Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I refuse to believe there are two of them.

There are two of them and they both are incredibly successful and Made millions upon millions of dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Chemtrailologist posted:

Objectively cool crime.

Do you have a source for this. The two brothers are basically the same person to me, but I remember one marching in one of the BLM protests without doing his usual social media bullshit.

He made a video of it. And also a rich white guy going to a BLM protest so he can break poo poo up and steal things from the mall is actually really bad for a bunch of reasons but mainly that it fuels the propaganda fire so chuds can go "See the BLM antifas are thugs!".

The Paul brothers are a pair of trust fund babies, they are inherently bad people.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 6, 2022

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They’re not trust fund kids. They got rich and famous for becoming internet stars. Vine then YouTube and yeah.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

They’re not trust fund kids. They got rich and famous for becoming internet stars. Vine then YouTube and yeah.

People who aren't from rich families don't become youtube/social media "celebrities". Anyway they're both scum.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
edit: obv. thinking of someone else and was totally wrong

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

People who aren't from rich families don't become youtube/social media "celebrities". Anyway they're both scum.

No they can and do. They’re one of the original influencer people who really built an empire.

Yes they are scum tho!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CelticPredator posted:

No they can and do. They’re one of the original influencer people who really built an empire.

Yes they are scum tho!

But they’re probably from a well-off family. Like one of their parents is a realtor, and guys like that if they actually did come from relative nowhere would probably never shut the gently caress up about it.

I would probably disagree with the general statement “anyone who is an influencer cane from means” but I’m pretty sure the Pauls are not the guys to use as a counter-example

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It's not really your fault if you're born well-off but it's lovely to pretend you were poor.

quote:

No, Jake Paul wasn’t born rich, but he wasn’t poor.

Both of the Paul brothers’ parents were successful real estate agents.

After Paul’s boxing match with Ben Askren, he told Snoop Dogg that he had grown up poor and on the dangerous streets of Westlake, Ohio.

An old neighbor of Paul’s ended up posting a video claiming that all of Paul’s claims during that interview were false, and he even drove down the street that they lived on.

Jake Paul grew up in an affluent, suburban town.

In reality, Paul lived in a large, two-story home with a four-car garage and massive yard.

Paul also claimed that he had been bullied in school, but many of his past classmates have claimed that he was the one who bullied people.

It was during high school that Jake Paul originally found success on Vine, creating prank videos and vlogs.

edit: sorry, I forgot what thread this was. Is there a thread for shitheads separate from Hollywood sex crimes?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Yes they are scum tho!

People who have to worry about work and paying for things don't have time to gently caress around posting poo poo all over social media and youtube all day. They might not come from a billionaire family but I would bet my life on the fact that their parents were paying for all their poo poo until they got "famous".

Ror posted:

It's not really your fault if you're born well-off but it's lovely to pretend you were poor.

edit: sorry, I forgot what thread this was. Is there a thread for shitheads separate from Hollywood sex crimes?

One of the Pauls is a sex pest (but let's face it they probably both are) so it counts..

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/1479139561578110977

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Noth is his middle name. His last name is "Anks."

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The original plan they describe in that article sounds super dumb, so that's fine for the show (and for loving over Noth a little more, of course).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Does he die on the way back to his home planet?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I mean he was already dead on the show, they just felt the understandable need to kill his ghost as well.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Alan Smithee posted:

Does he die on the way back to his home planet?

He died in the first episode of the new season, before the whole story of his assaults broke, so it was always the plan for this new show. But apparently they planned on having a vision of him appear in the final episode while Carrie spreads his ashes, with him just, like, standing next to her, but they've cut that now that the stories are out there. Which is good for loving over Chris Noth just a little bit. And good for that show, because that sounds really stupid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

People who have to worry about work and paying for things don't have time to gently caress around posting poo poo all over social media and youtube all day. They might not come from a billionaire family but I would bet my life on the fact that their parents were paying for all their poo poo until they got "famous".

One of the Pauls is a sex pest (but let's face it they probably both are) so it counts..

He got famous doing vines and videos when he was a young teen to college years. He had time to not do anything.

But that article above is correct. He wasn’t rich or poor. He didn’t have help from his parents. I’m not defending the guy but this stuff absolutely has happened to people especially during the late 2000’s

Many YouTubers became legit famous just making videos and doing stuff from nothing, without help.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CelticPredator posted:

He got famous doing vines and videos when he was a young teen to college years. He had time to not do anything.

But that article above is correct. He wasn’t rich or poor. He didn’t have help from his parents. I’m not defending the guy but this stuff absolutely has happened to people especially during the late 2000’s

Many YouTubers became legit famous just making videos and doing stuff from nothing, without help.

I think you misunderstand what they mean with "help". Those guys had "help" in that they weren't dirt poor, and what makes this whole thing an issue in the first place is that one of them claimed to have grown up dirt poor. They were white middle class schmucks becoming famous in a white middle class schmuck way while claiming to be Rocky.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Youtube "celebrities" and social media "influencers" are a cancer on society.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

There was also that thing where Paul went to the suicide forest in japan, found a dead body and hosed around with it, making a video using it as a prop. He monetised a suicide victim's corpse.

I get a big Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawlers vibe from him.
He certainly was absolutely despicable but I'm unsure if he "hosed around with it, making a video using it as a prop". That feels like it implies he touched or manipulated the corpse, and the best I can he filmed it ascertain. I could be wrong!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

CPL593H posted:

Youtube "celebrities" and social media "influencers" are a cancer on society.
Not as bad as the tech nerds and billionaire poo poo heads that enable them/created the platforms.
e: gently caress, double post - my bad!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

Not as bad as the tech nerds and billionaire poo poo heads that enable them/created the platforms.
e: gently caress, double post - my bad!

True but that's like saying Jeffrey Dahmer isn't as bad as Hitler.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

True but that's like saying Jeffrey Dahmer isn't as bad as Hitler.

Say what you will about Hitler, but in fairness to him, he's the only person who killed Hitler.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Skwirl posted:

Say what you will about Hitler, but in fairness to him, he's the only person who killed Hitler.

Yeah but he also killed the guy who killed Hitler

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yeah but he also killed the guy who killed Hitler

No big loss, that guy was also a dick.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Skwirl posted:

This joke will always make me laugh.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

I think you misunderstand what they mean with "help". Those guys had "help" in that they weren't dirt poor, and what makes this whole thing an issue in the first place is that one of them claimed to have grown up dirt poor. They were white middle class schmucks becoming famous in a white middle class schmuck way while claiming to be Rocky.

There are other people in that sphere who had actual literal help in the sense of like, parents paid for ad campaigns to bootstrap them sense, so it actually is meaningful distinction to make that the pauls were 'merely' middle class schmucks who got lucky.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

This joke will always make me laugh.

:same:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

reignonyourparade posted:

There are other people in that sphere who had actual literal help in the sense of like, parents paid for ad campaigns to bootstrap them sense, so it actually is meaningful distinction to make that the pauls were 'merely' middle class schmucks who got lucky.

In what way is it meaningful in the context of this conversation?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I think this derail has run its course.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Grendels Dad posted:

In what way is it meaningful in the context of this conversation?

It’s not. But they’re right and it bugged me lmao. @
Me in gen chat if you want to get into the nitty gritty of tubers more lol

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Edit: missed the shut-down of the derail

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/esports/status/1480208126246797314?s=20

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

jesus christ. that video of him talking about it is absolutely bonechilling. it's important in a lot of ways, but seriously, skip it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In famous pedophile news.

Prince Andrew stripped of military titles and charities amid sex abuse lawsuit

Also, this is hilarious
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1481691147097497615?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

drat cancel culture has come for the royals.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I preferred the French version of royal cancellation, but i think we missed the boat by a few years.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Kinda makes sense for The Firm to be like "prince Andrew? Never heard of him, you mean mister Andrew? None of our business take it up with him"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

broke: "yoooo this dude loving sucks"
woke: "yoooo this dude really loving sucks"
https://twitter.com/Zeus_TheAlpha/status/1483108403266584578

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

broke: "yoooo this dude loving sucks"
woke: "yoooo this dude really loving sucks"
https://twitter.com/Zeus_TheAlpha/status/1483108403266584578

This interview absolutely tries to cast him in a more positive light and he still fucks it by being a lovely person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/joss-whedon-gal-gadot-ray-fisher-justice-league-charisma-carpenter-buffy-angel-1235155756/

For anyone who cares to read Joss Whedon committing career suicide. Way to just confirm every accusation and rumor about your behavior on set, buddy.