Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i wanted to purchase brand new dbz video game dragon ball cenaverse 2 but it does not contain original dragon ball characters. let me tell you if i cant fight kid buu as drum, son of piccolo, then why would i play video games at all.

I too know what these words mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

I missed this apparently. It's not a question. It's also rude!

As I read it, Quid's playing the 'no clue what's going on' / naive role in a game when there's no reason he should expect to have an idea of what's going on. While not totally atypical of Quid himself (or this crowd), he's being especially loud about it - at least to my reading. Here are some particularly egregious examples:

Quid arrives a few minutes after I do. This is on page 3. Prior to the game beginning, Quid has five total posts in the thread at this point, he makes five more in rapid succession. Very little happens in the game; he exchanges one post with you. Then Quid returns an hour and a half hour and a mere 17 majority joke posts later with:

I don't claim to understand what's happening, but I'm also not the second-highest volume poster in the thread to Birdstrike. He has sixteen total posts, five of which are pregame, five of which are on-arrival, one of which is in direct response to you.

You have 7. I have 6. Jeabus - whose vote, as I called attention to a little bit ago, has been jumping around and therefore requiring a higher post count in the first place at least - is at 13.

I submit that Quid is putting effort into appearing to be more confused than he actually is, and that a plausible rationale for that behavior is that he is not as confused as the guiltless are. I'm neither locked in nor disinclined to consider other options across this incredibly long day one.

tl;dr - quid is posting about being more confused than I think he actually is

Thank you for your answer - but I disagree! Quid is reacting to justifiably confusing stuff that is going on in the thread at the time of his posting, and he's easily confused in general. :v: Seems pretty straightforward to me, really.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Xad posted:

It was a joke vote :negative:

Huh, thanks! Completely missed that!

. . . rabble rabble rabble . . . kill the scum . . . I'm not lying . . . parallel sequence game theory isn't confusing at all . . . rabble rabble rabble . . .

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Podima posted:

CourValant, here's a link to the OP of the last newbie-oriented Mafia game I ran: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834560#post476492471 It has a bunch of useful resources that you may want to take a look at!

Thank you!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

guys i've never watched dragon ball z so please do not be mad if i don't get your references

same

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

Who is gif?

I know the answer, gif = stone cold he loves changing names for no reason

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

flerp posted:

follow u r heart

as I've said before my goal this game is to emulate flerp and stone cold as much as possible for epic town victory

how am I doing so far? Too many uppercase characters?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I know the answer, gif = stone cold he loves changing names for no reason

Well that answers that.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

as I've said before my goal this game is to emulate flerp and stone cold as much as possible for epic town victory

how am I doing so far? Too many uppercase characters?

all that matters is if ur posts come from ur heart

if ur heart tells you to capitalize and spell everything correctly then listen to it

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Good job to Xad for being the only person to get my joke :)

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

flerp posted:

we dont

smooth

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

flerp posted:

all that matters is if ur posts come from ur heart

if ur heart tells you to capitalize and spell everything correctly then listen to it

which of these should I watch to better prepare for the game:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

The Ninth Layer posted:

Good job to Xad for being the only person to get my joke :)

Thank you but also I really wanted my Krillin = Jester theory to be true :qq:

Crazyeyes posted:

Serious question: Are random D1 accusations considered scummy now days? That kind of crap used to be par for the course to the point it was practically considered scummy NOT to do it. If that's no longer the case I should probably reevaluate what little there is so far...

If Krillin is a jester that would be hilarious, by the way.

Nah, random d1 accusations aren't scummy imo, I was just very excited that there might be a jester

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

when can we start lynching lurkers? last game I tried doing that like immediately and everyone got mad (even though I ended up being right :smug:)

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

one punch man

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

inuyasha

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

when can we start lynching lurkers? last game I tried doing that like immediately and everyone got mad (even though I ended up being right :smug:)

dunking lurkers owns tbh but id rather us have the full d1 to play out and c if we get anything good or compelling then to immediately lynch lurkers d1

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

ok I'm gonna watch sausage party

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

None of the above, go to youtube and watch DBZ Abridged.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Xad posted:

Thank you but also I really wanted my Krillin = Jester theory to be true :qq:
The character I got would be easily chumped by Krillin.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Xad posted:

one punch man

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

The Ninth Layer posted:

None of the above, go to youtube and watch DBZ Abridged.

Actually yeah since we're specifically on Namek, you could just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESDAXKC2418

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

now

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
##vote EpsilonPlus

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Xad posted:

Actually yeah since we're specifically on Namek, you could just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESDAXKC2418

More or less accurate.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Naruto, Naruto, and Naruto :unsmigghh:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

ok I'm gonna watch sausage party

Sausage Party was sooo bad :negative:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Crazyeyes posted:

Is there a sequel called clam bake?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Crazyeyes posted:

i went to go see it with a friend. when it was over i was so mad at him i went and reversed how he hung his toilet paper in his bathrooms then put a little bit of water on em so they would never give a consistent wiep

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

Is there a sequel called clam bake?

Not if there is any mercy in this world.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Crazyeyes posted:

Not if there is any mercy in this world.

There is always more and it is always worse

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Naruto, Naruto, and Naruto :unsmigghh:

I just watched all of Naruto part 1 and I actually enjoyed most of it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hi ep, it's good to see ya 🙃

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I just watched all of Naruto part 1 and I actually enjoyed most of it.

Part 1 is generally ok. A little filler-y, but overall decent. It is like halfway through Shippudden things start to suffer tremendously.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

guys i've never watched dragon ball z so please do not be mad if i don't get your references

Everything in the series is a pun or a play on words. Gohan and try it if you can.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

King Cold and his son Freezer come to earth to kill Carrot who is yet to return to earth. Vegetable's son from the future, Trunks, travels back in time and kills both Cold and Freezer. This victory is celebrated by all, including carrot's son Rice.

This poo poo's straight outta veggietales.

:argh: drat it Rigged Death Trap! That was my joke!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote nevergirlsofficial

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
peramene whom do you hate and why?

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

flerp posted:

inuyasha

kagome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU