Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Franco was at NYU when I was an undergrad there (2010ish) and everyone I know who crossed paths with him described him as a legendary rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Hysterical meaning "hilarious" is a completely different usage than hysterical meaning "histrionic". Arguing that the former is problematic is some real galaxy brain poo poo.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpHEQqApoAY&t=88s

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

davidspackage posted:

So Chicago is now trying to make Jussie Smollett pay a $100k fine for 'wasting time and resources?' Seems odd, if you can't prove he made a fraudulent claim of assault?

Civil and criminal proceedings are independent; most famously, OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murder but lost a wrongful death civil suit.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Could we maybe not fantasize about people being raped and beaten in prison?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Sucrose posted:

IMO there’s a big difference between living scumbags who are likely still profiting off their best-known works, and dead scumbags.

I plan on having a Polanski movie marathon as soon as the fucker’s dead.

Did Polanski finance his own films?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Zogo posted:

Top MPAA Executive Steven Fabrizio Fired Amid Sexual Abuse, Blackmail Charges
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/mpaa-steven-fabrizio-fired-sexual-abuse-blackmail-charges-1203315135/

Holy hell, what a piece of poo poo.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

What's with all the hate for Joel Schumacher having done a lot of loving, is this a homophobia thing or what? Why was that article posted in the sexual assault thread?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

I'm not hating, I'm just laughing at the ludicrous claim

It's honestly not that ludicrous, dude is just being candid about his habits and the availability of casual sex during a certain era.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

"A rich and famous gay film producer who loves cocaine living in Hollywood in the 70s 80s would have had to have been going to multiple orgies a week to tally up that many sexual partners!"

:thunk:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Actually, couples can figure this poo poo out for themselves and it isn't on us to be the relationship police

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

The no phones thing isn't about joke theft or damage control, it's to prevent bootlegs that could hurt sales.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Louis CK is banning taking notes on paper with a pen, I don't think there's a huge bootleg market for written transcripts of comedy shows.

Yeah that's pretty dumb. I was referring to having to put your phone into a locked pouch which us pretty standard at a lot of bigger clubs now, at least here in NY.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

You also move into some real bizarre classist territory when you start to imply that it's problematic for people to marry across income brackets or whatever the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Hiring people you're loving is an extremely bad look.