Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Chieves posted:

I can't help but laugh at this scene nowadays for how casually brazen and demeaning it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovXysYZTVzs

Bubbly young woman named "Dink", forceful spin-around, "man talk", dubbing a loving karate smack sound effect on the rear end slap. Brilliant, good work 007.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

It's rather telling that Goldfinger is remembered by most people as the "best Bond movie".

I think when they say "best Bond movie" they mean "the most Bond movie", which says all that needs to be said about the series yeah.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

peer posted:

additionally victims might stay with abusers because the abuser threatens, implicitly or explicitly, to hurt or kill themselves if the victim leaves them

Evan Rachel Wood actually said that he would tell her over and over how he knew "dangerous people" that would hurt her family if she tried to leave him or told anybody about what he was doing to her, etc.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I forgot all the details of the case, but reading that summary I'm going to go ahead and call it that the men who jumped Smollett were known by the CPD to be CPD and the clown car of detectives assigned to the case were to get ahead of any potential case against the CPD, despite Smollett never fingering any police officers in the beating. Somebody knew exactly who the perps were, they were probably cops, and this was done to head off any internal investigation. You know, despite the fact that he never mentioned if they were cops (and likely didn't know).

I mean it sounds like an insane conspiracy theory but it's the CPD we're talking about, the guys who basically operate their own CIA-style black sites.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean, we don't need the Daily Mail to tell us that Marilyn Manson is a piece of poo poo so :shrug:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I think I must've mentally blocked out that image of 40-something Bryan Singer next to Stuerman, because holy poo poo does it make Singer look like the disgusting creep he is. Stuerman looks like a 12 year old in a suit.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It's less about "the way he looks" and more about the way he smiles with his only his mouth, with calm eyes. But there can be any number of reasons for that, plus we're talking about candid shots with a flash in a club or event or at the bar or whatever.

Personally I think the bigger issue is that he has his arms around a boy who looks like he's 14 years old, staring ahead like a deer in headlights while the 40-something man next to him looks like he's holding up a prize fish he just caught. It's just a very "yikes" photo.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Jared Leto has to have some serious dirt on some bigger fish, there's no way he's just that untouchable. He keeps getting roles despite being mediocre, and they're never big enough roles for him to make any serious money so it can't just be his wealth keeping him out of trouble. Nobody in the industry really seems to like him, either, and nobody sticks up for him.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

:stare: Jared Leto at an "all ages show".

Probably the only type of show 30STM plays

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Von Pluring posted:

He wasn’t even there for part 1.

I can't help but think that maybe somebody thought it'd be a bad idea for Fukunaga to work with children.

But he totally "left" the project on his own accord because they just didn't appreciate his artistic vision. :v:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

That Mormon rape movie is another in a long line of "real-life horrible thing turned into a dark comedy" movies, like Pain and Gain or that movie about the guy who had a bomb strapped to him who was forced to rob a bank.

Hack writers/directors just love turning true crime into edgy comedies. I guess they think they can be the next Coen brothers :shrug:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I don't really think the point of what Depp is doing is to get back into the movie industry. He's just making up a reason why Heard should pay him money :shrug:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I think he should get what anyone else would for starting a physical fight on a plane in flight and injuring someone.

A fight doesn't "start" when somebody throws a punch. Doing everything in your power to get somebody to hit you is starting a fight, regardless of whether or not you threw the first punch.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Well, early on in the whole shitshow, I was kind of on the side of Depp, but in light of all this other poo poo including people all but confirming that online algorithms are gaming public opinion, I think I've swung back hard the other way.

No one's really immune to propaganda, and it's getting to the point where if you feel really strong negative opinions of somebody and you don't know why, then maybe take a step back and investigate. It's like what happened with Hillary Clinton in '16. I felt I had to "hold my nose" to vote for her but I couldn't name a single thing she'd actually done to make me think negatively of her, like I had zero opinion of her before that year. Just like I didn't know anything about Amber Heard, barely followed the Heard/Depp relationship or this case and yet my opinion of Heard was that she was "crazy" and "violent". I had no reason to think that, it's like the idea just made its way into my head over months of random people posting and saying as much.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hillary Clinton might not be the best example there, just sayin.

Well yeah, things came to light later (with manipulating the '16 primary, etc), but I meant at the time leading up to the general.

It's just gotten to the point where everybody, myself included, gets worked up about people we barely know anything about simply through social media osmosis.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Lewinsky was even pre social media, this poo poo's been going on forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

No, I'm pretty sure "a crime" is "drugging and raping a 13 year old girl".