Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Phi230 posted:

That thread is loving crazy

tweens doing coke and being abused all the loving time

What the Christ is wrong with hollywood

It's really a case of 'twas ever thus, to be honest. Do you enjoy Wizard of Oz? Because Judy Garland was being drugged and molested by Louis B Mayer (the Mayer in Metro-Goldwy-Mayer). If it were to be revealed that she was raped on more than one occasion by him or any other studio guy, I wouldn't be shocked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.30839b5c3588

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Phi230 posted:

That thread is loving crazy

tweens doing coke and being abused all the loving time

What the Christ is wrong with hollywood

I don't think it's really a problem with Hollywood specifically. If anything, Hollywood is probably more morally upstanding on average than common society. The sad truth is that there are rapists, abusers, and pedophiles pretty much everywhere. We're just more likely to see them in Hollywood because Hollywood's job is literally being seen by everyone. This is a society-wide problem that we're probably going to need to spend the next century eradicating.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao okay, you're definitely shitposting.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The stories behind Wizard of Oz are incredible, there were some loving evil men running that show.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

esperterra posted:

lmao okay, you're definitely shitposting.

Are you seriously telling me you don't think sexual harassment is endemic to pretty much every big industry? The problem here is capital, and if anything I'd expect the film industry to be cleaner than average because so many people with left-leaning politics are involved in it. You're not hearing about all of the monsters in, say, the oil industry, because they're not surrounded by cameras all the time. These things thrive in shadows, and Hollywood has a huge loving spotlight pointed at it by definition.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

21 Muns posted:

If anything, Hollywood is probably more morally upstanding on average than common society.

C'mon fam.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's absolutely a society-wide issue but lol that nominal liberal politics is a moderating factor, especially in an environment where massive amounts of money and influence can be leveraged over relatively disposable actors.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

21 Muns posted:

IMO anyone who supports the women of the animation industry should buy tickets to Coco and burn them. That way, you're supporting all of the talented Mexican and Latino artists who worked on the film, but you're also sending Disney a clear message. They let this happen for years and they can't come out of this thinking that that was acceptable.

It's been 4 and a half months and I'm still lolling that you think that giving Disney the money but not ever witnessing the art sends a clear message to Disney and also supports the artists.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ALFbrot posted:

It's been 4 and a half months and I'm still lolling that you think that giving Disney the money but not ever witnessing the art sends a clear message to Disney and also supports the artists.

Ha! That really is the stupidest thing ever.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

guys, lets stop ragging on someone who has stupid opinions about hollywood, because guess who else has stupid opinions about hollywood:

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/978712234519138306

that's right, Sean Penn: Novelist & Poet Extraordinaire.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

To me Sean Penn will always be that rear end in a top hat who beat the poo poo out of Madonna when they were together, so him continuing to be trash/have trash opinions doesn't surprise me.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Charlie Rose is a freaking imbecile.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Where did all the laughs go?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

i am the bird posted:

Where did all the laughs go?

I wasted them all on IS THAT MY DAUGHTER IN THERE?!?!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

esperterra posted:

To me Sean Penn will always be that rear end in a top hat who beat the poo poo out of Madonna when they were together, so him continuing to be trash/have trash opinions doesn't surprise me.

Though I'm no fan of Penn, that story is likely bullshit. The first report on it was literally from a tabloid newspaper here in the UK. The police confirmed they were called to the residence but there was nothing to see. Madonna denied anything happened at the time and again stated nothing more than a petty argument occurred between them under oath not so long ago. No doubt Penn is probably a lovely partner, but I don't think he tied up Madonna and beat her as is usually claimed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DrVenkman posted:

Though I'm no fan of Penn, that story is likely bullshit. The first report on it was literally from a tabloid newspaper here in the UK. The police confirmed they were called to the residence but there was nothing to see. Madonna denied anything happened at the time and again stated nothing more than a petty argument occurred between them under oath not so long ago. No doubt Penn is probably a lovely partner, but I don't think he tied up Madonna and beat her as is usually claimed.

The tied her up and beat her part always seemed super suspect to me, but I have no problem believing that man probably has anger issues and slapped her around.

But yeah, whether he beat her or not he's always kind of come off as an rear end in a top hat. Good actor but an rear end in a top hat.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Sean Penn strikes me as the kind of pretentious douchebag who sits by a window, watching the rain fall and waiting for someone to ask him what he’s doing, just so that he can cryptically mutter “Hemmingway” and return to his silence.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fart City posted:

Sean Penn strikes me as the kind of pretentious douchebag who sits by a window, watching the rain fall and waiting for someone to ask him what he’s doing, just so that he can cryptically mutter “Hemmingway” and return to his silence.

Which annoys me because that was my gimmick.

You know, before i stopped being 14

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

guys, lets stop ragging on someone who has stupid opinions about hollywood, because guess who else has stupid opinions about hollywood:

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/978712234519138306

that's right, Sean Penn: Novelist & Poet Extraordinaire.

lmao the quotes in the article r so embarassing

DrVenkman posted:

Gawker (who else?) did probably the most comprehensive look at this (http://gawker.com/did-sean-penn-beat-up-madonna-an-archaeology-of-hollyw-1748746261) & while there's ambiguity around the exact details it's definitely more than "nothing actually happened"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I just finished reading through that Schneider scuttlebutt thread. Good lord.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Sean Penn spent years making an rear end of himself with Hugo Chavez trying to legitimize that dictatorial garbage fire of a government. He’s a living, breathing Breitbart strawman of a leftist.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Sean Penn spent years making an rear end of himself with Hugo Chavez trying to legitimize that dictatorial garbage fire of a government. He’s a living, breathing Breitbart strawman of a leftist.

truly, this was his greatest crime, and wholly relevant to the Hollywood Molesters thread.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

truly, this was his greatest crime, and wholly relevant to the Hollywood Molesters thread.

Sorry, I thought it fit with his whole “writes a poem that makes Alec Baldwin’s take on ‘#metoo’ seem considered and decent” schtick.

Penn’s spent the last 20 years acting like he’s more “dangerous” and “genuine” and “iconoclastic” than the rest of Hollywood so I wasn’t surprised that he came out on the side of “unfairly vilified men” in the most stupidly pretentious way possible. Like, IIRC he posted a stupid poem when his dictator bff died too.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
New blind from that site about the recent Schneider news
http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/03/blind-item-13-her-words.html

Everyone seems to think this is Amanda Bynes posted:

Blind Item #13 - Her Words

Last night, after the news broke about a certain producer, an actress ALL of you know who knows the producer as well as anyone sent me this.

thank you for all of your ongoing support. i Don’t know how Any of these meN sleep at night, but if there’s one thing that i Do know Is that what’s Done In the dark, always comes to lighT! xoxo

Sorry, I thought it was clever :D unfortch I will obviously not be making any comment whatsoever (for obvious reasons) and unfortch I feel as though the only way that legitimate stories can make the headlines regarding ____ is if others publicly speak on his behavior. _____ was truly like a 2nd father to me. But things changed. After the 2nd incident, i don’t know if I will ever be able to have children or have the family of my dreams.

People have been picking this scab for years. I just won’t be the one who finally rips it off.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I guess the leader of Allison Mack's sex slave cult was arrested and she might be next.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

I guess the leader of Allison Mack's sex slave cult was arrested and she might be next.

Oh Chloe, how far you have strayed.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Speaking of sex cults, here’s a new allegation against R. Kelly:

http://www.complex.com/music/2018/03/r-kelly-accused-training-14-year-old-girl-sex-slave

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

R. Guyovich posted:

Hugo Chavez was pretty cool.

Antisam
Jun 18, 2005

Witness the reverie of a mind filtered through tube...
Fun Shoe

Computer... enhance

quote:

Blind Item #13 - Her Words
thank you for all of your ongoing support. i Don’t know how Any of these meN sleep at night, but if there’s one thing that i Do know Is that what’s Done In the dark, always comes to lighT! xoxo

:tinfoil:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Holy gently caress

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Wait, did you guys not immediately see that? The next line was “I thought it was clever”.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Hugo Chavez was pretty cool.

And he had UNBELIEVABLE coke.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

esperterra posted:

I’d read about the cult here-and-there, but buzzfeed has a pretty comprehensive article on it running at the top of the front page right now. And like, holy moly if even a fraction of what is there is true, it’s pretty drat mind blowing. Because if it is true, it is absolutely a real-deal cult-cult.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Yeah, I found out about the Allison Mack thing when I mentioned having a crush on her during Smallville and the person I was talking to got super excited and dropped the whole story like an IED.

Its just loving bananas.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I've been reading up on Allison Mack's sex cult and learning about old Keith R aka VANGUARD. I don't understand how he managed to get a billionaire heiress, some actresses and more women to go with this dude. Plus going by his gamertag irl? Seriously, HOW? How did he even get far enough to have enough to black mail them and "brainwash" them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe he's really good at Halo?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Howling Man posted:

I've been reading up on Allison Mack's sex cult and learning about old Keith R aka VANGUARD. I don't understand how he managed to get a billionaire heiress, some actresses and more women to go with this dude. Plus going by his gamertag irl? Seriously, HOW? How did he even get far enough to have enough to black mail them and "brainwash" them?

It fronts as like some new age-y self help thing. So totally the kind of thing some actors and actresses would get way into. Allison Mack was alrdy granola as gently caress so she was probably an easy target after Kreuk (who was smart enough to get out) recruited her way back in the day.

After that I imagine it's like any cult and a lot of people are suspectible to that kind of stuff, esp if they think they're doing good for the world and if the leader has any charisma to keep his dumb message going and turn it sinister for the ones in the inner circle who he built up and made feel important.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

So basically The Invitation was a documentary

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fart City posted:

I’d read about the cult here-and-there, but buzzfeed has a pretty comprehensive article on it running at the top of the front page right now. And like, holy moly if even a fraction of what is there is true, it’s pretty drat mind blowing. Because if it is true, it is absolutely a real-deal cult-cult.

Post the article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Phi230 posted:

Post the article

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/briannasacks/keith-raniere-nxivm-sex-slaves