legal or ethical ventures, and I suspect they will obstruct us if we approach. We'll have to be quick, and there may be a substantial scene."

Is that a bad thing to mention to Miracle Girl right now? I know she's had her struggles in this regard, and raiding another office park might be very distasteful to her at the moment. But from what she's said... I think she'll understand.

"We may need to act quickly. They may have already moved on geographically, but the more disarray we force them into, the more evidence. They may leave intangibles behind of which they are not aware."

quote:

I'd say so, especially in the Park fight.
Definitely. I think she's made it clear where the Miraculous legacy stands, and it's a principled stance.
The Council seems like the kind to take the long view and be into self-sacrifice, so definitely yes.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I say, "No biggie, Chargie! It's about time you realized just how good at everything I am!" I take an exaggeratedly self-satisfied pose, then let a grin break through. "But good work with Kid Sparksalot! You really got him talking!"

With that, it's my turn to order in the ice cream line. You know, ice cream has gotta be one of my all-time favorite things. I mean, like, top 5. Rosie, Miracle Girl, all dogs ever, and all this hero business edge it out, but it's close! So, yeah, maybe my ice cream choice got... a little crazy. I was tempted by the Strawberrypocalypse, of course, but how could I say no to the Omega Candy Crush Supreme?? It's a good thing Jade's already talking about a little bit more corporate raiding because I'm going to be loaded with punch energy after this! I can't even comprehend why Rosie didn't want to get in on that action. Is it because it was totally and completely for sure Amusement Park day? I checked my Rosie Calendar! Double-checked, even! It's not a big deal, though, since it turned into Punch Bad Guys In The Park day pretty quick and those sammies were totally delish!

I slide into a seat right next to Miracle Girl and start digging in. It is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!! I keep stealing glances down at Miracle Hound, though, because... I want to boop that snoot! Scritch those big floppy ears! Rub that tum! But he's like... a hero dog, so I'm not sure if that's okay?? I don't want to mess things up with Miracle Girl, but... It's so tough!

Swallowing a big bite of candy and three flavors of ice cream, I wave my spoon at Jade Jewel, "Perfect idea here: I wear a goofy costume and make a big scene outside, then you guys can sneak through in the confusion and nobody would know!"

quote:

Gonna keep the Yes! train rolling with another 3x YES combo!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 16, 2017

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

“That’s a good idea but not quite perfect. A lot could go wrong; you might get targeted just because you're causing a ruckus outside the building while apparently on your own. The mere whiff of trouble could get them to start getting rid of evidence even faster. Jade may have found their actual base which would be to difficult to deal with with one of our heaviest hitters on the outside. There are just to many operational problems inside vis-a-vis…” I should shut I’m probably getting looks.

“If your idea is the one we go for, fine. But, if we find the right entry point I can get the whole team through any wall or surface in just a few seconds as long as it’s thin enough. No alarms, no splitting up, no prior warning for the bad guys.” I quickly finish my snow cone before continuing. "And if we really want to go about things stealthily, there's an argument to be made for just Jade and myself. It'll be easier to sneak in with just two of us and between Jades priot knowledge and technical skills and my powers... well, comparatively speaking, and not to belittle anyone here, but a lot of this teams strength isn't really built around infiltration. Of course, going in with just two has it's own tactical issues..." Better plough on before another lively debate starts and wrecks this place.

“On a side note, while it might not mean much given the circumstances I have… a source, that says they saw some Crime Union guys wheeling away from the park where we fought Inferno. The same guys he was supposed to be “interviewing” for. They should still be hauled up in the warehouse district off of Elsbeth street. It might not be related to this specifically, but it’s what they saw.”

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I sit in front of the Infinite void of Knickerbocker Glory refusing to be outdone by the choice of my sister. I plop myself down across from Miracle Girl. Blocked off by a cunning tactical move by Sis. But there's one thing I do have over here. Access to Miracle Girl's feet! So I might occasionally tap against them playfully. Try and counter that Selene! Ha! Seriously though, Miracle is amazing! I'm so envious of her and her amazing dog! Also, in case it's not obvious, I am also deeply deeply in wanting-to-kiss-that-cute-little-face, and snuggle that cute little doggo! Ahhhhh, why is she so perfect!

quote:

Triple yes for the Legacy questions

I take a break from my fantasy to listen into the conversation.

"I mean, yeah. Kinda a problem." I say, nodding like I was listening the whole time. I keep nodding, waiting for it to click.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"We need to find them, especially since they're going after others like us.", Miracle Girl says firmly. She takes a bite, pondering before turning to Charger. "I was thinking your senses would be good for a closer look at the building first, though! We need to make sure anybody who isn't involved doesn't get caught up if we have to move in-" She blinks her big blue eyes as she halts, and then looks over to Rosie, surprised. "Ah, um, anyway." She focuses on Charger again. "Do you know where in the warehouse district? Maybe we could split up... with Charger trying to find them in Riverside-" She looks over to Jade Jewel. "- and you could try and come up with a scanner to try and track them in the warehouses? Or listen in? And each of the Yues could go as backup, and I could..."

Miracle Hound looks up, already having gotten through most of the bowl, and then dives back in, and it rattles around as he tries to get every drop. Well, dogs get to do that.

Taking a bite, she ponders, realizing she's painted herself inbetween the two sisters as she looks between then as if she's watching a tennis match. "... Miracle Hound could... and I could..."

Think I've got enough votes to call it there, and make a Legacy roll of 11.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I prepare myself to reply, but I can't help but spare a glance at Rosie. Is she supposed to be doing that? Is this... is this the kind of place that humans make physical overtures? Humans are impressively tactile, but even this seems slightly overboard. Maybe I'll have to ask, when I have a quiet moment.

"I hesitate to divide our team, but the urgency demands it," I say. "I would be happy to serve as reconnaissance in either district, as required. Charger, do you have a digital device that can parse electronic pathfinding? I can send you my signal trace, if you would prefer to investigate the Riverside complex. Your particular powers seem like they would be very useful."

Is this the part where I should be... tactile? But he's not nearby, and any telekinetic contact would be beside the point, wouldn't it be? Simply pressure, no warmth. Is that what humans derive satisfaction from about tactility? The warmth? I should ask Rosie.

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017

Time stands on end. Literally.

As a sharp pain echoes off your back, you notice your team, the waitresses, the customers, the pidgeons outside, everything, freeze in place.

"Hail and well met, friend Penny!"

Hercules. Only he would be able to leave the handsized bruise on your back that you already feel pulsating from his friendly pat.

"Quite the connundrum. Two places, both asking for the smiting of rightiousnous by your hand, but there is only one of you! I know you don't have much time so time to get down to busin- OH YES! Is that ice cream!?"

Hercules grabs the bowl infront of the frozen Selene and with two massive fingers, scoops a portion to his mouth.

No, Hercules was never known for his manners.

"Ambrosia of the gods, this is! ...and such a symphony of flavor! Reminds me of the time I bedded... oh but that is a bit to risque for your innocent ears to hear, am I right, friend Penny?"

A friendly shove of his elbow that would be enough to dislodge any other persons vertabre clean from their skull. "So I saw that fight you were in earlier! Most of the council did! We all were cheering you on... well, most of us. You know who was a bit skeptical."

Who is 'You know who'? Why does he or she think lowly of you?

"I tell you, when you dramatically dropped out of the sky and planted you fist into that flaming twat... you made me proud!" He eats another scoop. "I was telling everyone that I taught you that... of course I didn't but you can forgive this old man for at least trying to take advantage of your fame!"

Another pat on the back. Ouch.

"...yes, you made us all proud this day, friend Penny... the big guy couldn't stop talking about you... big guy... oh crud the portal!"

He drops the now empty bowl in front of Selene. "Hang on... he told me the hand gestures himself. Should take a few seconds..."

With a few waves of his arms, clumsy, but precise enough, a hole rips open from nothing.

"This should teleport you to whereever it is you need to go in a timely fashion. All you need to do is think of your location and bam! You're there, Should solve your time problem nice and quickly like before your targets can escape justice. It's designed to close after three of you enter. Then it will seal itself... don't want any interdimensional horrors sneaking through!"

And 'another' pat on the back. "Take care of yourself, Penny! We're all rooting for you!"

....and time resumes as if nothing happened. Except for the portal that scares the bejeezus out of everyone.

SKINer fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 22, 2017

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Miracle Girl looks like she’s stepped in something a bit unpleasant. It looks like splitting up may not be her referred option. Still, when Jade asks I reach into my pocket and grab my phone; a slightly older model but still more then capable.

“Will this do Ja- WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?!”

A... thing has just appeared.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'm about to take the best bite, the one that I've been saving, when... gosh. I don't know! All my ice cream vanished — rude! — and my bowl moved and there was some sort of space-time rip in the middle of the ice cream parlor! Clearly, this can mean only one thing: The ice cream thief is on the other side!! I'm out of my seat, charging towards the portal before anyone can do anything. As I hop through, I'm shouting, "Give me back my ice—" And then suddenly, I'm somewhere else! "-cream!"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"-- what is that? ... Selene?!"

Charger's holding out his phone, but all I can do is stare. Why did a portal just open in the ice cream shop? And why did Selene charge through it? She's... she's impulsive; we all know that much. But... what?

After a moment's thought, I take the phone. I may as well do something, even if my thoughts are too scattered to start the data transfer.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I watch as Sis jumps into the portal. HA! Yes! This means that Miracle girl is totally mine and mine alone!

But then the separation kicks in. Selene just jumped through a random portal. Oh no! Oh no! What if it closes and leaves her trapped on the other side! What if I never see her agai-

"I'M COMING SELENE!!!" I yell as I grab my ice cream and dive through the portal after her!! No one steals my sister from me! No one!

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

I don't even notice Jade taking my phone, distracted by the thing as I am. A portal? And then Rosie rushes in.

"Noooooo- drat it. Right. No one else rush into the hell dimension! Does anyone know what the hell it is or what it's doing here? Are we going to have to mount a rescue mission here?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Gilgamesh always was a jerk. The further back you went in history, the more likely the heroes were likely to have... different values than today. And Gil was about as far back as they went. You lost, you fell over, failure was failure and you were probably too weak or soft or-

"Well, um, that's not really yours-" "- bedded? Um-" "Huh? When did you teach-" "There's a portal still-", she says, fitting inbetween the cracks of his diatribe. Then, he's gone.

Wide-eyed and a little bamboozled, she seems a little out of it as the Yues take their trip. "What, wait-", she managers still in that mumbly tone, but seems to snap out of it. "The Council of Heroes sent it to help out, it'll take to wherever you're thinking of, but only one more can go through and it'll close..." She picks up her ice cream, shaking her head, and then seems to come to a decision. "Jade, you go with them, see if you can get the portal to take you to three the waterfront, I'll back up Charger."

Well, that at least neatly answers the tricky question of which Yue goes along with her: probably neither.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"Very well." I connect to Charger's phone, uploading my trace data as quickly as I can manage. Interfacing with this Earth technology isn't always easy, and it's slow by my standards... but that's still only a few seconds. "Concentrate on the waterfront?" I close my eyes. "... I'll try."

Will this even work? Have they already been transported somewhere else? Nonetheless, I should try, and I step towards the portal, visualizing the city waterfront as best I can. I can only hope for the Yues, but at least I can keep myself from getting lost...

• Locked thread